Avocado 24 Builds

Wasn't happy with the previous triple parallel single coil build so I reverted to a setup that has served me well.

26g NI80 Dual - 2.4mm ID

Initially measured 0.21 ohms. After wicking and juicing it settled at 0.42 ohms.

This time I remembered to put the bottom leg in the top post like @BigGuy recommended. Much better.

07e2505dd74aeca17a02b4664b03899f.jpg

Glowing nicely.

50e98116364fc8e5ed8d4719061e58eb.jpg

Wicked and juiced up.

02ae8288dbbf03a57939bff13f9ee11a.jpg

Holy cow it's nice. And strong ;-) My Avo24 is back in good service

3405bc67f81269118eed6dec1332b728.jpg

The juice is a strongish (about 14mg) blend of various commercial tobacco juices. Rough and hardcore.

The Avo gives such deep rich flavour. A tad strong initially. Short toots at 25-30W are just lovely.

Looking forward to more vaping on it. And I like it because it's so easy to fill with a needle nosed bottle.
I got one of these for Christmas and didn't think much of it, but this post has inspired me! Fingers crossed there is some time to build tonight!

I got one of these for Christmas and didn't think much of it, but this post has inspired me! Fingers crossed there is some time to build tonight!

Go for it @Stosta
Definitely remember the bottom coil leg into the top post hole and vice versa
It makes it easier and the coils just stay in place and shape better

Another thing i is to get the coils exactly opposite each other, so the airflow slots will be in line with them (mine are still not perfect) and also to position the coils very nicely and evenly between the juice holes.

As far as height goes i made mine so the airslots are in line with the bottom part of the coil. Seems to work fine.

Go for it @Stosta
Definitely remember the bottom coil leg into the top post hole and vice versa
It makes it easier and the coils just stay in place and shape better

Another thing i is to get the coils exactly opposite each other, so the airflow slots will be in line with them (mine are still not perfect) and also to position the coils very nicely and evenly between the juice holes.

As far as height goes i made mine so the airslots are in line with the bottom part of the coil. Seems to work fine.
Sounds good!

I started playing with it but was a bit confused by the filling system so it got put on hold. I'll have to open it up and figure out how that works.

Might have been a good idea to read the manual, but the second I get something new I think "I've been vaping long enough to be able to figure this out!" And then the item proceeds to get benched because I can't! :confused:

Sounds good!

I started playing with it but was a bit confused by the filling system so it got put on hold. I'll have to open it up and figure out how that works.

Might have been a good idea to read the manual, but the second I get something new I think "I've been vaping long enough to be able to figure this out!" And then the item proceeds to get benched because I can't! :confused:

Haha

There is a little metal flap on the one side of the deck when you take off the topcap
It has a little ledge on it that you can grip with a fingernail and pull the flap open.
Then you will see two holes, and you pour juice in one of those holes
But you need a needle plastic nozzle bottle to do that.

Another tip @Stosta - go for 2.5mm ID. When you push the wick tails down the holes, they will be big enough to plug up the holes but not too much to cause blockage. Natural tilt while vaping makes it wick nicely.

Haha

There is a little metal flap on the one side of the deck when you take off the topcap
It has a little ledge on it that you can grip with a fingernail and pull the flap open.
Then you will see two holes, and you pour juice in one of those holes
But you need a needle plastic nozzle bottle to do that.

Another tip @Stosta - go for 2.5mm ID. When you push the wick tails down the holes, they will be big enough to plug up the holes but not too much to cause blockage. Natural tilt while vaping makes it wick nicely.
I'm going to go for that exact build you put in!

How long do the tails go? I'm guessing they don't need to go to the bottom of the tank? Like you said, with the natural tilt it shouldn't need it?

I should actually try a 2.5mm build @Silver. I have never ever tried it and this atty is probably the right thing to try it in given its feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to go for that exact build you put in!

How long do the tails go? I'm guessing they don't need to go to the bottom of the tank? Like you said, with the natural tilt it shouldn't need it?

Sorry @Stosta
Was offline this afternoon

You dont need the tails to go to the bottom, i would say about a third down.
That should be more than necessary to get the wicking going and the juices flowing !

Thanks @shaun2707
I have not experimented with any other RDTA - so am unsure how the Avo compares to others.
The Avo24 is quite an oldish RDTA and came out yonks ago, so I would not be surprised if more recent RDTAs are better.

But it works well for me so I like it ;-)
tried a lot of the latest rdtas and avo still wins!

Picked up an Avocado yesterday. Man, this thing is awesome!
Why have I not bought one earlier instead of wasting money on tanks??

I tried a single coil today and I must say I really like it, especially with the 510 drip tip.

Picked up an Avocado yesterday. Man, this thing is awesome!
Why have I not bought one earlier instead of wasting money on tanks??

I tried a single coil today and I must say I really like it, especially with the 510 drip tip.

The Avo with a single coil is an awesome flavour atty... but you will soon get tired of trying to keep the little reservoir full!

You guys convinced me to gove the Avo anther try. Threw in a single coil, wicked it and gave it a go. Really surprised at the result. Far better than I remembered. I bought it at the beginning of 2017 and did not enjoy it that much. I am going to keep it in the rotation for a while. Who knows it may regain a permanent place. Thanks @Silver @Paul33 @Sash .

You guys convinced me to gove the Avo anther try. Threw in a single coil, wicked it and gave it a go. Really surprised at the result. Far better than I remembered. I bought it at the beginning of 2017 and did not enjoy it that much. I am going to keep it in the rotation for a while. Who knows it may regain a permanent place. Thanks @Silver @Paul33 @Sash .
Glad you loving it again :aaaaa:

Yes! Avo and fruity vapes were made for each other!

Must say of all my tanks, this is my weeked go to when it comes to the more expensive, complex juices purely for the flavour. As it is a thirsty little bugger I like to spend a tank and go back to my Themis... But all round this avo has the flavour of an rda with the convenience of the little tank. Thanks for wicking info. I think mines a little short. Read somewhere the tips should just be in the holes.
Here's my build...
20180323_180107.jpg

Last edited:
Must say of all my tanks, this is my weeked go to when it comes to the more expensive, complex juices purely for the flavour. As it is a thirsty little bugger I like to spend a tank and go back to my Themis... But all round this avo has the flavour of an rda with the convenience of the little tank. Thanks for wicking info. I think mines a little short. Read somewhere the tips should just be in the holes.
Here's my build...
View attachment 127017
@Caseman, I have my wicks just inside the holes. Works a treat. Loving this Avo more and more every day.
I am running a single coil at 28 watt at the moment. Love the flavour I get from my Red Pill and SNLV18/Ice.

I don't see myself going for a standard tank again.

Back