Calling all DIY'ers

Regarding Grace, I'd suggest you vape at least half the bottle and play around with your wattage. I was over it the first time I tasted and cleaned the juice from my tank. A few days later I forgot to take some juice with me to my GF then I discovered my bottle of grack that I left there. Needless to say I was hooked after 2 tanks of torture and pleasure. It's truly an odd juice.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Heh, I don't know why mixers are always trying to downplay the steep time. A recipe that contains Bav, Cream Fresh and Vienna(!!) and some say it's a shake-n-vape? I'll be steeping this for my usual eight weeks so it should be magical once I'm ready to vape it. Wayne reckons 'Sicle is a shake-n-vape. I left mine for eight weeks and the difference between then and even at two weeks was about 30%. As a shake-n-vape, it was chemical horror. Although to be fair, I did use Cly Naartjie in it, which might have been the cause. But after two months, OMG, refreshing and delicious.

For somebody that has a pallet like Wayne should, I honestly don't get this at all. Almost all of his recipes are certified shake and vape and it makes no sense. Bronuts is nearly unvapable shake and vape, it's like eating a spoon full of cocoa. Rhodonite is a mess for the first few days? Maybe i just don't shake hard enough.

Surely if his palette is that good he should be able to pick up the nuances in the juice a lot quicker than I can and things that I find off putting should be near terminal to him?

Yea, I think he shakes it with some fancy machine that you'd find in a scientific lab. I've wondered the same thing.

OK, Wayne has announced his top eight recipes of the year:

8) Sakura Sweets by Kopel. I don't have the floral concentrates and won't buy them for this. That is not stuff I'm going to use, florals ain't my thang.

7) Green Tea Kit Kat by ExclusiveGirl. Has a key ingredient (FE Green Tea) which we can't get here.

6) Cliche by SkiddlzNinja. I'll be trying this as I've been looking for recipes with FA Forrest Mix.

5) Grack Juice by Philosaphucker. I'll try this too, I only need Inw Grape and apparently that's the best grape. Sounds intriguing.

4) Simply Cannoli by Tranceinate. This is already my second ADV after Funfetti. If you haven't tried this, do. It is outstanding.

3) Sugar Cookies and Cream by Chrisdvr1. This looks great. I don't have FW Bavarian Cream or TFA Butter and won't get either for it, but I reckon TFA Bav and Cap Butter Cream subs will be close enough.

2) Dinner Lady a Lemon Tart Remix by Dazcole. People are raving but it has too many ingredients I don't have. I'm not crazy about lemon either. Will give this a miss.

1) Pebbles by NotCharlesManson. Meh, five ingredients I don't have and won't be buying just for this recipe. I'm not crazy about cereals either. It's apparently a terrific juice, though. Well, it would be, considering it's won Wayne's Recipe of the Year. Still, it's not for me, alas.

Hey guys,

I want to mix up some of this Simply Cannoli, it says best VG 92%. does that mean the VG/PG ratio is 92/8?

Thanks for posting those top 8 recipes @RichJB !
Some of those look great
It just looks like I am going to have to launch a major buying spree for concentrates... :eek::eek:

Have you figured out how best to store and retrieve concentrates yet?
:D

Hey guys,

I want to mix up some of this Simply Cannoli, it says best VG 92%. does that mean the VG/PG ratio is 92/8?

The 8% PG is from flavourings. That is the highest VG you can get it to as all the flavour concentrates are suspended in PG. I mix it at 70/30 and its awesome.

I guess so although I mixed mine at my usual 60/40 and it is scrumptious.

Have you figured out how best to store and retrieve concentrates yet?

I've mailed several local suppliers of cardboard and plastic containers with enquiries about compartmentalised boxes. Some are yet to get back to me, I suppose they're still on holiday. No joy yet from the ones who did reply, though.

