Calling all DIY'ers

Seems my tastebuds are screwed. I vape TFA 555 at 7% usually in simple mixes, and FA Dark Vapure/Perique Black at 5% each in an equal mix. Don't see how HIC can taste anything at the percentages he recommends. Dark Vapure reminds me of a bit of a liquorice tasteing pipe tobacco

Seems my tastebuds are screwed. I vape TFA 555 at 7% usually in simple mixes, and FA Dark Vapure/Perique Black at 5% each in an equal mix. Don't see how HIC can taste anything at the percentages he recommends. Dark Vapure reminds me of a bit of a liquorice tasteing pipe tobacco

Hmmm... I don't think its a case of taste buds being screwed, maybe less sentitive... I don't know. Mine seem to be overdoing it. I'm constantly finding the need to cut down recipes.

Any way you could describe Black Perique on its own?
I've been curious about doing it on its own

Hmmm... I don't think its a case of taste buds being screwed, maybe less sentitive... I don't know. Mine seem to be overdoing it. I'm constantly finding the need to cut down recipes.

Black Perique on its own is hard to describe. I experience it as a peppery taste. For those that like liquorice Latakia would suit them although the liquorice note is very mild and will come through as a hint when mixed with other flavours.

Black Perique on its own is hard to describe. I experience it as a peppery taste. For those that like liquorice Latakia would suit them although the liquorice note is very mild and will come through as a hint when mixed with other flavours.

I use Black Perique in other tobaccos for the 'smokey' touch, but maybe I wont enjoy it on its own.

Hmmm, let me get back to you on that one. Will have to think about it. But straight off the bat, I's say a dark, spicy taste, with some tobacco.... :rolleyes:

Threw this together for the SO and it got her off of the Twisp juice. Nice winter vape:
CustNutVirgin

Virginia FA - 4%
Vanilla Custard TFA - 4%
Biscuit INW - 2%
Hazelnut TFA - 2%

Mix 60/40, good for MTL. Havent tried it on higher wattage set ups yet. Tasty after 1 day, steeps well and settles after a week.

Threw this together for the SO and it got her off of the Twisp juice. Nice winter vape:
CustNutVirgin

Virginia FA - 4%
Vanilla Custard TFA - 4%
Biscuit INW - 2%
Hazelnut TFA - 2%

Mix 60/40, good for MTL. Havent tried it on higher wattage set ups yet. Tasty after 1 day, steeps well and settles after a week.
Sounds interesting. Sweet? Can you taste the tobacco?

Sounds interesting. Sweet? Can you taste the tobacco?
It's sweetish, more nutty. A bakery type flavour, while tobacco is more in the background, it's definitely there. It's seen most usage in a EGO AIO so don't know how it will perform on your set up. Whip up a 10ml and let me know.

Just mixed up a Mustard Milk variation using 8% TFA VBIC and 4% FA Strawberry. 70/30 at 3mg nic. Shake and vape is pretty tasty @ 35-50W on a 0.5ohm ceramic coil in the Defiant tank. Also mixed up a new tobacco, @Andre. If it ends up tasting like it smells after a steep, I will send some your way. But on a previous occasion the 7 Leaves took over after steeping, will have to monitor it this time.

Just mixed up a Mustard Milk variation using 8% TFA VBIC and 4% FA Strawberry. 70/30 at 3mg nic. Shake and vape is pretty tasty @ 35-50W on a 0.5ohm ceramic coil in the Defiant tank. Also mixed up a new tobacco, @Andre. If it ends up tasting like it smells after a steep, I will send some your way. But on a previous occasion the 7 Leaves took over after steeping, will have to monitor it this time.
Your tobacco sounds interesting. And how is the .5 ccells working for u flavour wise and where did u buy them from as rob Fisher has stated that they are horrible?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

cfc2a0f886af3802ca3184e7252803e7.jpg

So this is my first attempt at mustard milk with 3 different variations. I must say all are smelling fantastic. I've included in my notes when I made them. All steeping in the same cupboard and made within minutes of each other. So far batch one I can definitely smell the strawberry batch 2 a nice strawberry ice cream and batch 3 smells just as great. Reason for using the strawberry in batch 3 was incase strawberry ripe flavour fades away. But so far I cannot wait to taste. @rogue zombie I did your taste test and damn it works a drop on the finger gives me a nice idea of the taste I will expect.

