Calling all DIY'ers

Almond Rooibos

A very subtle, almond-infused and smooth black rooibos with some hints of caramel. Quite surprised with this thus far!

ECIGGIES - Rooibos 15%
CAP - Amaretto 10%
TFA - Coconut 8%
TFA - Caramel 2%

1 drop per 5ml Acetyl Pyrazine

Mixed at max VG (65%, due to weak PG-based flavours)

Steep at least a week, with regular quick degassings, for Amaretto aftertaste to mellow and Rooibos to develop. Rooibos will develop for quite some time even after a week. Don't be scared for the high flavour percentages - most of these are quite weak flavours.

Reasonings:

Amaretto goes well with caramel or chocolate. Coconut (not Coconut Extra) adds a smoothness to the mix which I like, without EM's taste nor the heaviness of creams (and it doesn't taste much like coconut either).

The Rooibos from ECIGGIES is quite weak though... I am still hoping it will develop further, otherwise I will try another Rooibos concentrate or will try making my own.

You can swap the Caramel for chocolate, but since most chocolates are also quite weak flavours, it will boost the flavour percentages up even more. You can also drop the coconut and replace it with some Sweet Cream (or any heavier cream of your choice).
Sounds great! The Rooibos from eCiggies (apparently their "Proudly South African" concentrates are the exact same ones to be found at Vapour Mountain, the range of what is available at eCiggies is just more limited) is quite good but I agree that it's very weak. I have let it steep for weeks without any noticeable development (in the sense of it becoming more prominent) of the Rooibos.

Almond Rooibos

A very subtle, almond-infused and smooth black rooibos with some hints of caramel. Quite surprised with this thus far!

ECIGGIES - Rooibos 15%
CAP - Amaretto 10%
TFA - Coconut 8%
TFA - Caramel 2%

1 drop per 5ml Acetyl Pyrazine

Mixed at max VG (65%, due to weak PG-based flavours)

Steep at least a week, with regular quick degassings, for Amaretto aftertaste to mellow and Rooibos to develop. Rooibos will develop for quite some time even after a week. Don't be scared for the high flavour percentages - most of these are quite weak flavours.

Reasonings:

Amaretto goes well with caramel or chocolate. Coconut (not Coconut Extra) adds a smoothness to the mix which I like, without EM's taste nor the heaviness of creams (and it doesn't taste much like coconut either).

The Rooibos from ECIGGIES is quite weak though... I am still hoping it will develop further, otherwise I will try another Rooibos concentrate or will try making my own.

You can swap the Caramel for chocolate, but since most chocolates are also quite weak flavours, it will boost the flavour percentages up even more. You can also drop the coconut and replace it with some Sweet Cream (or any heavier cream of your choice).

Think im going to try mix some Amaretto and some CAP vanilla bean ice cream.
Thanks for the idea!

Sounds great! The Rooibos from eCiggies (apparently their "Proudly South African" concentrates are the exact same ones to be found at Vapour Mountain, the range of what is available at eCiggies is just more limited) is quite good but I agree that it's very weak. I have let it steep for weeks without any noticeable development (in the sense of it becoming more prominent) of the Rooibos.

Thanks - didn't realize that! You just saved me the time and money from buying another bottle of the same - I was on my way to go and order! It is a nice flavour though, just a shame about the strength.

I guess I'll try to do an extraction myself. Rooibos needs high heat, pressure and/or decent solvents to be properly extracted, but I've never done an extraction for vaping purposes before...

Thanks - didn't realize that! You just saved me the time and money from buying another bottle of the same - I was on my way to go and order! It is a nice flavour though, just a shame about the strength.

I guess I'll try to do an extraction myself. Rooibos needs high heat, pressure and/or decent solvents to be properly extracted, but I've never done an extraction for vaping purposes before...
Pleasure. Sorry - I was a bit unclear in the above post. Like you've said in your post, it does develop for a week or two - but thereafter it stays pretty much the same, at least according to my experience (and I did try using it in quite a number of combinations). I agree that the flavour itself is actually very nice.