I found a superb container online but it's in the US and would be hellishly expensive to import. But here is the basic idea:

53967p.jpg

Those ribbed slots along the sides take plastic dividers. With a divider in each slot, the box provides 8x12 rows = 96 compartments for concentrates. Each compartment is 29mm square which is pretty close, the 10ml concentrate bottles that most vendors supply are 26mm in diameter. So it's a decent fit. The box is 75mm high which is perfect as 10ml bottles are 65mm tall. Boxes also come with lids and are stackable. If I could find this locally I'd be set. But nobody seems to have them.

I guess so although I mixed mine at my usual 60/40 and it is scrumptious.

I've mailed several local suppliers of cardboard and plastic containers with enquiries about compartmentalised boxes. Some are yet to get back to me, I suppose they're still on holiday. No joy yet from the ones who did reply, though.

I found a superb container online but it's in the US and would be hellishly expensive to import. But here is the basic idea:

View attachment 80752

Those ribbed slots along the sides take plastic dividers. With a divider in each slot, the box provides 8x12 rows = 96 compartments for concentrates. Each compartment is 29mm square which is pretty close, the 10ml concentrate bottles that most vendors supply are 26mm in diameter. So it's a decent fit. The box is 75mm high which is perfect as 10ml bottles are 65mm tall. Boxes also come with lids and are stackable. If I could find this locally I'd be set. But nobody seems to have them.

Great stuff @RichJB - thanks for all your efforts.
I must say though I am hoping to find an easy solution to store them in such a way that I can see them all - but maybe that is a pipe dream because I may realise in time I don't have enough space for making them all visible....

All one needs really is a cupboard with closeable doors and lots of shelves and you can line up all the bottles at about eye height. Say you have 200 bottles at 30mm each - thats 6 metres.
So if the cupboard was 2 metres across - you would need three rows.
It doesn't have to be a very deep cupboard - just something deep enough for say up to 3 bottles behind each other.... (for stock of the same bottle)

I don't know if y'all have noticed, Richio hasn't said anything because I think he's still on holiday, but he got in a bunch of TFA and Cap no-flyers. And then some standalone calibration weights too. So at last we can make recipes with TFA Kentucky Bourbon in. And with accurate scales nogal. :D Thanks Richio, this is most welcome. :thumbup:

I don't know if y'all have noticed, Richio hasn't said anything because I think he's still on holiday, but he got in a bunch of TFA and Cap no-flyers. And then some standalone calibration weights too. So at last we can make recipes with TFA Kentucky Bourbon in. And with accurate scales nogal. :D Thanks Richio, this is most welcome. :thumbup:

and good pricing there as well

and irish cream....yeeeeah

And TFA Honeydew for those who have wanted to make up Wayne's HoneyDewwey but couldn't get all the ingredients.

I don't, heh, as I don't have a 200g weight. If you have a 200g weight (500g for the 500g scale), then you turn it on, hold down the Units button until it flashes CAL and 200 and then put the weight on the scale. It will read PASS and off you go, done. This is for the cheaper type of scale that Richio sells, I'm not sure about other models.

Sorry, that explanation missed out a key step. This from the manual:

Calibration:
1. Reset the scale by pressing [ON/OFF] key.
2. Wait until the LCD displays "0.00" and then press and HOLD the [MODE] key for 3 seconds, the LCD will display "CAL" then release the [MODE] key.
3. Press the [MODE] key again, the LCD will display "CAL" followed by the required calibration weight.
4. Add the required calibration weight, the display will show"PASS" and return to normal weighing mode.
5. Put away the calibration weight and press [ON/OFF] to turn off the scale and the calibration is finished.

The MODE key is the Units key (lower left) on the scale.

Last edited:

R50 TFA no fliers and R65 for CAP :zpong:

@Richio absolute winner prices.

