Calling all DIY'ers

okay cool, cause I used my VM: Almond at 2% in another juice and the stuff is super overpowering. So when I mix this up I'm going to start small like 0.5% - never going above 1.5% as per the recipe. In terms of your tasting, sounds like a winner already if it smells nice - well done man :)

Ye I'll still get back to you on here when I taste it. And then over time as it steeps

Hey dude, I see you mixed some roudernite <-- spelling sux I know sorry. How was the initial flavour and at what percentage did you use the Ameretto? I know this is 1 million questions, but I'm really keen on mixing that up as well as you know from our conversation yesterday...
I mixed up a few Rhodonite batches 2 weeks ago. Since FA Almond is currntly scarce in SA, the best sub I could do was 1% FA Hazelnut and 2% Marzipan. I tried TFA Toasted Almond, but that adds too much toastiness, and TFA Amaretto adds a chemical aftertaste which doesnt gel nicely. IMO, the key ingredient which cant be subbed is the FA Toronne - that stuff is amazing, really adds a distinctive tone to a lot of DIYorDIE's recipes! Beyond that, the apple and raspberry cookie combo is great!

Really wonderful recipe! Cant wait to try @method1 authentic version for comparison!

@Ezekiel same man, I'm currently waiting for month end to click on the checkout button at Cartel gonna get many of the Hardwicks jooses, they are top of my list of needz to try. I'm currently on the Hazeworks juices got 10ml bottles of each of there flavors, so amped to try them. I just have so much DIY joose to get through first though.

Some time ago, I posted a Blueberry-Bubblegum recipe. Since then, I've been tweaking it extensively. Anyway, I finally arrived to this (All-TFA recipe):

Bubblegum-flavoured milk:

Cantaloupe (TFA) - 6%
Root Beer (TFA) - 1.5%
Honeydew (TFA) - 1%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) - 1.5%
Marshmallow (TFA) - 1%
Milk Base - 6%

Milk Base:
Milk (Dairy) (TFA) - 70%
Malted Milk (TFA) - 15%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA) - 15%

(If you are not familiar with using concentrate bases, then you can replace "Milk Base - 6%" with:

Milk (Dairy) (TFA) - 4%
Malted Milk (TFA) - 1%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA) - 1%

which will give pretty much the same thing)

Anyway, this recipe taste pretty much like this:

Blue Indiscriminate Product.jpg

(Sorry for the blur... every time I get sued by these guys I end up having a bad time. Figure everyone should know what this is)

Quick admission - I haven't steeped this properly yet. I tried a few different batches, and only hit gold yesterday. So maybe this well steep out to nothing in the end, and if anybody ends up making this - my apologies if it doesn't work. Was just too excited after tasting the batch this morning.

Btw, the key ingredients are the Cantaloupe and Root Beer, with the vanilla swirl and marshmallow acting as enhancers. Honeydew acts more like a sweetener at 1%, so it is not essential (and don't add any additional honeydew - melon-flavoured bubblegum milk just sounds disgusting). The VBIC is also not super critical, I just have it in my milk base for a little bit of body.

Awesome post @Ezekiel !
Thank you. I need the milks and honeydew, but I'm keen to try it.

Thanks @rogue zombie ! I'm pretty sure you can get much the same thing with other creams as well, it might just be a bit heavier, and I'm still not sure whether the honeydew is essential - I've mixed up another batch just now using a dash more marshmallow instead of honeydew.

Big credit actually goes to @Mike , who pointed out at the last JHB Vapemeet that TFA Cantaloupe smells a lot like bubblegum.

Thanks @rogue zombie ! I'm pretty sure you can get much the same thing with other creams as well, it might just be a bit heavier, and I'm still not sure whether the honeydew is essential - I've mixed up another batch just now using a dash more marshmallow instead of honeydew.

Big credit actually goes to @Mike , who pointed out at the last JHB Vapemeet that TFA Cantaloupe smells a lot like bubblegum.

Ye I think I will actually playaround with other creams, make it a double thick shake :)

Grandmas Baked Nana Bread
Just mixed this, it smells flippen briliant, has to steep 10 days though.
Please note: The flavours used in recipe are in fact as below. ( I was a bit lazy to type out the whole Name on steam engine.) suggestions and improvements are welcome.
cinebun -> caramel cinnamon roll (FW)
banana cream-> Dx Banana Cream (PA)
Banana nut bread-> also (FW)
Gebakte piesang brood.jpg

So just started tinkering with whiskey concentrates and came up with a very tasty one.

I call it:

ICE-RISH CREAM CONE
Biscuit (INAWERA) @ 1%
Irish Cream (FA) @ 5%
Kentucky Bourbon (TPA) @ 3%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) @ 4%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) @ 3%

Great as a shake and vape. No idea how this one is going to taste after a couple of weeks. I'll have to make a 100ml batch of this one as I already vaped all of my 10ml test batch.

I'm open to any suggestions as to how I can improve this, but at the moment I'm loving it

So just started tinkering with whiskey concentrates and came up with a very tasty one.

