Bumpedy Bump - Vape Mail!

Thanks! It really is amazing in terms of flavour and hit!

Alas, I have literally just slumped into a state of "vaping depression" - if I can call it that...

After a lot of searching (I got started by looking at how to rebuild the Atlantis coils, including reviews), I found out that the chimney is in fact not stainless steel, and is actually chrome plated brass. What a let down. I absolutely cannot use it, and I am looking at it on my desk at work like something that has buttered me up for happiness and has done nothing but extinguish the flame of excitement and sense of accomplishment I felt for finally finding what I thought to be the best tank I would find (sub-ohm, no dripping, no building, great flavour, big clouds etc etc).

Also, the coils are apparently some blend/mix/mashup of (no on is sure yet) fibreglass (?!) and ceramic, and that the mesh is in fact to stop shards of the stuff flying into your lungs, and not to stop juice landing on your tongue...

On top of that, the Smok has buttons that rattle, in my pocket, while a drive, to the point I have to put it in my bag so as not to hear it...

What is so sad about all of this, is it dawns on my that we have a serious problem in the vape world. And with all the new ways/techniques/configurations, we are sure to be in for a rough ride with regards to regulation, safety, health etc in the form of short cuts and knockoffs.

I feel ripped off, lied to and let down for thinking Aspire would go as far as making the tank out of stainless steel, I mean, were my expectations too high?

Just seems like you can't find the best allrounder. Does such a thing exist? I mean, the Atlantis with the build quality of the Aerotank, paired with 0.5ohm coils using organic cotton as apposed to something that is a knockoff version of a material probably found in a gas lamp, and non rattle (perhaps dampened? foamed? padded? o-ringed? (and I'm not engineer)) buttons? Is it too much to ask for? I'm not sure really.

Sorry for the rant :)
No problem....that is what we are here for too!
Have picked up about the ceramic/fibreglass shards in another thread, but info seems very scarce at this moment. Shall wait till better/more info is available before judgement is made, but it is disturbing.
As to the chromed brass, that is plainly misleading advertising/promotion and should not be tolerated. And, yes, some people's bodies cannot tolerate brass.
For me the best allrounder would be a Reo with, in your case, a stainless steel atomizer (RBA) on top.

RBAs are the way to go guys

you will not be let down

you build it how you want it, and are not restricted to the likeliness of a pre made coil

No problem....that is what we are here for too!
Have picked up about the ceramic/fibreglass shards in another thread, but info seems very scarce at this moment. Shall wait till better/more info is available before judgement is made, but it is disturbing.
As to the chromed brass, that is plainly misleading advertising/promotion and should not be tolerated. And, yes, some people's bodies cannot tolerate brass.
For me the best allrounder would be a Reo with, in your case, a stainless steel atomizer (RBA) on top.
At this stage I'm leaving the tank until I know more, I don't know if I'm happy lung hitting with that thing and not know what the vapour is taking with it haha! But yes, I think the more pure/"basic" the better! Will be looking into other mods, and I find had my way I would have a Kanger subtank too, but alas we must wait :(

Vapemail from my little sister who just got back from the UK today!

77bf2398077b2ff04308e8f66f7d022a.jpg

So got this over the weekend, really amazing step from my MVP2 and Aerotank v2 combo... Really is an awesome vape!

Smok xpro bt50 + Atlantis!

e8745a928572b6e01da35a79beacca77.jpg

15e1d0e74a7d05c613d90fc7b64fde44.jpg

4c37df8d250206de32deca45eaa7e40a.jpg

I would reaally like more details on this combination - have you played around with wattage? - On a mech mod the atlantis will do around 30W - what happens when you drop it to 20? or up it to 40?

Reason I'm asking - owner of an Atlantis and one of these box mods in the mail, looking for some insight :)

Will be looking into other mods, and I find had my way I would have a Kanger subtank too, but alas we must wait :(
Did you see the comparison video?
btw, Kanger already changed the coil - to single coil and cotton. The first batch was a Fail, it was not liked. So, we should make sure that we don't get one from that original batch.

