Bad news on LG HG2s

Rub your finger nail against the white bit in case gloss vs textured is a bit too subjective as a visual test .. in my personal opinion, rather get 30Qs .. and Mooch agrees .. ;)

Hi Guys, I just received vape mail with 4 LG HG2 batteries, however when comparing them to my 2 known authentic LG's I immediately noticed a difference. Authentic batteries are the 2 on the right.. Who can confirm the authenticity of these batteries and perhaps do some proper testing on them?

IMG-20170418-WA0018.jpeg IMG-20170418-WA0018.jpeg IMG-20170418-WA0016.jpeg IMG-20170418-WA0014.jpeg

aaaand.........they're fake. Sorry.

Hi Guys, I just received vape mail with 4 LG HG2 batteries, however when comparing them to my 2 known authentic LG's I immediately noticed a difference. Authentic batteries are the 2 on the right.. Who can confirm the authenticity of these batteries and perhaps do some proper testing on them?

View attachment 91990 View attachment 91990 View attachment 91991 View attachment 91992
Which vendor? I bought 10 new LG's a few weeks back and they were all original. I'm interested who the vendor is, to avoid these bad bats getting into circulation.

Which vendor? I bought 10 new LG's a few weeks back and they were all original. I'm interested who the vendor is, to avoid these bad bats getting into circulation.
A new startup shop in Potch.. I have already made the owner aware of the issue.

A new startup shop in Potch.. I have already made the owner aware of the issue.
Great stuff. I think the issue is usually that good bats are mixed in the batch so vendors themselves are not always aware of the bats. Can't expect them to manually inspect each and every battery.

Great stuff. I think the issue is usually that good bats are mixed in the batch so vendors themselves are not always aware of the bats. Can't expect them to manually inspect each and every battery.
I do agree 100%, thus i will not publicly name the vendor and i have made him aware of the issue. Sad to say that i will not be buying from there again.

I do agree 100%, thus i will not publicly name the vendor and i have made him aware of the issue. Sad to say that i will not be buying from there again.
Thanks for not naming them.
The best approach is to contact directly and hopefully they will cease to sell the bats until they can confirm - which you did.
Now to see if the vendors acts ethically...
Most vendors here on the forum do.

Actually, I do expect them to inspect every single battery as the consequences can be dire.

Actually, I do expect them to inspect every single battery as the consequences can be dire.
Fair enough. Batteries can be inspected on sale etc.
I would inspect every single battery if I was a vendor but I recently got the chance to see what happens behind the scenes of a vape store and seeing the amount of boxes etc that need to opened, packed , loaded etc does make it quite the task to inspect a batch of batteries as they come in.

Inspection at some point is worthwhile and as you say a must.

Sooooo... are these fake HG2's still in circulation? Considering this thread is about a year old.

Sooooo... are these fake HG2's still in circulation? Considering this thread is about a year old.

It wasn't just one batch, it's an ongoing (some would say worsening) problem. At one point, a lot of people were avoiding the LG chocs and buying Samsung pinkies instead as those hadn't been counterfeited yet. Although I suspect the pinkies have also fallen victim to the counterfeiters by now. Caveat emptor and all that.

It's actually quite dof how the Chinese would fake a product that they already make... I mean just steal some originals and resell it, instead of rewrapped lower capacity and amp limits that could potentially harm other people, have they no consideration for human life? Likewise with vendors not verifying the authenticity of the batteries they sell. If I didn't know better and just accepted these batteries as authentic and they blew my face off, the vendor would have heard of my lawyers...

It's actually quite dof how the Chinese would fake a product that they already make... I mean just steal some originals and resell it, instead of rewrapped lower capacity and amp limits that could potentially harm other people, have they no consideration for human life? Likewise with vendors not verifying the authenticity of the batteries they sell. If I didn't know better and just accepted these batteries as authentic and they blew my face off, the vendor would have heard of my lawyers...

Chinese make knock-off eggs, yes those things that come out of a chicken quite easily and inexpensive. They make them with glue, resin and some cement like shit. people who counterfeit don't give a **** about whether you die or not, they want to make $1 off of a dime.

Both LG and Samsung are Korean brands. The thing with these counterfeits are that they are manufactured for much cheaper, and sold for around the same price as the authentics - maximum profits!

Both LG and Samsung are Korean brands. The thing with these counterfeits are that they are manufactured for much cheaper.

Extremely cheaper since most are just old surplus of other brands or outdated models, the production cost is basically whipping some slave to take off the wrap and rewrap.

Question, not sure if it was discussed, but these clones/counterfeits. Are they actually cells produced for the pure fact of being sold off as the orginals. Or are they cheap batteries bought for cents, and rewrapped for another couple of cents, and then sold for little bit more than a couple of rands?

No matter which it is, it is a PITA.

EDIT: @Feliks Karp answered while I was busy typing it seems

LG is not Chinese its Korean. The chinese will clone anything regardless if it comes from china or elsewhere. They care if it is "Hot Selling"

We're talking about people who put melamine into powdered milk products to fool regulatory testing into concluding that the milk meets minimum protein levels when it has been heavily diluted. Let's just say that business ethics and customer well-being aren't top of their priorities.

Back