I know that there's a post somewhere on the forum by @BumbleBee on NET Rooibos (the "T" actually works here as well :)) for vaping purposes. I'll try and find it now, or he could perhaps comment when online.

The post by @BumbleBee in this thread : http://www.ecigssa.co.za/my-crazy-experiments.t11441/

BumbleBee said:
Sounds yummy! How did you go about doing the extract on the tea?
Empty out 4 teabags in a 50ml glass bottle (I used the blue ones from SkyBlue). Top the bottle up with PG and dunk the bottle in a mug of boiled water. Leave for half an hour then top up again with PG. Dunk it in boiled water again and leave it to steep for a day. Strap a coffee filter over a glass with rubber bands and empty the tea out into the filter, this requires a bit of gentle shaking to get all that stuff out through the tiny bottleneck. The good stuff will work its way through the filter in a few hours. This is a good time to make a cup of tea, the aroma coming from the extract will leave you little choice here :)

Please Help Me create some recipies my flavors on hand
10ml Concentrated Marshmallow Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Marshmallow_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Cinnamon Milktart Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Cinnamon_Milktart_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated BlackBerry Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Blackberry_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Cotton Candy Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Cotton_Candy_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Peanut Butter Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Peanut_Butter_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Maple Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Maple_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated English Toffee Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_English_Toffee_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Custard Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Custard_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Cream Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Cream_Concentrated_Flavor 1
TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated Dragonfruit Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing TFA_10ml_DragonFruit_Concentrated_Flavor 1
Flavor West 10ml Concentrated Tiramisu Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing FW_10ml_Tiramisu_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Berries Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Berries_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Grape Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Grape_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Vanilla Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Vanilla_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Pear Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Pear_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Cream Soda Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Cream_Soda_Concentrated_Flavor 1

10ml Concentrated Marshmallow Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Marshmallow_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Cinnamon Milktart Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Cinnamon_Milktart_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated BlackBerry Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Blackberry_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Cotton Candy Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Cotton_Candy_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Peanut Butter Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Peanut_Butter_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Maple Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Maple_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated English Toffee Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_English_Toffee_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Custard Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Custard_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Cream Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Cream_Concentrated_Flavor 1
TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated Dragonfruit Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing TFA_10ml_DragonFruit_Concentrated_Flavor 1
Flavor West 10ml Concentrated Tiramisu Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing FW_10ml_Tiramisu_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Berries Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Berries_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Grape Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Grape_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Vanilla Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Vanilla_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Pear Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Pear_Concentrated_Flavor 1
10ml Concentrated Cream Soda Flavor for Eliquid / Ejuice DIY / Self Mixing 10ml_Cream_Soda_Concentrated_Flavor 1

What brand? Clyrolinx? Vapeowave?

wish i could help, but i dont know them at all. i am sure someone who knows them should jump in soon.

vapeowave
I ordered some of their concentrates last week and mixed up a batch. They smelling pretty decent but still letting them steep a bit more. If I get the chance to taste them this weekend I'll send you my findings.

You 've got a mix of ingredients for both fruity & dessert type juices. Whats your taste ? Fruity or dessert ?

I like dessert & chocolatey flavours so if I had your list I'd make the ffg :
8% English toffee
5% Concentrated Cream
2% Vanilla
1% Peanut Butter(I feel this rounds off the flavours nicely but adds a slight nutty type of bitterness when used over 2%)

Someone on the forum once mentioned that the Marshmellow sucks so give it a sniff before using.
Cinnamon Milktart sucks from personal experience. Opened my bottle , took a sniff & never used it in any of my juices
Used Maple Syrup flavour a few times @ 2% , never noticed any difference to the juice with or without it.

Play around with the flavours & see what works for you . What I usually do is dab some of the concentrate on my tongue then while breathing out you get a rough hint of what the juice will taste like when vaped

You 've got a mix of ingredients for both fruity & dessert type juices. Whats your taste ? Fruity or dessert ?

