Burnt taste? Solution

Zia

Llama Clan
LV

Awards
So you’ve just cleaned your coils. You wick it again and you’re ready to start vaping. But, about a day into your vape, you realise that you’re getting this burnt, catchy taste in your throat. You’ve just cleaned your coils so it couldn’t be that... Your wattage is ideal so it’s not that either... I have a solution! (At least in my situation.)

It’s your wicking. I did what I mentioned above and got the burnt taste even after dripping my coils. My wicking was too thick. Yes, I know most of you would know this, but this is for those who don’t.

My cotton was stuffed into that poor RDA, to the point I had to twirl it around my coil. This caused lots of juice to be absorbed, but it wasn’t saturating my coil. What I did was I just cut my cotton shorter, just so that it lies adjacent to my coil. This allowed more air to hit my coil and as a result allowed my coil to get enough air to provide a flavourful and cloudy Vape. I used the same string of cotton and coil, so one little snip could be the turning point of your vape experience! Just follow the ideal “bow tie” shape and stick to it, and you won’t go wrong!

Hope this helps any newbies around here and remember, stinkies are gone, vape is the future!

I wicked it in store with my normal dual build, 33 hits, none of them dry. When I got home I went back to my parallel coil, flavour for days no dry hits, then this morning saw a YouTube vid about wicking much tighter than we all do, like much much tighter...dense flavour cloud etc. Haven't stopped Vaping since then, still going. It's really worth the try.

You won't be disappointed for 1 second. If you are, I'll take it off your hands.

@Zia thank you for that valued info bud. Definitely applicable to ous like me. I intend on doing newer cotton in a day or 2 and dont wana stuff it up :) @Steyn777 kindly share that youtube link please bud on wicking much tighter :)

@Zia thank you for that valued info bud. Definitely applicable to ous like me. I intend on doing newer cotton in a day or 2 and dont wana stuff it up :) @Steyn777 kindly share that youtube link please bud on wicking much tighter :)

There you go @Ruwaid its a 3 or 4 part series but very well done and you'll be amazed at the results. Enjoy

I been watching all this fuss over the new cotton bacon and i personally have a massive stash of Japanese cotton and have always thought cotton is cotton, But recently been suffering with muted flavour and have been trying different builds like every day and so i decided to try cotton bacon prime and i was actually hoping that i would not like it as i have my massive stash of jap cotton but to my sadness/happiness i absolutely love it!
easy to work with and much better flavour especially with the tighter wicking method as per the video in this thread and no fluffing.
Showing that cotton is not just cotton there is a difference and its worth the price.

I been watching all this fuss over the new cotton bacon and i personally have a massive stash of Japanese cotton and have always thought cotton is cotton, But recently been suffering with muted flavour and have been trying different builds like every day and so i decided to try cotton bacon prime and i was actually hoping that i would not like it as i have my massive stash of jap cotton but to my sadness/happiness i absolutely love it!
easy to work with and much better flavour especially with the tighter wicking method as per the video in this thread and no fluffing.
Showing that cotton is not just cotton there is a difference and its worth the price.
Don't throw away that Japanese cotton, oncenreadnof a wicking method with them the guy called it the Shredder wicking. You'll be amazed at the flavour

Tried out the shredder thing. works really well also. definitely using it also.
Thanks @Steyn777 awesome tip man.

Back