Calling all DIY'ers

Hi @Rude Rudi - Please could you be so kind as to confirm if your recipe is available to attempt ...?? - if so - Please confirm where I can find it.

I absolutely appreciate Naartjie and Orange Popsicles flavours and currently trying to - as a DIY - make some of the above juices.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Sure, I simply used ENYAWREKLAW's 'sicle recipe and subbed the Mandarin with CLY Naartie and the Orange with Mandarin.

The recipe can be found here http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/180174/'Sicle by [ ENYAWREKLAW ]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi @Rude Rudi - Please could you be so kind as to confirm if your recipe is available to attempt ...?? - if so - Please confirm where I can find it.

I absolutely appreciate Naartjie and Orange Popsicles flavours and currently trying to - as a DIY - make some of the above juices.

Thanking you in anticipation.
I love citrus juices. My best in Orange so far: FW Blood Orange 6%, CAP Sweet Tangerine 2%, FW Lemonade 1%

Hi @Andre - you sent me that Pina Colada Recipe from alltheflavors - that's being ordered so this Orange eJuice will be included - and really - thank you so much for your help - it's greatly greatly appreciated. :banana:

Where did you buy from?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
ChefsFlavorsUK with Royal mail postage. Took some time to get here though. About 2 months

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

4) Simply Cannoli by Tranceinate. This is already my second ADV after Funfetti. If you haven't tried this, do. It is outstanding.

Just made this, some hot tap water and a taste and it is actually quite good. Thanks for the recommendation. Will be going into my steep queue now.

I'm going to try some more of the cannoli recipes which Wayne got. I believe Goldfish's is also good. I did Tranceinate's originally because it was so well received and had Nonna's Cake which I was keen to try. It's a profile I love so I wouldn't mind having two or more cannoli recipes.

Hi @Andre - you sent me that Pina Colada Recipe from alltheflavors - that's being ordered so this Orange eJuice will be included - and really - thank you so much for your help - it's greatly greatly appreciated. :banana:

Would you mind sharing that Pina Colada recipe?

Homemade coffee and chocolate extract. 5% with 70/30 and the flavour is phenomenal. Got some toasted coconut steeping at the moment too.

lzDfIRm9HpeuCuqDAxgFcw7sgY4M75ax8opBjf1uzUPTb37MOEOIczXToGBHvKKarnoShw3eZuVS1I9uLBV1QcJzJ5g_Q0ia21gp9jB_j7PQMGHkkRH-xuE-yT0Ha7GCR0tZCE7eogsWhlhws8Px2s5l0CMlkHTyLuiEZ5yvAMyR2wI9kpqBQ74NSWkYBTS_UUMlrfO1Zhgr3h4Nvw7FUkl4kjWWDMN1nZbd_sxceEQGzCJZ64U6gL-hlKqfOfhsUf0CZVc4HaPhsTKJ-o_wHTbFkDfS8Y8FGEE8uW6EpM1scZIAlJzP82pcyNKDH1EUBfYWHGU9yDJ_JC9XienIEq3QNSuAiDWJKCuGc6hFn3ZsGJmS0m827qp5VY4zIz4kp7w6gGpj1q5Edy5L75ty2rv53caTj3b-mhchHaq3BX95B-OnbmmW3xVFiLmn_MFU6uLfcWfa0hOK77su-X7eJfmwaehJlGgH_J_KA142JJwnXFdE-cEHf0pH1UtWpe5MQKfNsB-zqCmjUheT_X6wM30_WT1jrqgmeZQOGdDEbY9FBKqbhzDr_4KM4bJRPJm2SYtrlyjhLwVGuSQlbVx2aOa9MyjDZGpD6iTndppOHBveIoCauwERTWBDLPqOwksJ0XeQ_X_VL2JPje61XFbSFzUk8sOPhskIO-rISO-HBg=w706-h950-no

I'm going to try some more of the cannoli recipes which Wayne got. I believe Goldfish's is also good. I did Tranceinate's originally because it was so well received and had Nonna's Cake which I was keen to try. It's a profile I love so I wouldn't mind having two or more cannoli recipes.

Goldfish Cannoli is tasty even at 1 day so I'm sure its a winner. I subbed with Sugar Cookie V2 @ 5% as I didn't have V1. Have some V1 in coming from Blckvapour so will see if it makes much difference.

Also some Joy and FW Hazelnut to try some more of the DOD stuff. Funfetti is first inline and I do hope it stands up to the hype (and my commercially spoiled palette)

Funfetti is the bomb. I just mixed the weirdest recipe with Joy, Dumbo Ears by Queuetue:
1% Inw Biscuit
0.5% FA Cardamom
2%(!) FA Joy
1% FA Meringue

And... that's it. 4.5% total flavouring, nearly half of which is Joy. :eek: I haven't tested it yet, will wait a few days first. If it's tasty, props to Q. I don't know too many who would use Joy at anything over 0.5%.

