Calling all DIY'ers

Thanks @Huffapuff, just got a few questions as I'm still learning the ling:

VC1 = Vanilla Custard V1
what is VBIC?

and I assume they numbers are all percentages right?

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and yes the numbers are the percentages :D

Thanks @Huffapuff, just got a few questions as I'm still learning the ling:

VC1 = Vanilla Custard V1
what is VBIC?

and I assume they numbers are all percentages right?

VC1 is Capella's Vanilla Custard v1 (has those naughty diketones in it, v2 doesn't)
VBIC is Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
And yes, those are the percentages :D

This is pretty damn good. I subbed the TFA Marshmallow with CAP and use FA Sweet Cream and not CAP. Still turned out really good

FA Cream Fresh or TFA Sweet Cream? I'd also like to try this and don't have Cap so I'd also need to sub.

FA Cream Fresh or TFA Sweet Cream? I'd also like to try this and don't have Cap so I'd also need to sub.
My mistake, I just checked my notes, I used the TFA DX Sweet Cream. Edited my post. FA Cream Fresh will probably work better than the DX version though

On a serious note, regarding Diaketone and Diacetyl etc, I'd like to know what people here think.

I am one that doesn't care and I only purchase V1's. Personally I feel that if my cigarettes had 750 times the Diacetyl in them than ejuice, then give me my buttery goodness and keep your DX concentrates!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On a serious note, regarding Diaketone and Diacetyl etc, I'd like to know what people here think.

I am one that doesn't care and I only purchase V1's. Personally I feel that if my cigarettes had 750 times the Diacetyl in them than ejuice, then give me my buttery goodness and keep your DX concentrates!

Ditto. The paper that set off this scare is flawed at any rate.

Ditto. The paper that set off this scare is flawed at any rate.
My theory is that if I smoked Diacetyl for twenty plus years and didn't develop "popcorn lung" then what harm will 1/750th do?

At first I have to admit I was concerned, but then as I read more I became more concerned that I was missing out on yummy flavours :p

Almost everyone I know laughs at the idea of Diacetyl being something to worry about in a vape. And it seems that the common logic behind it is exactly as you say, "MF I smoked cigarettes, so take your Diacetyl warnings and stick it! You kids have it too good these days!".

I used to care, then read that some DX flavours have butyric acid in them instead, a compound found in human vomit amongst other places, other DX concentrates have other weird and wonderful compounds derived from fermented sources. Damned if you, damned if you don't.

Here's a spec sheet for TPA concentrates for anyone interested about whats in them: http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheetlist.aspx

I used to care, then read that some DX flavours have butyric acid in them instead, a compound found in human vomit amongst other places, other DX concentrates have other weird and wonderful compounds derived from fermented sources. Damned if you, damned if you don't.

Here's a spec sheet for TPA concentrates for anyone interested about whats in them: http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheetlist.aspx
Thanks for that snippet of valuable information @Feliks Karp.
I'd rather vape Diacetyl than vomit

Never cared a hoot. I bought dx and v2 flavors before I even knew what diacetyl was. I fell for the trap at the time that everyone said avoid it and such a fuss was made about being diketones free. I did my research and immediately stopped giving a crap about it. I have yet to taste a dx or v2 flavor that is on par with v1

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have the same view as Enyawreklaw: I won't avoid diketones and will use v1 if the v2 or DX is rubbish - which many of them are. But, at the same time, I'm cognisant of consumption and won't over-use diketone-containing flavours. And then also I'll keep watching developments to see how flavour houses are improving. Apparently FA Vienna Cream has no diketones and is an excellent flavour that is not DX- or v2-like. So it can be done and the industry needs to keep pushing for it.

I have certain concerns about Dr Siegel's rebuttal of the Harvard study but those are too long-winded to go into here.

Mixed this up earlier tonight:

Strawberry Lemonade (Restaurant Style)
Original recipe:
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/68981/Strawberry Lemonade (Restaurant Style)

I tweaked the percentages a bit (feels good to kind have a fairly good idea finally of where I like certain flavors)
Lemonade(Natural)(FW) 7%
Strawberry Ripe (TFA) 2%
Strawberry (TFA) 4%

This stuff is seriously good. I forgot I bought lemonade in my very first buy into DIY, and was looking for something to do with it and remembered this recipe.

The Strawberry Ripe to Strawberry 1:2 ratio is where I find it best for me. I know a lot of people don't like Strawberry TFA. This is a damn nice vape, right off the bat. I suspect the Strawberry Ripe will sweeten up a bit with steeping but I need to make more. This won't last the week.

Original recipe:

I tweaked the percentages a bit (feels good to kind have a fairly good idea finally of where I like certain flavors)
Lemonade(Natural)(FW) 7%
Strawberry Ripe (TFA) 2%
Strawberry (TFA) 4%

This stuff is seriously good. I forgot I bought lemonade in my very first buy into DIY, and was looking for something to do with it and remembered this recipe.

The Strawberry Ripe to Strawberry 1:2 ratio is where I find it best for me. I know a lot of people don't like Strawberry TFA. This is a damn nice vape, right off the bat. I suspect the Strawberry Ripe will sweeten up a bit with steeping but I need to make more. This won't last the week.
I will have to try this. I tried this variation:

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 07.39.37.png

It packs quite a punch as a shake and vape but after a week or so the Lemon calms down and the Raspberry comes through quite nicely.

I will have to try this. I tried this variation:

View attachment 71517

It packs quite a punch as a shake and vape but after a week or so the Lemon calms down and the Raspberry comes through quite nicely.
I like the addition of the raspberry. I don't have the TFA one, but after tasting Strawvana the raspberry and strawberry combo has gotten my attention. Based on your recipe, I might try adding 0.5 - 1% of INW Raspberry

Original recipe:

Lemonade(Natural)(FW) 7%
Strawberry Ripe (TFA) 2%
Strawberry (TFA) 4%

Did yours come out cloudy? Mine was cloudy for a month before it settled

Might get shot for asking this...but...

Anyone have a recipe for the Trinity juice? as per vape cartel on the bottle add to buy it it states that its Kiwi, White Grape and strawberries.

Probably has more to it than that, Dont have to be exact but just loving the taste and will probably try mixing those flavors together to see how it comes out.

havent vaped premium juice in months but this morning i forgot my juice at home and got some of this trinity from a colleague and its really nice.

Compared to my DIY juices, im happy to see that my recipes arent too far off from premium juice quality :)

Anyways, if someone has a similar recipe i can start off with that would be great, if not then this afternoon ill go buy those three concentrates and start working my way to a similar flavor.

PS. Dont really want to clone it, just want a similar tasting juice.

If im out of place, just say so and ill ask for forgiveness hahaha

Back