Best E-cig Under R1000

Some spare coils and some good juice. Also you need a backup. And then a backup for the backup. Oh and then a mech and a dripper for at home. Oh ja and some more spare batteries. Oh and did I mention quality juice? Just wait and see .......

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk
Funny but so true. Lol

I want to purchase what rob has suggested the kangertech mini protank 2 with the ego twist 1100mah battery, as that would be easy to carry around and not too big, what else should I purchase with that?

In the immediate I would say since you only have one battery, purchase a second charger. IF you are on the road alot then a car charger would be best, else a spare mini charger so that you leave one charger at home for overnight charges and one at place of work or study for emergencies if your battery runs dry.

Throwing in a 650mah ego wouldnt be a bad idea as a emergency battery imo.

Coils are a must and so is good juice

Some of these tips are excellent I must say. I bought an iTaste VV/VW V3 from @Oupa who is the reseller for eciggies.co.za and also a maxi BDCC tank that has a bottom coil. I am extremely happy with it and the vapor production. This will however only set you back +-R450,00. Leaving plenty for some extra's.

Seems like the Kanger Tech Pro Tank 2 Mini with eGo-C Twist 1100mah battery is out of stock everywhere I look:( anyone know where I could get this combo?

I can set you up a kit if you really want one of ours, we make up the kits ourselves so if you want the kit I can do it

when it comes to tanks, man the Pro Tank mini 2 (Version 2) is the shizniz man. The flavour on that thing is damn awesome on an ego battery.

I think I will be able to run just one battery for a month or so as after that I would consider buy another as I am not a heavy analog smoker at most 8 a day, I'm sure I'll be able to vape effieciently. On average how long does a 1100mah battery take to charge and how long could it last?

On average how long does a 1100mah battery take to charge and how long could it last?

I just charge mine overnight so I'm not sure... but Two of them will last me a day and I'm very heavy on batteries.

I think I will be able to run just one battery for a month or so as after that I would consider buy another as I am not a heavy analog smoker at most 8 a day, I'm sure I'll be able to vape effieciently. On average how long does a 1100mah battery take to charge and how long could it last?

I was a 3 a day analogue smoker and I blew through a 650mah in 2 days

in theory 1100mah will last you 11hrs of the button being pressed continuously.

I would vape my 1300mah over 5 days with a PT2miniV2. But I used my 650mah during the day while at work and my 1300mah in the evenings while at home. Time spend in the evenings vaping was about 5-6hrs an evening however I was not chain vaping but going through a tank a night easily

Some of these tips are excellent I must say. I bought an iTaste VV/VW V3 from @Oupa who is the reseller for eciggies.co.za and also a maxi BDCC tank that has a bottom coil. I am extremely happy with it and the vapor production. This will however only set you back +-R450,00. Leaving plenty for some extra's.
How many MaH on the V3?

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

Nope unless you go SVD, but that has removable batteries then you can pick your own mAh

Do you get a bigger one?

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2
The SLB EGO-V V3 MEGA is 1300 mAh, but do not think anyone local has that in stock. Yip, SVD is next if you are looking for the same functionalities.

Hi @GetLucky777 , not sure if youve ordered your kit already? Ive got the Twisp and have moved on to several other devices, many of which have been recommended above. Here are my comments on your requirements:

- leaky twisp - this seems to come from condensation in the mouthpiece. The mouthpiece itself does NOT have a rubber seal or o-ring on it, which is why the condensed drops leak out, especially when the unit is lying on its side. Most of the recommendations made should not leak. I have the Protank 2 mini version 2 and i have a plastic mouthpiece on it that has the rubber seal. No leaking from there. It doesnt leak anywhere else either.

- more battery life - twisp is 650 mah. So any battery with a higher rating than this should in theory give you more battery life, all else equal. It does depend on the coil in the unit though. The resistanc of my Twisp coils was about 2 ohms when i measured them. I have had huge success with the Vision Spinner variable voltage battery. I like it a lot. But most of the recommendations made above will work well. I also have the MVP 2 and am impressed with its battery life. But that is a box shape, you may not like the shape.

- Throat hit - i also wanted "something more" while on twisp. At the time, I couldnt really figure out what that was. But i now know at least for me, it has a lot to do with throat hit. The PT2 mini and other options for tanks recommended to you above are a step up in my opinion from twisp from a throat hit point of view, but for me, not much of a step up. Its only until i started testing a dripper at much higher power more recently did i discover what was possible in terms of throat hit. And i am a throat hit and flavour person. Since trying my dripper i have to say that using my PT2 mini seems very mild and mellow. Fine for chain vaping while say working at the computer but not enough for me when im in need of a "proper fix". Each to his own though so my experiences may be totally different to yours.

I think a PT2 mini with a good twist battery will be a fantastic step up for you from the Twisp.

I would like to reiterate the importance others mentioned about the juices though. You need to experiment to find the juices you like. Vapour Mountain is fantastic. But try others too. You will need a good budget for this. Try order samples where you can and dont go overboard. Try as many brands as possible. But as little as possible from each brand to see if you like that brand before buying more from it.

Best of luck, let us know what you decided on and how it went

Last edited:
So to sum it up, for your preferences, ego twist 1100mah, or vision spinner 1100mah. This way you get variable voltage, to adjust your vapour, throat hit and flavour. Kanger mini protank II, 5 spare protank coils (One coil lasts me around 2-3 weeks), 2 USB ego chargers. Good juice around 12mg - 18mg if your moving from analogues. You will be able to cut it down to 6mg - 10mg in no time. Happy vaping!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

So to sum it up, for your preferences, ego twist 1100mah, or vision spinner 1100mah. This way you get variable voltage, to adjust your vapour, throat hit and flavour. Kanger mini protank II, 5 spare protank coils (One coil lasts me around 2-3 weeks), 2 USB ego chargers. Good juice around 12mg - 18mg if your moving from analogues. You will be able to cut it down to 6mg - 10mg in no time. Happy vaping!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Good summary, @SunRam, but I think the normal (not wooden ones) Vision Spinners are 1300 mAh.

@GetLucky777 : If you haven't decided yet, here's my opinion as a new vaper. I spent a fair amount of time reading up on this, pricing different options, etc, and decided on a KangerTech EVOD starter kit from these guys (https://eciggies.co.za/eCiggies_EVOD_SILVER) for ~R700, but there are many places to get this.

The kit comes with everything you'll need to start out, and you can add to it with bigger tanks, VV batteries and the like when you want to. The unit is about the same size as a Twisp, but doesn't leak, has a bottom coil and the components are much cheaper. The standard 650mAh battery lasts longer than a tank of fluid and takes less than 2 hours to recharge. I am very satisfied with mine as it is good quality and works flawlessly, although I have already added a VV battery and have a ProTank Mini II on the way.

God luck with your decision, but whatever it is you can't go wrong - anything that will get you off the 'stinkies' is a good choice in my mind!

@Stroodlepuff could I please have your contact email address as I am interested in purchasing the Vape King Pro starter Kit from you guys :)

Back