Your tobacco sounds interesting. And how is the .5 ccells working for u flavour wise and where did u buy them from as rob Fisher has stated that they are horrible?

It's not a cCell. It's the standard coil that comes with the Council of Vapor Defiant tank. Sadly not available separate yet as far as I know.

It's not a cCell. It's the standard coil that comes with the Council of Vapor Defiant tank. Sadly not available separate yet as far as I know.
My bad I read 0.5 ceramic coil thus thought it was a ccell

Has anyone else tried the Gush Clone?

FW Gummi Bear 4%
FW Shirley Temple 3%
TFA Strawberry Ripe 5%
TFA Sweetener (Sucralose) 0.5%
TFA Sweedish Gummy 2%

I love it!

Apperently to make it more like the real thing, add more Sweetener. But I think its great like this.

Ever since @Andre gave me some Thenancara Selene, I've wanted a Gummy flavoured juice, but didn't know how to go about it. This hits the spot nicely... if you like Gummy sweets.

Last edited:
Has anyone else tried the Gush Clone?

FW Gummi Bear 4%
FW Shirley Temple 3%
TFA Strawberry Ripe 5%
TFA Sweetener (Sucralose) 0.5%
TFA Sweedish Gummy 2%

I love it!

Apperently to make it more like the real thing, add more Sweetener. But I think its great like this.

Ever since @Andre gave me some Thenancara Selene, I've wanted a Gummy flavoured juice, but didn't know how to go about it. This hits the spot nice... if you like Gummy sweets.
Glad you like the juice, I fell in love but my bank manager wasn't so happy:p
I have made 60ml of it so far and I wouldn't add any sweetener at all. It's very very close, I'd say 95% there. All 60ml is almost gone now, maybe 10ml left

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hey guys.does anyone know of a place in cape town where i can buy DIY equipment i also want to get into the making

hey guys.does anyone know of a place in cape town where i can buy DIY equipment i also want to get into the making
I'd go with ordering from blckvapour. Service and price are excellent IMHO

On the subject of gummy, here's my somewhat infamous "Fish Yoghurt" recipe:

TFA Swedish Gummy - 5%
CAP Greek Yogurt - 6% (or TFA Greek at 5%, or FA Yogurt at 4%)

Optional - EM 1% or Sucralose 0.5%

The fish yogurt base is also nice to add fruits to, eg raspberry or blueberry - you can lower the gummy a bit if you add some fruit top notes.
Mmmmmm just need the CAP Greek Yogurt and this is possible.....
/heads over to blckvapour.co.za

Glad you like the juice, I fell in love but my bank manager wasn't so happy:p
I have made 60ml of it so far and I wouldn't add any sweetener at all. It's very very close, I'd say 95% there. All 60ml is almost gone now, maybe 10ml left

Oh yes, it was you who pointed it out. Thank you kindly.

I've had almost a 30ml bottle of it so far, with another waiting. I wouldn't change a thing

On the subject of gummy, here's my somewhat infamous "Fish Yoghurt" recipe:

TFA Swedish Gummy - 5%
CAP Greek Yogurt - 6-8% (or TFA Greek at 5%, or FA Yogurt at 4%)

Optional - EM 1% or Sucralose 0.5%

The fish yogurt base is also nice to add fruits to, eg raspberry or blueberry - you can lower the gummy a bit if you add some fruit top notes.

Oh is that what that was :eek:... It was nice, thank you.

Back