Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
Having had my green VTC4 and VT5 batteries for a while now I thought I would do some non-technical feedback... I don't know if it's my imagination or a perception but I prefer my Purple eFest IMR 2500mAh and 3100mAh to the VTC's... they seem to last longer and charge quicker... I also prefer the button top batteries (I guess because they work better in the older REO's).

Also my Fake red AW's have performed marvellously!

I was expecting big things from the Sony VTC's and have to say I have been disappointed. I would be really interested to hear from the technical boffins on this issue.

Having had my green VTC4 and VT5 batteries for a while now I thought I would do some non-technical feedback... I don't know if it's my imagination or a perception but I prefer my Purple eFest IMR 2500mAh and 3100mAh to the VTC's... they seem to last longer and charge quicker... I also prefer the button top batteries (I guess because they work better in the older REO's).

Also my Fake red AW's have performed marvellously!

I was expecting big things from the Sony VTC's and have to say I have been disappointed. I would be really interested to hear from the technical boffins on this issue.

The VTC's only excel at serious sub-ohm coils as their discharge amp rates are many times higher than the other batteries. For useable vape duration at standard ohm resistances, the 3100mAh batteries will give longer vape time.

The VTC's only excel at serious sub-ohm coils as their discharge amp rates are many times higher than the other batteries. For useable vape duration at standard ohm resistances, the 3100mAh batteries will give longer vape time.

Awesome! Thanks Ω @johan! So it wasn't my imagination! Phew! Purple eFests are for me then! Thank you!

In all fairness that's untrue. The discharge rates are around the same. I just think there are just more fake VTCs around as they are branded so badly

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

If we talk authentic, and you submit the batteries to the same load, ie. 1.2Ω, then you will need to recharge the VTC's far more often than the 3100mAh Efest's. If you submit them to the same aub-ohm load, ie 0.12Ω, then the VTC's will be able to handle the required current (35A), without compromise. I don't think the Efest's will last that long before you have to chuck them away, but that's just my opinion.

In all fairness that's untrue. The discharge rates are around the same. I just think there are just more fake VTCs around as they are branded so badly

look I have been doing lots of google-fu and watching lots vids. Almost every serious sub ohmer and modder recommends Sony VTC 4/5 because they hold up better than anything else. Also there are some graphs showing discharge under load and Sony kicks efests butt. Rip did a build at 0.09ohms and used a VTC5 to fire it. So for me anything on the darkside of 0.4 I use Sony.

I totally agree, the VTCs are far better for heavy duty. As I have posted numerous times on this forum, the continuous discharge rate on the purple Efest 18650 2500 mAh 35 A is actually 20A - the claimed 35A is the surge or spiking discharge rate.

@Andre, thanks for reminding that the purple Efest 35A is actually a 20A continuous.

But what about the purple Efest 3100mah 20A?

Take a look at this thread on ECF.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...87759-purple-efest-18650-battery-warning.html
Quite disturbing to say the least.

What they're basically saying is that this batt has nowhere near the 20A limit.

Not sure how much of this is true - one never really knows.

I have this 3100 mah battery
It works well for me in my REO at 1.2 ohms and gives great life and good power....

But it would be nice if all these battery manufacturers would stick to a common set of standards for marketing the specs...

Still incorrect. Please look at this older generation efest purple series is a rebranded vtc4 http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...508124-new-efest-18650-2500mah-35-amp-10.html

The 2100mah are VTC4's, the 2500mah are LG cells rated at 20A continuous discharge and the 3100mah are panasonic cells rated at 6.6A continuous. All this info I got from the link you posted above. So the ones to get are the 2100mah. Or just get VTC5's. Efest looks like they going backwards.

Still incorrect. Please look at this older generation efest purple series is a rebranded vtc4 http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...508124-new-efest-18650-2500mah-35-amp-10.html

If you read the page you linked, you will find:
  1. The purple Efest 2100 is a rewrapped VTC4 - good news as it really have a continuous discharge rating of 30A as stated on the Efest, but low mAH.
  2. The purple Efest 25oo is a rewrapped LG 18650HE2 - bad news as the continuous discharge rating of this is but 20A and not the 35A as stated on the Efest battery. That 35A refers to surge discharge rating and is misleading imo.
The page that @Silver above links, says:
  1. The purple Efest 3100 is a rewrapped Panasonic NCR18650BE - extremely bad news as this battery has a continuous discharge rating of only 4A.

