Bad news on LG HG2s

It's likely, considering the evidence at hand.

@JakesSA you haven't said anything about the 0's? The numbers printed on the wrap. From the pics in the article it seems very clear so this could be an easy way for people to know?

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention @Lingogrey.

Potential disaster averted with the help of and super service from @Sir Vape et al.

My replacement LGs

vUYWs2K.jpg

IMG_20170104_134955_1.jpg IMG_20170104_132823.jpg IMG_20170104_132815.jpg Heys guys,need some help please,just bought these batteries today but im not sure if they look the same as my previous lg batteries so just want to make sure,was it suppose to have warnings signs on them? How can I confirm if they authentic or not? Tagging @Rob Fisher and @Silver as im sure you know who the battery experts are

Last edited:
@Slick the bottom one looks real suspect because I have never seen an LG with that text on it... but I'm no battery expert so let's see what the real battery experts say?

@Slick the bottom one looks real suspect because I have never seen an LG with that text on it... but I'm no battery expert so let's see what the real battery experts say?
All 3 pics are the new batteries,I have never seen the writing before thats why Im not sure,it was bought from a supporting vendor on the forum

I have read online somewhere that LG will be adding this writing on their batteries, also no expert on this...

Ok the vendor just confirmed that they get it from the factory like that and thats how it will come in the future,he personally uses them and they are 100% authentic! Thanks for the help guys

The tops look legit, those are the standard four-leg positive connectors that LG use. It's impossible to say from pics but I would guess that they are legit. I can't think of any reason why a battery counterfeiter would print warning text on a battery. Ime they generally operate as cheaply as possible. Adding extra print text is a cost/hassle they wouldn't bother with as it serves no purpose for them. Most batts are sold without that warning so the counterfeiters would try to make their counterfeit batts look as close as possible to the genuine article. They wouldn't do something - like printing warning text that doesn't appear on standard LG batts - that would draw attention to it being a fake.

Another way to check is to look at the white insulator ring around the positive pin. LG uses textured rather than glossy material for this ring. So if there is a high-gloss finish on the white rings in your batts, chances are they might be fake. You can also compare the quality of the printing and the exact colour of the brown cover to other LGs that you may have. Fakes will often have lower-quality printing with fewer dots per inch, and they may use wraps that are a somewhat different shade of brown.

The brown's is my nr.1 in mech's. Thanks for the info.

It is legit. LG is now putting that text on their batteries. I've seen the official document for it online. They doing this just to protect themselves in cases of misuse in mods and mechs. Other companies are also planning on doing this to.

#@?!:!#@!!! What kind of world do we live in where even after stepping on a turd, you are not sure if you actually did. Geeez, if it walks like a duck, it talks like a duck,...... Its probably a chicken! DSC_0396.JPG
Three fakes. Smurfs in deep cover?

If i mentioned their name i might be sleeping with the fishes tonight, if you get what i mean... Cementa boots n all...
Contact the vendor and let them know. I had a fake HG2 a while back and you can tell it's fake without even looking at it. If it's fully charged you have it in a single cell mod (I used a pico) and up the wattage to 60 or so it'll say weak battery but if it's authentic it'll fire will full power.

Damn, that sucks. Apparently the counterfeiters are also mixing batches, putting ten counterfeits and ten legit ones together to make it less likely that the counterfeits will be spotted. So a customer reports one from a batch to a vendor who checks another from the same batch and, if the one he checks is legit, he thinks the customer is making up stories. Criminal mentality... :-@

@Raindance mine is around the same weight and it is more or less what authentic must be...now im worried
If on a regulated mod you dont get weak battery messages on a rather healthy charge, you should be ok. Stay away from using them in a mech if any doubt. All the more reason to invest in one of those fancy chargers mentioned in another current thread. Think they may be more than worth the little extra cost.

Back