Batteries Update

I thought I'd say something here in defence and maybe solidarity with @Chop007

Most of us (vendors) are small businesses that we built up from nothing with blood sweat and tears (lots and lots of tears) so it is kind of an occupational hazard that if something even mildly negative is said about our products, that we feel that it is a personal attack.

Especially if we went through great lengths and huge personal sacrifice to get the product to you guys. The business is our children and the products our grand-kids and if you diss my offspring it IS going to get my guard up. (Justified or not)

Adding fuel to the flames is when we have to find out via a third party (the forum) when someone is unhappy with one of our kids :)

So @Chop007 - good on you for apologizing, but I just wanted to say that I do understand and many many times have I hit the backspace key on this forum at the last minute :)

To the rest of you guys - when you have an issue, concern or complaint about a product, you are free to tell whomever you want and post on any forum you desire, but you are going to get way better results if you just contact the vendor first. I doubt there is a vendor in here that would not happily swap out a product that you are even mildly dissatisfied with.

Apology graciously accepted @Chop007! I know how heated discussions can be on the forums sometimes and how we try to remain loyal to our businesses and products. I think where there is passion there is always bound to be the odd small flame war... and passion is what it's all about. :rock:
Thank you so much Rob I truly appreciate it. I think I may be loosing my marbles. Time to go do a bit of fishing, catch a surf. Sorry about everything I never meant to hurt you nor be such an $SS.

Thank you so much Rob I truly appreciate it. I think I may be loosing my marbles. Time to go do a bit of fishing, catch a surf. Sorry about everything I never meant to hurt you nor be such an $SS.

I so get it @Chop007! It's all in the past... I actually love your passion because without passion we have zero! Passion rocks! :rock:

@Derick I so get it on the building a business... I have been there, done that, and got that T-Shirt three times!

Now just for a second go back and see how long I have been asking about the issue I was having with the batteries... this issue was not out of the blue. And just for the record... this forum aint third party... this is the first party... this is where the sales begin, grow and where feedback happens.

And I get the personal nature of a small business and the passion that goes with it. That's why @Chop007 and I will have a beer and chat about good times and laugh about this because I love his passion for the business... lessons learnt from all sides here.

@Derick I so get it on the building a business... I have been there, done that, and got that T-Shirt three times!

Now just for a second go back and see how long I have been asking about the issue I was having with the batteries... this issue was not out of the blue. And just for the record... this forum aint third party... this is the first party... this is where the sales begin, grow and where feedback happens.

And I get the personal nature of a small business and the passion that goes with it. That's why @Chop007 and I will have a beer and chat about good times and laugh about this because I love his passion for the business... lessons learnt from all sides here.
Passion is wonderful and can make you to awful things :)

I guess, for me the forum feels third party because the transaction was between me and a customer, not between me and the forum, but I do agree, the forum plays an important role as do any other customer contact.

I thought I'd say something here in defence and maybe solidarity with @Chop007

Most of us (vendors) are small businesses that we built up from nothing with blood sweat and tears (lots and lots of tears) so it is kind of an occupational hazard that if something even mildly negative is said about our products, that we feel that it is a personal attack.

Especially if we went through great lengths and huge personal sacrifice to get the product to you guys. The business is our children and the products our grand-kids and if you diss my offspring it IS going to get my guard up. (Justified or not)

Adding fuel to the flames is when we have to find out via a third party (the forum) when someone is unhappy with one of our kids :)

So @Chop007 - good on you for apologizing, but I just wanted to say that I do understand and many many times have I hit the backspace key on this forum at the last minute :)

To the rest of you guys - when you have an issue, concern or complaint about a product, you are free to tell whomever you want and post on any forum you desire, but you are going to get way better results if you just contact the vendor first. I doubt there is a vendor in here that would not happily swap out a product that you are even mildly dissatisfied with.

I can relate to this one!

Well said @Derick and @Chop007 for apologising :D

Now who's got the kitten group hug pic to post?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not sure if that's a group hug or group......:eek:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Back