R50 TFA no fliers and R65 for CAP :zpong:

@Richio absolute winner prices.
Just as I got my order from the UK for some of those no flyers he gets it in lol.. granted I saved a good amount of money by ordering and waiting, I will pay extra to get them quicker. Great stuff

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Right, so after a mammoth mixing session that saw me use up my 10ml HDPE dropper bottles of SC2, Ripe and VBIC, I had a cunning plan. Initially I bought a bunch of concentrates from Vapeowave in the blue bottles with no droppers. I hate having to use pipettes. So I popped the old 10ml HDPE bottles into a boiling hot saline solution and soaked them for a good hour, then rinsed them and dried them off, then used a syringe to transfer some blue bottle flavours over to HDPE droppers. Now I'll use the old blue 10ml bottles to mix up single flavour testers. I love it when a plan comes together.

To honour this auspicious occasion, I have a special message to all DIYers who are struggling with blue bottle concentrates:

keep-calm-and-act-like-you-know-what-youre-doing.jpg

Just as I got my order from the UK for some of those no flyers he gets it in lol.. granted I saved a good amount of money by ordering and waiting, I will pay extra to get them quicker. Great stuff

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Where did you buy from?

Hey guys, I've got a strange problem. Now I'm going to let it steep but it's still weird. I made a lychee, mango and tangerine mix with a bit of jackfruit added. The weird thing is that as a shake and vape it was really good but after steeping overnight the profile completely changed.

This is the first time that this has happened and I'm quite confused as to what can cause such a reaction.

This is the first time I've used jackfruit but might have overdone it with the amount.

Cap Sweet Lychee at 9%,
CAP Sweet Mango 6%
CAP Sweet Tangerine 3%
TFA Jackfruit 1.6%
6 Drops of Koolada

Hey guys, I've got a strange problem. Now I'm going to let it steep but it's still weird. I made a lychee, mango and tangerine mix with a bit of jackfruit added. The weird thing is that as a shake and vape it was really good but after steeping overnight the profile completely changed.

This is the first time that this has happened and I'm quite confused as to what can cause such a reaction.

This is the first time I've used jackfruit but might have overdone it with the amount.

Cap Sweet Lychee at 9%,
CAP Sweet Mango 6%
CAP Sweet Tangerine 3%
TFA Jackfruit 1.6%
6 Drops of Koolada

As @incredible_hullk said in the other thread you posed the question in, your CAP percentages are probably too high. Maybe 6 % for the main fruit flavour and from 2% for the supporting flavours.

Damn, im not used to posting in tapatalk. Sorry for the misplaced posts.

I'm just going to post it here as well since all the masters are on here more than the other threads.

How do I get a sugar taste and feel? I want to make a grapefruit with sugar poured over.

We used to have that as kids as a desert.

Last edited:
Heh, I don't know why mixers are always trying to downplay the steep time. A recipe that contains Bav, Cream Fresh and Vienna(!!) and some say it's a shake-n-vape? I'll be steeping this for my usual eight weeks so it should be magical once I'm ready to vape it. Wayne reckons 'Sicle is a shake-n-vape. I left mine for eight weeks and the difference between then and even at two weeks was about 30%. As a shake-n-vape, it was chemical horror. Although to be fair, I did use Cly Naartjie in it, which might have been the cause. But after two months, OMG, refreshing and delicious.

Yip, my Naartjie 'sicle had a 2 week steep and the flavour difference is vast to say the least. When I had it a day or two after mixing it was so-so, it now, it is stunning. I made 100mls, so will let the balance rest for another couple of weeks to see if it improves more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi @Rude Rudi - Please could you be so kind as to confirm if your recipe is available to attempt ...?? - if so - Please confirm where I can find it.

I absolutely appreciate Naartjie and Orange Popsicles flavours and currently trying to - as a DIY - make some of the above juices.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Damn, im not used to posting in tapatalk. Sorry for the misplaced posts.

I'm just going to post it here as well since all the masters are on here more than the other threads.

How do I get a sugar taste and feel? I want to make a grapefruit with sugar poured over.

We used to have that as kids as a desert.
I believe TFA/TPA Meringue at 0.5 - 1% will give that in crusted in sugar effect. It's widely used in cereal juice for the frosted effect.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back