Calling all DIY'ers

I had a 10% Cola mix that was tasting great 3 days after mixing, now it's very bland. Seems 2 weeks just killed off a lot of the flavour. Same situation with Cookie and Cream, Litchi, Watermelon, Cheesecake, Banana and Energy Drink.

What brand flavouring are you using? Do you use EM in these?

What brand flavouring are you using? Do you use EM in these?
I'm currently sitting with a real mixed bag of concentrates from Sky blue, Pirates Grog, Vapeowave and Clyrolinx.
I will be trying out some of the Pirates Grog Gold label when I get paid as well as my first ordering of some TFA concentrates for Gush.

I have some EM but I didn't use any in these mixes. I wanted a straight up single flavour profile to guage off.
Do you think some EM might rescue these bland flavours a bit?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm currently sitting with a real mixed bag of concentrates from Sky blue, Pirates Grog, Vapeowave and Clyrolinx.
I will be trying out some of the Pirates Grog Gold label when I get paid as well as my first ordering of some TFA concentrates for Gush.

I have some EM but I didn't use any in these mixes. I wanted a straight up single flavour profile to guage off.
Do you think some EM might rescue these bland flavours a bit?

I never use EM. Tried and dumped it.
It is reputed to cause flavour fade, is why I ask. The flavours that faded, are they one specific manufacturer's or a mix of manu's.

If you are just starting out, it may simplify things for you if you stick mostly to one brand in the beginning. Easier to get a handle on %'s, they vary so much from brand to brand.

IMHO, FA and INW are the best to use as a backbone, with maybe the odd flavour from the others to compliment. For a variety of reasons.

It's all I used for years. Now I've got a bloody lot of other brands and no FA or INW. :(

IMHO, FA and INW are the best to use as a backbone, with maybe the odd flavour from the others to compliment. For a variety of reasons.

It's all I used for years. Now I've got a bloody lot of other brands and no FA or INW. :(

FA and INW vastly really hit the mark with me.

TFA, CAP and FW are either a hit or a miss. There are loads from them that rock, but some just do not.

Also working with smaller percentages that is required with INw and FA means the bracket for throwing it off is much less.

I never use EM. Tried and dumped it.
It is reputed to cause flavour fade, is why I ask. The flavours that faded, are they one specific manufacturer's or a mix of manu's.

If you are just starting out, it may simplify things for you if you stick mostly to one brand in the beginning. Easier to get a handle on %'s, they vary so much from brand to brand.
The majority of the concentrates I got from a swop deal. The sky blue and Vape o wave were in that mix. I then bought some base premixed with nic from Clyrolinx so I took some concentrates while I was at it.
I was looking for a Tangy strawberry, I wanted the same taste that budget vapes Tangy strawberry had, and a quick Google search lead me to Pirates Grog.
I like the idea of supporting local juice makers and retailers etc so I thought it's easier and cheaper to start here then once I get the hang of it move up to the TFA's of this world.
But like you said and as I feared my single flavour exercise was not he resounding success I'd hoped for. But what I did take away from it is that single flavours tend to steep faster than more complex mixes. In the next couple weeks I'll be able to get an idea of how some of these local concentrates fair against established international brands.

I'm no better off really than I was when I started but it's been a lot of fun.

Sorry guys I just wanted some help regarding a pistachio recipe as well RY4 Double with not one response.... are my posts actually delivering? Can admin check this @Silver? If they being ignored please say so too thanks!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sorry guys I just wanted some help regarding a pistachio recipe as well RY4 Double with not one response.... are my posts actually delivering? Can admin check this @Silver? If they being ignored please say so too thanks!!!!

I saw your Pistachio post, may have missed the Ry4 one...

But sorry, I haven't used either flavour, yet :/

Thanks @rogue zombie and @method1 thanks for the share. A little too complicated for me that recipe. Im still new to this and getting to understand my flavours how to mix them and what i may like or not. I appreciate the response I've read a few recipes online that ry4 double Is even great by itself and specifically the TFA RY4 Double. I've never tried but seen if u add some caramel and PY it changes it completely the guys even saying that ry4 can be a shake and vape.

If I had recipes that were great to share I would I am just not at that level yet. I recently made with all FW 6% Candy Watermelon and 3% bubblegum but something is missing maybe some sweet cream or something. I want a full mouth feel type of vape and can't seem to find that yet

The majority of the concentrates I got from a swop deal. The sky blue and Vape o wave were in that mix. I then bought some base premixed with nic from Clyrolinx so I took some concentrates while I was at it.
I was looking for a Tangy strawberry, I wanted the same taste that budget vapes Tangy strawberry had, and a quick Google search lead me to Pirates Grog.
I like the idea of supporting local juice makers and retailers etc so I thought it's easier and cheaper to start here then once I get the hang of it move up to the TFA's of this world.
But like you said and as I feared my single flavour exercise was not he resounding success I'd hoped for. But what I did take away from it is that single flavours tend to steep faster than more complex mixes. In the next couple weeks I'll be able to get an idea of how some of these local concentrates fair against established international brands.

I'm no better off really than I was when I started but it's been a lot of fun.

