BONZA V1.5 RDA - Vandyvape

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the BONZA V1.5 RDA from Vandyvape. The BONZA V1.5 RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ariel from Vandyvape.

http://www.vandyvape.com/atomizer/rda/at...-v1.5-rda/

Introduction

It's coming into the season of peace and good will but in the vaping world it seems to of come into the season of V1.5's as their has been a good few released in recent times and here we have the second V1.5 i have reviewed from Vandyvape in quick succession the Bonza V1.5 RDA, a collaboration between Vandyvape and The Vaping Bogan . I haven't used the original so this isn't a comparison review other than being able to point out the differences from the information out there like the V1.5 has larger post holes, screws and clamp plates. It has a raised squonk pin, deeper juice well and locking top-cap and the biggest upgrade seems to be of the airflow adjustment having a much more extensive stepped design giving more options. So let's crack on and give the Bonza V1.5 RDA a look, build and vape!

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Bonza V1.5 RDA
Spare o-rings
510 adaptor
Spare post screws and clamps
BF pin
Allen key
Screwdriver
1 x User Manual
1 x 18mm Delrin tip

Aesthetics

The Bonza V1.5 RDA came in small cardboard box packaging with viewing window so the RDA is on view before opening the packaging. I received the Matte Black version, it's also available in Stainless Steel, Gun Metal, Rainbow and Copper Wrinkle Painted Black, all versions come with a wide bore 810 resin drip tip installed. Going by comments made on some of my reviews most people seem to like plain looking RDA's and with the logo being carved rather than printed i think aesthetically this will appeal to many although personally i prefer the Copper Wrinkle Painted Black which i think looks the business. Mine has a rather nice Red resin 810 drip tip up top and the top which is your inner sleeve for airflow adjustment has a slight knurling design which is understated and pleasing to the eye. The main sleeve has airflow holes either side, each side has 3 rows of 5 holes so 15 holes each side in total. As mentioned the front of the RDA has the skull and crossbones loge carved into the metal so again unless you get the Copper Wrinkle Painted Black version it's not in your face. The base has etched safety stamps and branding, the 510 is Gold plated and hybrid safe (it comes pre-installed with a standard 510 a BF pin is included). Aesthetically i like the look and build quality and finish seems very good.

Bonza V1.5 RDA Specs and Features:

Diameter: 24mm
Length: 25.5mm
2ML E Juice Capacity
9MM Deep Juice Well
Raised Squonk Pin Include
Top Cap Locking System
Dual AFC Options Bring Smooth Airflow
Enlarged Posts, Screws And Plates
Thread: 510
Colours: Matte Black, Stainless Steel, Gun Metal, Rainbow, Copper Wrinkle Painted Black

No Coils?

This isn't anything against the Bonza V1.5 RDA as an RDA and i accept that the majority of vapers that buy this will have a number of RDA's or/and RTA's so will have plenty of wire and/or pre wound coils, in fact most people if coils are provided will probably toss them in their build box and do a favourite build. That doesn't change the fact that in my opinion manufacturers should take into account any RDA or RTA could be someones first step into rebuildables so should provide coils and cotton, after all these products aren't cheap so there is no need for penny pinching on the included accessories. What is included with the RDA is spare o-rings, spare post screws, spare clamps, BF pin, 510 drip tip adaptor, delrin 810, allen key and a screwdriver.

The Airflow

On the outer sleeve we have 3 rows of 5 holes each side (15 holes per side), the sleeve locks onto the deck but is given a bit of play by allowing it to run on a small track, this means if choosing different amount of columns open as your airflow you can centre the open columns to the coils. The inner sleeve has extensive stepping and this is turned at the top to adjust the airflow, the stepping allows for a lot of configurations. You can have one column of 3 holes each side open, 2 columns, 3 columns, 4 columns or 5 columns, if you keep turning you also can shut each row down one at a time so you can have all 3 rows open, 2 rows, 1 row or complete rows plus a part row open.

The Build Deck and Build

The build deck is very easy to work with and has the posts across the centre of the deck. The posts are raised quite high above the 9mm juice well and each post has a large post hole and to the inner side and lower a clamp so no need to share post holes but if you are using small coils theirs nothing stopping you sharing the clamps and leaving the post holes redundant. The post holes are a nice big size and the clamps lower down to a shelf and have a textured surface for grip so your coil leads aren't going to pop out while fixing. I found doing the coils one at a time the easiest just put your lower leg in the clamp one side and your higher leg in the post hole the other, screw down, snip the access of the legs and then repeat with the other coil using the opposite post hole and clamp. Once both coils are tightened down just use a coiling rod or fit for purpose utensil to manipulate your coils to the position you want them. I found wicking very straight forward, i left the ends quite long and fluffed out but didn't thin out as the RDA has a very nice deep well. I normally would use with the BF pin but as the RDA came with the standard pin installed that's how i decided to use it.

My Experience Using The Bonza V1.5

Like i stated in the introduction this is not a comparison review as i have not used the original so i am reviewing the V1.5 on it's own merits. The build and wick was easy and the build i did came out at 0.25ohm. I tried all sorts of airflow configurations but settled for the bottom 2 rows open that gave me the restricted lung hit i like, as expected from an airflow design comprising of a series of holes rather than an open slot the airflow is very smooth and the Bonza gives very good flavour. As a dripper i had no issues and see no reason why the RDA won't work well using the BF pin. When i first got the RDA the inner sleeve wouldn't turn due to the o-ring being too dry so when you first get it push with your finger up inside the sleeve so the inner sleeve comes away from the outer then lubricate the o-ring with a bit of e-juice. If while using you feel the airflow adjustment movement is getting stiff just re-lubricate, apart from that and not receiving coils and cotton i really have nothing but pros.

Very nice looking (in my opinion)
very good build quality
Loads of airflow options
Locking sleeve with play to allow lining up with coil
Very easy to build and wick
Deep juice well
Good sized screws and clamps
Grip surface and shelf for clamps
Nice Resin drip tip
510 adaptor
Very Good flavour
Smooth airflow
No leaking issues

Cons

When o-ring gets dry inner sleeve seizes up
No coils or cotton included

I would once again like to thank Ariel from Vandyvape for supplying the Bonza V1.5 RDA for the purpose of this review.

http://www.vandyvape.com/atomizer/rda/at...-v1.5-rda/

Back