The 2100mah are VTC4's, the 2500mah are LG cells rated at 20A continuous discharge and the 3100mah are panasonic cells rated at 6.6A continuous. All this info I got from the link you posted above. So the ones to get are the 2100mah. Or just get VTC5's. Efest looks like they going backwards.
The 6.4A is the surge rating, the continuous rating is only 4A.

1. The purple Efest 2100 is a rewrapped VTC4 - good news as it really have a continuous discharge rating of 30A as stated on the Efest, but low mAH.
  2. The purple Efest 25oo is a rewrapped LG 18650HE2 - bad news as the continuous discharge rating of this is but 20A and not the 35A as stated on the Efest battery. That 35A refers to surge discharge rating and is misleading imo.
  1. The purple Efest 3100 is a rewrapped Panasonic NCR18650BE - extremely bad news as this battery has a continuous discharge rating of only 4A.

Thanks for the summary @Andre.
Super.
The more knowledge we have the better.

So let us assume that the 3100 mah batt has an amp limit of only 4A,
then the minimum ohms is in the region of 1 ohm. And if you want to build in a safety margin, youd need higher ohms than that.
What this means is that the batt should prob not be used in mechs and more for regulated devices.

I have this batt and only use it in my 1.2 ohm Reo. Works very well. Definitely has more battery life than my other 18650s. So I am happy from a usability point of view.

But i do think we need to keep an eye out for this to find out more about this popular battery.
@Gizmo, perhaps you can check with Efest what they say about it? Particularly the continuous amp limit.

Thanks for the summary @Andre.
Super.
The more knowledge we have the better.

So let us assume that the 3100 mah batt has an amp limit of only 4A,
then the minimum ohms is in the region of 1 ohm. And if you want to build in a safety margin, youd need higher ohms than that.
What this means is that the batt should prob not be used in mechs and more for regulated devices.

I have this batt and only use it in my 1.2 ohm Reo. Works very well. Definitely has more battery life than my other 18650s. So I am happy from a usability point of view.

But i do think we need to keep an eye out for this to find out more about this popular battery.
@Gizmo, perhaps you can check with Efest what they say about it? Particularly the continuous amp limit.

Reading all this, I'm glad I just went and bought the vtc4 instead of going for the efest batteries.

This is really unexpected news about the Efests... Something I would of liked to of known before hand. Thanks for the info guys.

This is really unexpected news about the Efests... Something I would of liked to of known before hand. Thanks for the info guys.
Totally agree, a lot of Efest 3100s and a heap of wasted money from my side.

wow,suppose that answers my efest vs vtc5 question...
talk about murphy's law,the efest 2500 35a and 3100 20a are all i have

I'm faaaaaar to silly to understand all the code you guys are writing. So I have a simple question....

I'm about to buy a 26650 mod. Is the Efest "64amp" going to blow up in my face?

Has anyone checked on here if our batteries are the same as the example? I don't know, maybe it's worth a look see....?

I'm faaaaaar to silly to understand all the code you guys are writing. So I have a simple question....

Not likely Nick - Those Efest batteries are rated at 32Amp continuous power delivery (With 64Amp only being the peak rate, which for all intents and purposes, does not mean much)

32Amp continuous power delivery is 2Amps more than what you would get from a Sony VTC 5

Have a look here for the spec sheet: http://efestpower.com/Product/123409115.html (EFest must have noticed people complaining as they now break down battery detail to distinguish between Maximum Pulse Discharging Current and Maximum Discharging Current)

I wish Sony made 18500 batteries. No clue what to buy for the mini when it arrives!

Hey Nick, just to be on the safe side - always confirm that your build is below that 32Amp limit (Use this link to easily calculate Amp draw you are likely to expererience: http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/ohms-law-calculator.htm)

I would suggest leaving about 5Amps of room (so a build that draws a maximum of 27Amps) on those specific EFest batteries - quickly calculated you should be in the clear down to about 0.16 Ohms (which is way lower than I usually care to go anyway)

Be safe always rather than sorry

Hey Nick, just to be on the safe side - always confirm that your build is below that 32Amp limit (Use this link to easily calculate Amp draw you are likely to expererience: http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/ohms-law-calculator.htm)

I would suggest leaving about 5Amps of room (so a build that draws a maximum of 27Amps) on those specific EFest batteries - quickly calculated you should be in the clear down to about 0.16 Ohms (which is way lower than I usually care to go anyway)

Be safe always rather than sorry

Hell, that's low. I was thinking of .5 - .6 builds.

Back