Budget 2020 - "Electronic cigarettes, also known as vapes, will be taxed from 2021"

Graeme

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
What exactly are they going to tax?

Obviously e-liquids will be the most obvious target but how will it effect hardware, DIY liquids or wire for coil building? Will it apply to 'ready to use' kits or will it extend to mods, atomizers, coils and batteries?

Let's say they decide to apply the tax to 'atomizer' ...

The definition of an atomizer is “a device for emitting water, perfume, or other liquids as a fine spray.” In vape terms, the word refers to the coil of any vape tank, the part that is responsible for vaporizing e-liquid"

By the above definition, the coil is the 'atomizer' not the tank, so tanks would not be taxed but coils would be.

How will they define a 'mod'? A device that provides an electric current to vaporize a liquid ... my kettle does that when it boils

What exactly are they going to tax?

Obviously e-liquids will be the most obvious target but how will it effect hardware, DIY liquids or wire for coil building? Will it apply to 'ready to use' kits or will it extend to mods, atomizers, coils and batteries?

Let's say they decide to apply the tax to 'atomizer' ...

The definition of an atomizer is “a device for emitting water, perfume, or other liquids as a fine spray.” In vape terms, the word refers to the coil of any vape tank, the part that is responsible for vaporizing e-liquid"

By the above definition, the coil is the 'atomizer' not the tank, so tanks would not be taxed but coils would be.

How will they define a 'mod'? A device that provides an electric current to vaporize a liquid ... my kettle does that when it boils
Probably the same ignorant rules that apply to hardware that doesn't contain nicotine, but has to have a nicotine warning.

Well there is a bright side if they are gonna tax vape that means they are not gonna ban vaping whitch is great. Who likes tax it stinks but atleast we can vape at the end of the day lol. I know what everyone is getting for christmas. New gear before 2021.

Back