Builds for Coil Master Medal

I repeat the rules of engagement for this thread as set out in the first post:

If you want your build to be considered for the Coil Master Medal by the Ecigssa Awards Team, please:
  1. Post clear and close up pictures of your coil(s) only and your coil(s) as wicked in this thread. Any other pictures are welcome.
  2. Please confirm that you have not used a prebuilt coil.
  3. If you did not use normal wire, please confirm that you have made the wire yourself (e.g. hive, clapton, twisted, etcetera).
  4. Provide as much information as possible - type of wire, gauge, wraps, ID, resistance, how was the vape, etcetera.
Have patience. The members of the Awards Team have day jobs too.

Do not expect the medal at first try or at all. The Awards Team will not indicate if you have not been awarded and will not enter into any discussion in this regard. All awards are announced in the Announcements forum.

Okay, so I also want to get in on the action here.
Currently running this:
View attachment 55323

Dual fused clapton. Bought the clapton but made the coils myself (making clapton? Ain't nobody got time for that...)
5 wraps, 2.4mm ID, coming in at 0.28ohm (as read by the Sig 213). Firing it @ 88W. Stunning cloud, stunning flavour (having some DIY aqua berry). Built on the Avo, so no wonder everything is awesome...

Here are some older pics:
View attachment 55324 View attachment 55325

Stainless Steel 316L 24gauge Dual Parallel boys (done all by my lonesome self) on the Velocity. It was a while ago, but I think it was 8 or 9 wraps with either a 3mm or 3.2mm ID. Comes in @ 0.21ohm on the Cuboid, firing it @ 100W.

View attachment 55326

Previous build on the Avo. (in the days prior to uncle @Spydro's advise about wicking the Avo better...). Dual Twisted SS 316L coils (done all by my lonesome self, the twisting as well), once again, either 3 or 3.2mm ID, 7 wraps and can't for the life of me remember the resistance, but it would've been low as it was 24AWG stainless steel...

Adios muchachos!! :cool:

It should be very clear that these are not "OH WOW, THIS GUY IS A GENIUS" coils or pics. I'm just driving home the point, this thread is for any and every coil you try to make IMO. I hope my "amazing skills" will give confidence to others that don't have flashy builds to post them on here too.

I repeat the rules of engagement for this thread as set out in the first post:

If you want your build to be considered for the Coil Master Medal by the Ecigssa Awards Team, please:
  1. Post clear and close up pictures of your coil(s) only and your coil(s) as wicked in this thread. Any other pictures are welcome.
  2. Please confirm that you have not used a prebuilt coil.
  3. If you did not use normal wire, please confirm that you have made the wire yourself (e.g. hive, clapton, twisted, etcetera).
  4. Provide as much information as possible - type of wire, gauge, wraps, ID, resistance, how was the vape, etcetera.
Have patience. The members of the Awards Team have day jobs too.

Do not expect the medal at first try or at all. The Awards Team will not indicate if you have not been awarded and will not enter into any discussion in this regard. All awards are announced in the Announcements forum.

Oh crap, forgot about the pics before they're wicked. My sincerest apologies bud, the next pics will be in line with the rules.

I love the coils @theyettie, keep 'em coming. In a few months I want to go back to page 1 of this thread and read through till the end.
It will make captivating reading seeing how far we have come from just the simple stuff to the more complex hand made fused claptons (I can dream cant I?).

I love the coils @theyettie, keep 'em coming. In a few months I want to go back to page 1 of this thread and read through till the end.
It will make captivating reading seeing how far we have come from just the simple stuff to the more complex hand made fused claptons (I can dream cant I?).

I concur bud, good dream, I'll be joining you. Everyone that posts here obviously checks out the other builds, so invariably we will start attempting more hectic and complex builds. You will be able to track the evolution of each member from "kak/average" (where I see myself at this stage, hahaha) to master.

Case in point: I've never given any thought to the idea of making clapton/fused clapton, but you oaks have got me interested in this now.

@Andre this might turn out to be a very, very revolutionary thread.

I concur bud, good dream, I'll be joining you. Everyone that posts here obviously checks out the other builds, so invariably we will start attempting more hectic and complex builds. You will be able to track the evolution of each member from "kak/average" (where I see myself at this stage, hahaha) to master.

Case in point: I've never given any thought to the idea of making clapton/fused clapton, but you oaks have got me interested in this now.

@Andre this might turn out to be a very, very revolutionary thread.
I so wish Tapatalk still had the like button so I could click it!
Before this thread I wanted to buy a reel of Fused Clapton wire, now, I want to make it myself. All thanks to this thread!

This thread, is revolutionary, with 2% Menthol!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Vaping community are very close ready to help, ready to pif, etc kind of people. IMO nobody should be shot down for their attempts.....
Be it in coiling, wicking, juices or setups. So all parties concerned should just take a chill pill and enjoying vaping which ever way your coil is built who cares long as you off stinkies.....Just my 2 cents
Well said, by the guy that got me coiling and wicking! I had so much money before I found vaping wtf lol

Let's try again:
Dual fused clapton (bought it myself :--P)
5 wraps,2.4mm ID,comes in @0.26ohm. Firing it at 89W
Beautiful. All the picks I could think of.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Yas sus bra, Dem clouds!
And that mod can only be described as Sexy

Hahaha,thanks. The 213 rocks!!! Hard!!! I love it soo much.

Hahaha,thanks. The 213 rocks!!! Hard!!! I love it soo much.
Man it is a gorgeous mod. I was so hard pressed between it and the Smok H-Priv. I pulled the trigger on the Smok but everytime I see one of the beautiful Sigele 213 mods I question my decision.
You made the right decision getting the 213!