Yes, better this stuff is made of ss, like food factory stuff.
However, there are two issues: the chromed brass and the concern that particles of chrome might flake off, and theceramic wick material and the thing POPPING, violently. (At least, mine does, it's scarey, and i noticed the reviewer's don't do it.)
So far - and i think i read the main thread/s on it, on ECF, no-one has actually had chrome flaking off.

Did you see the comparison video?
btw, Kanger already changed the coil - to single coil and cotton. The first batch was a Fail, it was not liked. So, we should make sure that we don't get one from that original batch.

Yes, better this stuff is made of ss, like food factory stuff.
However, there are two issues: the chromed brass and the concern that particles of chrome might flake off, and theceramic wick material and the thing POPPING, violently. (At least, mine does, it's scarey, and i noticed the reviewer's don't do it.)
So far - and i think i read the main thread/s on it, on ECF, no-one has actually had chrome flaking off.
You sure it is your ceramic popping and not your juice? I often get loud popping sounds from many of my coils - self made or retail

Girlie doo-dads on the bottles. :--P Like guests' gifts at a wedding. At least they're not skulls, though.

The Atlantis comes to life at 50w, at 30w I find the flavor pretty muted

Yup now all I need is an Atlantis, but customs are screwing around. Paid for one like 3-4 weeks ago from vapecartel expecting it to ship with stuff from vaporshark but :censored: SA customs delaying everything

You sure it is your ceramic popping and not your juice? I often get loud popping sounds from many of my coils - self made or retail
nah, i think it's the juice. i think maybe my whole problem is the juice with this. it tastes so crap i don't want to try it again. But this is more than pops, it's BANGs, explosions!

nah, i think it's the juice. i think maybe my whole problem is the juice with this. it tastes so crap i don't want to try it again. But this is more than pops, it's BANGs, explosions!
A vape and fireworks - sounds like a bargain :)

So, at last. The HHV that was shipped on 30th September. ohmygoodness, and then he came back to the counter and said he couldn't find it. Then he went back and came back with it after a minute.
R40-something VAT, nice aromatherapy oils.
The good thing is that instead of about 3 weeks steeping in the post, it's had more than 10 weeks. But the Gaia tastes like ass. Kind of like the smell of shoe polish. But i'm persevering.

HHV-shipped.jpg

Time to do another order.
(btw. This Heather's Heavenly Vapes does not have skulls or lucky packet charms on the bottles. It has normal "Child-proof" caps that you just push down and screw off, how cool is that....And its 18mg, and it's mine.) :*

IMG_1527_PP_800x600_80%_crop.JPG

IMG_1530_PP_800x600_80%.JPG

IMG_1534_PP_800x600_80%.JPG

So it put me in a mood to go get some more juice.
The liquor shop is next to the Post Office, you see. And they actually had some craft brews in the fridge.
i think i'm a believer...:mm:

The vodka is for cleaning coils.

...hmm...jmm...this black gold klipdrift is nice. Coffee and liqueur chocolate on the exhale. Why can't they make juice like that. jaaaaa, in a perfect world, we could just vape liquor. :emo: None of this ejuice nonsense. ;)

@Cat I agree big time! I love that black gold Klippies!! :)

Sent from my REO filled with VM Menthol Ice with a drop of coconut!

oh, you tried it. ja, i was quite taken by it when you posted those pics. It shows, the idea of it never quite left my mind. Then i think it was triggered by Johan talking about fancy cognac last night. Or maybe it was the Five Pawns Black Flag that did it. :--P

@Cat you mean the price of the 5-Pawns drove me to finish my Black Gold and I got all 5-pissed and .....

PS. No vendor was hurt while typing this message.

Last edited:
I love myself a nice skull. Don't know why just been that way from the day I crawled out of my test tube....

Skulls are partly to blame for my Iron Maiden addiction.

I love myself a nice skull. Don't know why just been that way from the day I crawled out of my test tube....

Skulls are partly to blame for my Iron Maiden addiction.

Ohhhh, I too share your Iron Maiden addiction, but Eddie is at least partially covered (in rotten flesh an muscle) :D

Back