I like dessert & chocolatey flavours so if I had your list I'd make the ffg :
8% English toffee
5% Concentrated Cream
2% Vanilla
1% Peanut Butter(I feel this rounds off the flavours nicely but adds a slight nutty type of bitterness when used over 2%)

Someone on the forum once mentioned that the Marshmellow sucks so give it a sniff before using.
Cinnamon Milktart sucks from personal experience. Opened my bottle , took a sniff & never used it in any of my juices
Used Maple Syrup flavour a few times @ 2% , never noticed any difference to the juice with or without it.

Play around with the flavours & see what works for you . What I usually do is dab some of the concentrate on my tongue then while breathing out you get a rough hint of what the juice will taste like when vaped

Thank you
Im not fussy i vape any thing as long as it dos not taste very bad. I like fruits and Deseret hence the flavors i purchased
will give your recipe an go asoon as im out of work thank you so much for the feedback !!!

Thank you
Im not fussy i vape any thing as long as it dos not taste very bad. I like fruits and Deseret hence the flavors i purchased
will give your recipe an go asoon as im out of work thank you so much for the feedback !!!
Pleasure bud. Sorry I couldn't help more with the fruity mix as I'm not a fan & never used those flavours.

A lot of the guys here seem to like a certain vendor's(cant remember which) Dragon Fruit mix . I'm sure someone can chip in & give you a good recipe.

PS : I don't even know what dragon fruit tastes like :D

Pleasure bud. Sorry I couldn't help more with the fruity mix as I'm not a fan & never used those flavours.

A lot of the guys here seem to like a certain vendor's(cant remember which) Dragon Fruit mix . I'm sure someone can chip in & give you a good recipe.

PS : I don't even know what dragon fruit tastes like :D

Dragonfruit is unique, delicious. Its like a cross between a Pear and something. Dont know what though

I make a TFA/ Cap Dragonfuit, Blackberry and Bavarian cream for my wife
Recipe looks something like this:
TFA Dragonfruit 8%,
CAP Blackberry 3%
TFA Bavarian Cream 2%

So @Thomas O`Reilly you could try something along those lines. More Dragonfruit than berries, and then a small amount of either Cream or even Marshmallow.

But I wouldn't know about percentages - they can be vastly different from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Dragonfruit is unique, delicious. Its like a cross between a Pear and something. Dont know what though

I make a TFA/ Cap Dragonfuit, Blackberry and Bavarian cream for my wife
Recipe looks something like this:
TFA Dragonfruit 8%,
CAP Blackberry 3%
TFA Bavarian Cream 2%

So @Thomas O`Reilly you could try something along those lines. More Dragonfruit than berries, and then a small amount of either Cream or even Marshmallow.

But I wouldn't know about percentages - they can be vastly different from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Will try that for sure sounds like a sucker punch variation just killd 30ml of that in one day
gotta slow down lol

Hey. I have been DIYing for about 4 months now. Take a look at my Banoffee Pie and comment gladly.

Nic 36% VG - 8.33%
PG - 32.5%
VG - 51.67%
Banana VapeOwave - 3%
Bavarian Cream TPA - 1%
Dulce de leche TPA - 0.5%
DX Sweet cream TPA - 2%
Graham Cracker TPA - 1%
View attachment 42413

I steeped it in a dark drawer for 7 days breathing on day 2 and 6 and also gave it a Hot water bath before bottling.

I've made something similar that is a favorite amongst myself and my friends

TFA Banana cream 5%
TFA Dulce de leche 1%
TFA Graham crust 2%
TFA Sweet cream 2%
TFA Vanilla bean icecream 2%
FW Sugar cookie 3%
EM 0.5%

After a 2 week steep the creams come through beautifully and it tastes like a lovely banana caramel cream pie. If the banana isnt pungent enough for you, you ban bump it up with some banana ripe to taste. 1-2% Should be fine as that stuff is potent!

A bit off topic, but am I the only one at the mumford & sons concert blowing huge clouds? Cant find a single other vaper in this place. Here I am thinking that a stall selling ejuice would profit...

Back