I tried some Clyrolinx flavours recently. Mixed up 20 standalone flavours in 10ml testers to get a feel for them. They seem to work ok at 4-6% as standalone. Tested them on a dripper, but that is a tedious task. Need to rewick every time. They taste ok at this stage, some quite good actually, so I'll just add some nic to my 20 testers and vape them this coming week to get a better idea. They've been standing for about 2 weeks.

Problem when you're first starting out is getting a handle on mixing %'s, intensity of flavours etc. If you then start with too many, especially from different brands, it quickly can become a mess and may cause you to give up.

BTW, Skyblue and Vapeowave sell 'their own', TFA and Cap. The bottles should be marked accordingly.

If I had recipes that were great to share I would I am just not at that level yet. I recently made with all FW 6% Candy Watermelon and 3% bubblegum but something is missing maybe some sweet cream or something. I want a full mouth feel type of vape and can't seem to find that yet

A full mouthfeel is reaaaaaally difficult. I used to want that, and could hardly ever get it.
Some of the older juices had plenty of it because they were filled with Diacetyl, which is exactly where to get the full mouthfeel.

I can suggest Marshmallow in general for mouthfeel. I prefer FA for this.

And of coarse the Diacetyl filled CAP Custard V1

Hey @kyle_redbull

Here is a great recipe @Dubz posted last year. Had some of it personally (he sent me a bottle of it free of charge together with some second-hand goodies - what an awesome guy!), and it is quite good:

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/calling-all-diyers.t10799/page-27#post-290230

Btw, I would advise against posts such as "I just had an awesome juice X, can anyone please post the recipe | something similar?" We had a big discussion on this a while ago, and while not all were in agreement, some of the folks here don't look kindly when you are effectively asking if somebody cloned (or something similar) a juice one of the fairly well-known regulars on this forum makes commercially. Its a bit like going to a restaurant's kitchen after a great dinner and casually asking for the recipe! ;)

In this case it's fine though, since luckily the recipe was posted before the similar juice went commercial, so it entered the public domain before it did the private one. It's quite different from @Paulie's too, so I think no harm done. Its just a heads-up for future reference.

Reviews of the flavours of various brands. Should be useful for many. Don't go crazy and start spending the retirement fund, remember less is more. :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/2ehekc/master_flavor_reviews_and_tasting_notes/

That DIY Sub has been a massive help to me personally.

I spend hours reading through there, gather valuable info.

And I love the monthly recipe thread. If you look at it towards the end of the month, the more "favored" recipes will be nearer to the top. I have gotten a few gem recipes from there this way.

Hey @kyle_redbull

Here is a great recipe @Dubz posted last year. Had some of it personally (he sent me a bottle of it free of charge together with some second-hand goodies - what an awesome guy!), and it is quite good:

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/calling-all-diyers.t10799/page-27#post-290230

Btw, I would advise against posts such as "I just had an awesome juice X, can anyone please post the recipe | something similar?" We had a big discussion on this a while ago, and while not all were in agreement, some of the folks here don't look kindly when you are effectively asking if somebody cloned (or something similar) a juice one of the fairly well-known regulars on this forum makes commercially. Its a bit like going to a restaurant's kitchen after a great dinner and casually asking for the recipe! ;)

In this case it's fine though, since luckily the recipe was posted before the similar juice went commercial, so it entered the public domain before it did the private one. It's quite different from @Paulie's too, so I think no harm done. Its just a heads-up for future reference.
@Ezekiel I didn't know it was a problem and I understand 100% sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. Thanks for sharing that recipe with me looks fantastic.

70b2ed882ef8306b811bca31830df137.jpg

Not sure if any of you have tried these sweeties my wife opened them earlier and my word they taste amazing... I said to her I'd love to have a vape that tastes like these sweets and her response was she would vape it all day. You get them at checkers. Nice double chocolate flavour with a slight hint of hazelnut or something with a creamy chocolate centre so yum

Hi

I am entering the DIY thing again and need someone to look at this recipe for me please
I am not adding NIC for now, just want to make a 20ml batch and let it steep for two or so weeks
The French Vanilla is TFA, forgot to add that

View attachment 48777
Another option is 3%Vanilla custard with some Ethyl Mathol as sweetener....I use this combo for a daily vape. (My juices are 96%VG)

Anyone know where to get Sucralose from?

TFA Sweetener is a 10% Sucralose solution.
I actually asked on Reddit about NotCharles' recipe, and he says thats what he used in his Gush recipe (if thats what you wanted it for)

If you want to make your own, Hullets has those little pills that are Sucralose. So at Spar or PnP etc. by the sugar/ sweetener section.

I actually asked on Reddit about NotCharles' recipe, and he says thats what he used in his Gush recipe (if thats what you wanted it for)

If you want to make your own, Hullets has those little pills that are Sucralose. So at Spar or PnP etc. by the sugar/ sweetener section.
I was going for Golden ticket by DIYORDIE. I'll check out Spar. At the moment I only have EM.

Not so sure that's gonna work so well.. i think those tabs contain anti-caking agent, dextrose and other additives.

Back