Calling all DIY'ers

Awesome to see vendors actually giving advice here and sharing a recipe or two, what a great forum :)

Thanks @Viper_SA I'm very very passionate about DIY mixing I love it as much as you guys do, for obvious reasons I can't share the ladies recipes, but Curacau with a bit of tweaking I think can be a really nice juice.

On that note, if any vendor sees a recipe I post that they think might be worth marketing after a few tweaks, they are more than welcome to it. None of my stuff is 'copywrited', lol.

My DIY contribution towards this thread, I made this juice over Desember and it was mildly successful with some of my testers, some LOVED it and other thought it was ok, in all fairness it went up against Happy Holidays and Ambrosia. I called it Curacau:-

TFA Bavarian Cream 4%
TFA Ethyl Maltol 3%
TFA Sweet Cream 2%
CAP Sweet Strawberry 5%
TFA Vanilla Custard 8%

Oh thank you very much.

Now do Ambrosia :D

@Viper_SA The 15% Coconut I understand why you went with the 15%, however becarefull of a perfumy taste to your liquids 15% is a high for a TFA Concentrate. I would like to suggest a touch (0.5% - 1%) of TFA French vanilla or Vanilla Swirl just to lift the subtle flavour of the TFA Cocnut.

I've read on other forums that the 'Coconut Extra' is the better of the TFA Coconut Concentrates, as you only need around 3% to 6% in a mix to get a good flavour without those perfumy notes or the need to add anything to it to get it to "pop".

I have a good'n!

It's not a clone, but I did find it on a TFA recipe thread on Reddit...

Lets call her Serendipity, because a pleasant surprise she is. :

All TFA:

Hazelnut - 4%
French Vanilla - 6%
Vanilla Cupcake - 3%

I made it to 65VG, so you might want to tone it down if you like 50/50

It's not fully steeped and already gorgeous!

Last edited:
I have a good'n!

It's not a clone, but I did find it on a TFA recipe thread on Reddit...

Lets call her Serendipity, because a pleasant surprise she is. :

All TFA:

Hazelnut - 6%
French Vanilla - 6%
Vanilla Cupcake - 3%

I made it to 65VG, so you might want to tone it down if you like 50/50

It's not fully steeped and already gorgeous!

Yeah I gotta chime on this one!
I got Hazelnut Praline from SkyBlue (TFA methinks), just as a side ingredient to some ideas I had - holy cow do I love this flavour!
I have since made 3 other precipes with Hazelnut as the main actor, and I am properly in love.

Slight side-warning though: the hazelnut taste does seem to linger on the palate for a few minutes - i know some folk dont like that.

Yeah I gotta chime on this one!
I got Hazelnut Praline from SkyBlue (TFA methinks), just as a side ingredient to some ideas I had - holy cow do I love this flavour!
I have since made 3 other precipes with Hazelnut as the main actor, and I am properly in love.

Slight side-warning though: the hazelnut taste does seem to linger on the palate for a few minutes - i know some folk dont like that.

Yip thats the one, it is TFA. And sooo good.

It's so authentically Hazelnut, that I'm sure with the right ammount of chocolate, one could easily make a Nutella juice.

In the hopes of working through some of the flavorings I don't really like that much, I mixed up this one:

4% TFA Double Chocolate
3% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1% Pear (Pear is a throat killer for me, so adjust accordingly)

Will let it steep for at least 4 days before trying it out. Mixed at 0mg Nic and 40/60 PG/VG ratio

Really liking this one

upload_2015-4-27_20-32-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-27_20-31-55.png
    upload_2015-4-27_20-31-55.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 77
Good so far, will see how it progresses with some steep time

upload_2015-4-27_20-33-13.png

In the hopes of working through some of the flavorings I don't really like that much, I mixed up this one:

4% TFA Double Chocolate
3% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1% Pear (Pear is a throat killer for me, so adjust accordingly)

Will let it steep for at least 4 days before trying it out. Mixed at 0mg Nic and 40/60 PG/VG ratio

Okay, so the double chocolate still sucks. It will be going to a friend at work, together with the vanilla and pear flavorings I have....
From now on, only fruits and menthol, lol. I'm waiting for the buddy to join the forum, I gave him my old Ego X6 battery over the weekend and lent him my Trident clone RDA with a 1.2ohm coil in it. Passed some juices I made his way too, and he smoked way way less than usual. One of those weekends I was glad I swapped shifts. He asked me to order a Trident for him. He seems to be getting on well with the 28G and Dischem cotton I gave him to play with. Now I just need to get him off the Chinese juice's he loves so much.....

In the meantime, I mixed up a little Peanut butter-jelly cupcake a few days ago.
10 % TFA Peanut butter
5% TFA Raspberry
5% Vanilla Cupcake.

After some steeping it works well at 0mg and 40/60. Definitely not an ADV for me. Maybe a once-in-a-while.....

Can anyone tell me what recipes thy have tried on kritikalmass.net and wich are yummy it will save a lot of time and effort on buying flavour

Can anyone tell me what recipes thy have tried on kritikalmass.net and wich are yummy it will save a lot of time and effort on buying flavour

I have used some of the fruit flavor recipes from there, but adjusted the percentages to my taste.

Are the clone recipes any good

I haven't really tried that many international juices, two to be exact, lol. So I have no idea how the originals would taste or if the clones are close. At the moment I'm going through a fruit and menthol period with some tobacco to switch things up. At 10-15ml per day I pretty much have to make my own juice to make vaping affordable :D

Know what you mean I'm in higher part too were do you buy

Know what you mean I'm in higher part too were do you buy

So far the best prices I have found on nicotine, PG and VG have been from @Derick and @Melinda at Skyblue. They are also the cheapest with TFA flavors I have seen. Vapour Mountain also sell flavorings and they are a bit cheaper than the TFA, but haven't used their concentrates yet. Ordered some TFA stuff from Valley Vapour yesterday that I could't get from Skyblue. Haven't found any other vendors that sell diy stuff to date.

So far the best prices I have found on nicotine, PG and VG have been from @Derick and @Melinda at Skyblue. They are also the cheapest with TFA flavors I have seen. Vapour Mountain also sell flavorings and they are a bit cheaper than the TFA, but haven't used their concentrates yet. Ordered some TFA stuff from Valley Vapour yesterday that I could't get from Skyblue. Haven't found any other vendors that sell diy stuff to date.
O I bought from vapour mountain only 4 flavours wich were prety inconsistent in strength but I switched to sky blue only two flavours but where stronger

Do you know anything about their 60 percent menthol how much do I need or how much to dilute

On the 60% menthol I use 8 drops per 10ml of juice.

Back