Blends of Distinction - Dark Chocolate Query

StevenToast

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys!

I picked up a delicious bottle of Blends of Distinction's, the Dark Chocolate the other day, as well as my first bottle of Creamy Lemon Biscuits. These flavours are absolutely great!

A question though, for anyone who might have some experience with the Dark Chocolate, is that I am now on my fourth tank of it (been diluting it from 6mg to about 3mg using B.P. glycerin), and I've noticed if I take a fairly longer pull of about more than two seconds, it's starting to yeild a more nutty flavour almost reminiscent of burning caramel popcorn, which is not a part of the flavour that I am enjoying.

This is in my crius tank, on a 5 wrap 24 guage kanthal build. I've noticed the ramp up time on this coil is quite lightning fast, and its sitting at .22, which seems to be forcing me to vape at lower wattages (under 35 watts). Could this be the reason for the popcorn discrepancy? Or could it just be that the juice is gunking up the coils quicker than other clearer juices?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight.

You're mixing it about half half with VG and VG has it's own distinct flavour. That and if it is a recent mix the flavour should be pretty muted at that mix ratio. Best is to drop the mixed juice in a bottle of warm water to thin down the vg, give it one hellofa good shake, open bottle to breathe for about half an hour then stick in a cupboard for a week and then try it again. Flavour of the juice needs time to bond with the glycerine molecules

And VG does not retain flavour as well as PG. I tend to dilute with PG, or at least a mix of PG and VG.

@StevenToast
Prior to the launch of the blend we did extensive testing with regards to coil clogging given the fact that the juice was dark.
In all this testing we did not find abnormal coil clogging and flavor burning
Reading your comments it is also difficult to comment when our blend has been altered by the adding of additional VG
The standard ratio of the blend is 60/40 VG. As we don't know exactly how much VG has been added % wise we have no way of knowing what your current ratio would now be.

Running a coil at high wattages with a higher ratio of VG concentrate would also require a wick that has been adapted accordingly to cater for the thicker viscosity of the liquid and the fact that it takes longer to wick the coil.

If you would like to lower your nicotine level from 6mg to 3mg then please feel free to contact us and we would be more than willing to send you a 3mg bottle

Or sample devices all run crius tanks and we have found that wicking in these tanks needs to be very precise when it comes to how much wick is placed in the juice holes especially when running higher VG/PG ratios

Last edited:
Back