Funfetti is the bomb. I just mixed the weirdest recipe with Joy, Dumbo Ears by Queuetue:
1% Inw Biscuit
0.5% FA Cardamom
2%(!) FA Joy
1% FA Meringue

And... that's it. 4.5% total flavouring, nearly half of which is Joy. :eek: I haven't tested it yet, will wait a few days first. If it's tasty, props to Q. I don't know too many who would use Joy at anything over 0.5%.
That's hectic high. I tried joy out at 3% when I first got it, as that is kinda my goto single flavor % if I don't check online first. It's not actually that terrible. More spicy than bad for me, also it is like eating a candle, very waxy. Not totally unpleasant though, won't do it again, but I've had worse at 3% before

1% Inw Biscuit
0.5% FA Cardamom
2%(!) FA Joy
1% FA Meringue

I tried it. It stood in my cupboard for ages before I got the courage to taste it. Not bad at all and I am sure it is close to the real pastry. Very doughy. Unfortunately, not my taste at all. His Thai Sunset, on the other hand, I cannot get enough of. Also weird in that it uses 2.5 % of Acetyl Pyrazine.

Yeah, Q loves his AP. I also mixed up another of his - Flaky 17 - which has AP as a top note. And he now has Flaky 8 which has only a bit less AP in it. His recipes sure are different. I mean, Saffron and Lemongrass? :eek:

I just sampled the day-old Dumbo Ears now and it does have that yeasty Joy vibe which seems to be held in check by the cardamom. I'm not sure I like it yet but it's surprisingly dense for a recipe with only 4.5% total flavouring. I think it will require a decent steep to settle down. He rates it as SnV or 3-day steep but everybody does that now. They can cut to the chase and classify every recipe as a SnV that just happens to taste a lot better after a month. :D

1% Inw Biscuit
0.5% FA Cardamom
2%(!) FA Joy
1% FA Meringue

o_O
I am no very fond of Joy. Would be very interesting to know how it turns out. Please let us know.

So I got my first 10mls of INW Milk Chocolate and got rid of it within an hour. Damn, Wayne and Andre got me dropping that concentrates like its mad. Cooked up Cuprian, Chocolate Milkshake, Oreos and Andre's Mate.

Going to hide this from myself.

So I got my first 10mls of INW Milk Chocolate and got rid of it within an hour. Damn, Wayne and Andre got me dropping that concentrates like its mad. Cooked up Cuprian, Chocolate Milkshake, Oreos and Andre's Mate.

Going to hide this from myself.
Hehe, once the hiding/steeping is no longer required, give us your impressions please. Chocolate concentrates are notoriously difficult to work with.

Damn, my scale has gone to the great mixing lab in the sky. Turned it on this morning and it wouldn't settle, even with nothing on the scale the display showed weights that just yo-yoed up and down. If I tared, it would show zero and then start yo-yoing again. I tried recalibrating, swapping out batteries, charging batteries and it's no go. I think something fried inside. That's the second MH scale (the cheap ones with the five buttons) that hasn't worked properly but I'm not too fussed. I paid R120 for it and it's not like you can expect a precision instrument for that. I think I'll give Richio's R240 scale a try. Anybody use that one? I figure that if it's more expensive, it will be better quality and/or more durable.

Damn, my scale has gone to the great mixing lab in the sky. Turned it on this morning and it wouldn't settle, even with nothing on the scale the display showed weights that just yo-yoed up and down. If I tared, it would show zero and then start yo-yoing again. I tried recalibrating, swapping out batteries, charging batteries and it's no go. I think something fried inside. That's the second MH scale (the cheap ones with the five buttons) that hasn't worked properly but I'm not too fussed. I paid R120 for it and it's not like you can expect a precision instrument for that. I think I'll give Richio's R240 scale a try. Anybody use that one? I figure that if it's more expensive, it will be better quality and/or more durable.
I have it in use for the last 6 months. Never got a problem with it

I have it as well. Works well most of the time. There is the odd day that it acts up and gives incorrect readings (no idea why it happens, sometimes it won't register when you've added your drops).

@Faheem777, strangely I also got that sometimes on my previous scale. Usually, it would register with the first or second drop. But sometimes the display just stuck on 0.00. I would always count the drops and knew that each drop was around 0.025g. So I would turn the scale off, switch and reinsert the batteries, then turn it back on again. Then it would usually work and I'd just do the mental arithmetic to subtract the number of drops I'd already added. It's disturbing if this more expensive scale does it as well, I thought it would be limited to the cheapest ones. Mind you, R240 is also bargain basement price for a scale. I think they're all pretty much China mall specials at these prices. Anyhow, I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

I have an extra R120 jobbie if you want it, just cost you shipping which I guess doesn't translate to much of a saving. Just got the SF-830 and it does jump from zero - 0.04g or there about after the second drop only.

They are really cheap scales, but I guess they are more or less suited to our application (thank you china). The company I work for is one of the top weighing solution manufactures in the world... Our baseline indicator is upwards of R80K and a platform/load cell anywhere from R50K into 6 figures. Got one of these on loan and it reads down to three decimal places, but will probably need to give it back at some stage.

Thanks very much for the offer @Polar but I'll order an SF-830 from Blck and see how it goes. I don't mind the jumping to 0.04 on the second drop - as long as it does jump and doesn't stay stuck on 0.00 when I've already done five or six drops. I have a 500g 0.1g MH to use in the meantime although that doesn't register anything below 0.3g. I was quite impressed with how accurate it is, though. I got my calibration weight yesterday and checked it today - it shows 199.8g for the 200g weight, which is easily near enough. Especially considering that I make a number of Wayne's recipes where I use 1.036g per ml of concentrate and Wayne himself just uses 1. And even my 1.036 is rough, some are more, some less. As long as it's in the ballpark, it's all good.

Back