I call it:

ICE-RISH CREAM CONE
Biscuit (INAWERA) @ 1%
Irish Cream (FA) @ 5%
Kentucky Bourbon (TPA) @ 3%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) @ 4%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) @ 3%

Great as a shake and vape. No idea how this one is going to taste after a couple of weeks. I'll have to make a 100ml batch of this one as I already vaped all of my 10ml test batch.

I'm open to any suggestions as to how I can improve this, but at the moment I'm loving it

Yoh... Sounds yum to me.
Let us know how it holds up after a week.

okay cool, cause I used my VM: Almond at 2% in another juice and the stuff is super overpowering. So when I mix this up I'm going to start small like 0.5% - never going above 1.5% as per the recipe. In terms of your tasting, sounds like a winner already if it smells nice - well done man :)
So i tried it and honestly its pretty damn good. Would like to see hw much better it is with FA Almond but this is really good as is

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

So i tried it and honestly its pretty damn good. Would like to see hw much better it is with FA Almond but this is really good as is

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Awesome dude, thanks for the info - if my almond doesn't work I'll get myself the one you used :). Much appreciated.

I've been trying to go a little "left field" again, and been making some craaaap!

I wanted a smoky custard - something like ELP Reserve... What I ended up with is an awesome Vanilla Pudding... that was dropped in the ashtray :/

I've been trying to go a little "left field" again, and been making some craaaap!

I wanted a smoky custard - something like ELP Reserve... What I ended up with is an awesome Vanilla Pudding... that was dropped in the ashtray :/
I've also been trying to do a Vanilla Custard Tobacco, after my last effort I've decided to put that idea to bed for a while.

I've also been trying to do a Vanilla Custard Tobacco, after my last effort I've decided to put that idea to bed for a while.
Its very hard to do. I tried a smoked custard tobacco thing from one of the big juice boys and it was meh. I'd like to see some one get it right.

Its very hard to do. I tried a smoked custard tobacco thing from one of the big juice boys and it was meh. I'd like to see some one get it right.
I think you have to use the exact right type of tobacco, or it will be totally off.

What that tobacco is, I have no idea.

hi guys
NEED SOME ADVICE from the gurus

so i've been making juice for 6 months now. sometimes success and sometimes not.
its usually 50/50 or 60/40 vg blends @5-6% nic and between 5-10% flavouring with steeping for 1 week and then cap off 1 day.Mostly fruity and dessert vapes
Its usually okay and vapable. but always feels like something is missing.

1.some batches come out very harsh (on the throat ) and need "softening" how do i achieve this ?
2.secondly how do you get that "Full mouth feel" or richness to the juice ?

I have only started DIY but have found. Drop the nic a bit and ad some creams it will take away the harshness and the cream also gives it body. If you still feel its to harsh try adding 1% smooth and see if that helps you. Best of luck

I have only started DIY but have found. Drop the nic a bit and ad some creams it will take away the harshness and the cream also gives it body. If you still feel its to harsh try adding 1% smooth and see if that helps you. Best of luck

thanks,
i have tried smooth but i think im using too much imparts a fruity note.
i have sweet cream but i find it adds a sour milk note.

Could be, try whipped cream found it to work great. Smooth and your fruit flavours should ad enough sweetness. Also always a good idea to mix small batches of just fruits to see how strong they are by themselves

Come to think about it add 10% to 20% vg to excisting batch and see if its more vapeable if so then yes tone down the extract %

Not sure if anyone posted this, but this is my own creation and it is quite possible that someone else also thought of it. This is currently my all day vape - I call it Carlos Concoction V2 , but for those of you not in my head it can be called: Pineapple surprise :)
CarlosConcoctionV2.JPG

All concentrates are TFA except Hazelnut which is FW.
This unfortunately needs to steep for 2 weeks to let the coconut mellow out a bit.

hi guys
NEED SOME ADVICE from the gurus

so i've been making juice for 6 months now. sometimes success and sometimes not.
its usually 50/50 or 60/40 vg blends @5-6% nic and between 5-10% flavouring with steeping for 1 week and then cap off 1 day.Mostly fruity and dessert vapes
Its usually okay and vapable. but always feels like something is missing.

1.some batches come out very harsh (on the throat ) and need "softening" how do i achieve this ?
2.secondly how do you get that "Full mouth feel" or richness to the juice ?
If something is harsh you can try adding EM. Its potent stuff so 0.5 to 1% is usually enough. To much and it starts tasting like candy floss.
For mouth feel there is an additive for that or you can add marshmellow. Again not alot. A touch of cream also works wonders to add that missing something. Bavarian is my go to.

So i mixed my first DIY juice last night which was the recipe posted by @rogue zombie :D
Thank you for the recipe @rogue zombie
! The mix smells delicious! Just like the original Monster Melons. I'm sure this is going to be a winner!

If I want to make a 30ml of this recipe, would i just have to multiply the ingredients by 3?

The mix I made was plain VG/PG. Can I still add Nic to it? If so, how do I calculate how much I need to add?

Thanks!

Back