Batteries Update

Thank you so much for all the trouble. A 10A Continuous Discharge Current is much better than the 4A the ECF source says.

Here is a translation of the article referred to. Some interesting reading (also the comments), inter alia, that these are in fact Panasonic ICR batteries (not IMR at all). Also here is a declaration by Efest wherein they state that the 3100 batt does have a CDC of only 10A and is only safe above 0.6 ohms.

Personally, I would not use these batteries below 0.8 ohms to feel relatively safe.

Aha! I knew something was up @ EFest HQ now that they are providing differentiation between PCD and CDC on their new Purple 26650s:

Regarding to the discharging current on batteries, we HAD MOST of the Collected customers' kind suggestions, started to describe Both continuous discharging current and pulse current discharging our batteries and we made ??it on our NEW PURPLE Efest IMR 26650 batteries, So all new batteries Will Both state of continuous discharging current and discharging current pulse from June, 2014

Oh well, better late than never I guess :cool:

Awesome sauce!

I've gone even lower to about .38ohms for a day of two. Also no problem.

I don't take long drags though, usually about 1 second.

I've gone even lower to about .38ohms for a day of two. Also no problem.

I don't take long drags though, usually about 1 second.
Good to know they can go that low. I don't see myslef going under .65

I'll probably go as low as .7/.75 on the mini. It's gonna be my special juice work horse :D

Living dangerously!:D

living-dangerously.jpg

Good to know they can go that low. I don't see myslef going under .65

I'll probably go as low as .7/.75 on the mini. It's gonna be my special juice work horse :D

you say that now, but wait :lipssealed:

you say that now, but wait :lipssealed:
I said I wouldn't get into mech mods, but look at me now :p

and I also said I was done with hardware after the first reo.

I think I shouldn't trust what I say :p

Lol. The top part should read: "I see you have coiled to 0.3 ohms and take 1 seconds drags with eyes closed."

Have not yet done a 0.3 ohms coil, but have been challenged by @Gazzacpt to vape Frenilla at that resistance. Just waiting for a atomizer to come available.

Lol. The top part should read: "I see you have coiled to 0.3 ohms and take 1 seconds drags with eyes closed."

Have not yet done a 0.3 ohms coil, but have been challenged by @Gazzacpt to vape Frenilla at that resistance. Just waiting for a atomizer to come available.

The lowest I've gone was using the atomic dual coil. Man this RDA is fantastic for flavour and Throat Hit. At 12mg juice, I can barely handle a 1 second drag.

The lowest I've gone was using the atomic dual coil. Man this RDA is fantastic for flavour and Throat Hit. At 12mg juice, I can barely handle a 1 second drag.
Then I shall have to get one from @JakesSA, if still available.

Done :D with a bit of a twist!

7uryvu5y.jpg

@johan, how difficult would it be to build a test and record rig for these batteries? I'd be happy to sacrifice a battery here and there to ensure they are safe and up to standard.

I don't have good digital measure AND record equipment but I was thinking of using an Arduino to record the battery voltage while .. remote .. firing a set ohm resistance. The Arduino has 10 bit ADC will that suffice?

EDIT: Specs on the ADC
"Reads the value from the specified analog pin. The Arduino board contains a 6 channel (8 channels on the Mini and Nano, 16 on the Mega), 10-bit analog to digital converter. This means that it will map input voltages between 0 and 5 volts into integer values between 0 and 1023. This yields a resolution between readings of: 5 volts / 1024 units or, .0049 volts (4.9 mV) per unit. The input range and resolution can be changed using analogReference().
It takes about 100 microseconds (0.0001 s) to read an analog input, so the maximum reading rate is about 10,000 times a second."

Strange thing about atomic is I get better flavour on a single coil build.

I was talking to @Alex about this today. If heat influences taste then a 0.8 Ohm single coil will not be the same as a 0.8 Ohm (total) dual coil since the heat is effectively divided between two coils... I think...

Of course this may be common knowledge to everyone except me ...

Ordered and paid. @JakesSA is also modding my Plume Veil to bottom fed. Excitement! Hope my Reo's threads are ok.
I'm so fascinated by the Plumeveil! And I really want one.

You have to let us know how it vapes once you've set it up. :D

I was talking to @Alex about this today. If heat influences taste then a 0.8 Ohm single coil will not be the same as a 0.8 Ohm (total) dual coil since the heat is effectively divided between two coils... I think...

Of course this may be common knowledge to everyone except me ...
Yes, with dual coil you need to go quite lower than your standard on single coils. But sure @Gazzacpt knows this, he plays on the pitch black side - and cannot go below 0.0 on his dual coils:D.

I suppose it can depend on the type of coil, I prefer my coils with, 1.4mm ID, 6 or 7 wraps with rayon. Flavour is easily on par with the rm2 for me, maybe even better.

The single coil is also good though. But the slightly larger chamber seems better suited for duals. Oh, and I only use the smallest air holes. They are the biggest influence with regards the flavour for me.

I suppose it can depend on the type of coil, I prefer my coils with, 1.4mm ID, 6 or 7 wraps with rayon. Flavour is easily on par with the rm2 for me, maybe even better.

The single coil is also good though. But the slightly larger chamber seems better suited for duals. Oh, and I only use the smallest air holes. They are the biggest influence with regards the flavour for me.
If I used the smallest airhole I would plobably die. The second largest one is just right for my builds any smaller theres to little airflow and my throat would be scorched. Bigger and flavour disappears a bit.

Back