I am by no means a coil master but decided to participate here , as I'll probably get some good critique for my efforts. Decided to venture into drippers and started with a practice build :

RDA : GeekVape Tsunami
Wire : GeekVape Clapton wire Kanthal A1 26+32 ga
Inner diameter : 3ml
Number of wraps : 7
Total resistance : 0.5ohms
Fire wattage : 50w
Mod : RX200
Wick : Cotton Bacon V2
Juice : NCV Trinity 3mg

Conclusion : Awesome , I finally see the hype of dripping. Great flavour , big clouds , and epic airflow. Next step will be a lower resistance build to switch the Tsunami onto my limitless mech mod :)

Pics :

6ee3fa8b00905c19eba017cae7b00d71.jpg

de5183318a2d0e12495a7749d717d968.jpg

8c8b320421ae2511c94ab095655dbd64.jpg

ea025307338d18a187d53301e31a791c.jpg

b31ae72d937086c4332a76378d368d76.jpg

f4ba635b8afea15e5f5d546cc398d3cd.jpg

9ad9d7afc466873b856042121e0e60ad.jpg

Nice and clean @brotiform, geez that Tsunami has tons of room in there to build!

Thanks @Greyz , yeah , I am no longer gonna be selling it after trying it out. Very rewarding to build and wick a new tank for the first time and have it work first time :)

Nice and clean @brotiform, geez that Tsunami has tons of room in there to build!

Yes, and that's only the normal Tsunami. I have the Tsunami 24 incoming and can't wait to get building on that thing.

I am by no means a coil master but decided to participate here , as I'll probably get some good critique for my efforts. Decided to venture into drippers and started with a practice build :

Conclusion : Awesome , I finally see the hype of dripping. Great flavour , big clouds , and epic airflow. Next step will be a lower resistance build to switch the Tsunami onto my limitless mech mod :)

Pics :

From now on I'm gonna use your format of detailing your work. Nice build too. Cheers bud

Pics :

Very nicely done. Looks champ!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_1495.JPG IMG_1524.JPG IMG_1606.JPG
2. built myself
3. half clapton helix (built and wrapped myself). Someone correct me if the name is wrong.
4. 28g kanthal wrapped in 34g nichrome 80 (clapton). Then clapton is twisted with 26g kanthal, then gaps have been filled (twisted) with 2 strands of 34g nichrome 80. 4 wraps come to 0.29 ohms on evic mini. ID: screwdriver

So I was just planning on doing a quick rewick but ended up building this instead :).
This coil vapes well (tonnes of spaces to wick juice). Haven't seen to many Helix coils recently so though I should try one.

Anyone who is looking at getting into "exotic-ish" coils, I really recommend trying this out. It is a pretty easy build compared to other clapton style coils.

A very brief build process description.
1. Clapton 28g kanthal with 34g ni80 (or 32 if you can't get 34g wire or buy some ud clapton wire if you don't feel like making a clapton ;))
2. Straighten the 26g kanthal.
3. twist the 26g and 28 clapton together. Very important is not to over twist it because this will bunch the wire together and there is no coming back from this. So to the point where the wire stars pulling back/it looks alright.
4. Now you have 1 wire (put back in drill). Take the 34g ni80(or 32g) and start twisting it into the gaps in your large wire. You will see it will follow a channel in your twisted wire. This will leave one channel open for the other strand of 34gni80 (remember I mentioned 2 stands of 34g). Now twist the 34g into the remaining channel of the wire.
(All twisting done with a drill).

And boom! you have just made your first exotic coil! Now wick it and enjoy the vape.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to help.

View attachment 55509 View attachment 55510 View attachment 55511
2. built myself
3. half clapton helix (built and wrapped myself). Someone correct me if the name is wrong.
4. 28g kanthal wrapped in 34g nichrome 80 (clapton). Then clapton is twisted with 26g kanthal, then gaps have been filled (twisted) with 2 strands of 34g nichrome 80. 4 wraps come to 0.29 ohms on evic mini. ID: screwdriver

So I was just planning on doing a quick rewick but ended up building this instead :).
This coil vapes well (tonnes of spaces to wick juice). Haven't seen to many Helix coils recently so though I should try one.

Anyone who is looking at getting into "exotic-ish" coils, I really recommend trying this out. It is a pretty easy build compared to other clapton style coils.

A very brief build process description.
1. Clapton 28g kanthal with 34g ni80 (or 32 if you can't get 34g wire or buy some ud clapton wire if you don't feel like making a clapton ;))
2. Straighten the 26g kanthal.
3. twist the 26g and 28 clapton together. Very important is not to over twist it because this will bunch the wire together and there is no coming back from this. So to the point where the wire stars pulling back/it looks alright.
4. Now you have 1 wire (put back in drill). Take the 34g ni80(or 32g) and start twisting it into the gaps in your large wire. You will see it will follow a channel in your twisted wire. This will leave one channel open for the other strand of 34gni80 (remember I mentioned 2 stands of 34g). Now twist the 34g into the remaining channel of the wire.
(All twisting done with a drill).

And boom! you have just made your first exotic coil! Now wick it and enjoy the vape.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to help.
Fantastic!:clap::clap::clap:

@WDE those coils are a work of art bra! And thanks for the tutorial, I'm not working this weekend and feel inspired to try something out. Thanks for inspiring that in me

@WDE those coils are a work of art bra! And thanks for the tutorial, I'm not working this weekend and feel inspired to try something out. Thanks for inspiring that in me

Lol that makes one of us , that post made me decide to quit while ahead

Lol that makes one of us , that post made me decide to quit while ahead
Lmao that build looks super slick and by @WDE guide it doesn't seem too hard. I have a Bosch 18v in the garage Im going to charge her up. I been watching a few videovideos on YT and while it's not its easy, it's bit impossible. I'm going to try and see, no harm no foul.

Back