Calling all DIY'ers

Darnit, and again with the steeping time thing. I mixed up botboy's Vicious Vanilla in mid-October. I started vaping it in early Dec and it was OK but nothing special. So it sat on my desk and, over time, shifted further and further to the back of the bunch of juice bottles that I drip from. I found it hiding at the back this morning and gave it a vape. Holy cow, this stuff is the business. From "meh, not bad" to "I might have found an ADV". And all it took was time. More than three months is quite hefty for a steep but it's been worth it. I'm smaaking this broken atm.

Darnit, and again with the steeping time thing. I mixed up botboy's Vicious Vanilla in mid-October. I started vaping it in early Dec and it was OK but nothing special. So it sat on my desk and, over time, shifted further and further to the back of the bunch of juice bottles that I drip from. I found it hiding at the back this morning and gave it a vape. Holy cow, this stuff is the business. From "meh, not bad" to "I might have found an ADV". And all it took was time. More than three months is quite hefty for a steep but it's been worth it. I'm smaaking this broken atm.
I made some in about Oct as well. After 3 weeks it was , as you said, Just OK. At 1.5 months still OK but nothing special. By now I might have tossed it out. Will look later.

@acorn - 30/12/15 - Page 29 of this thread.

Hi @acorn - I made this
✅Halls Cherry - Frm/DIY/Pg 29
Cherry Blast FW - 8%
Koolada (10 PG) TFA - 2%
Ethyl Maltol TFA - 2%
Menthol TFA - 1%
65/35 - 0mg - 25ml - Kangertech Subtank Mini - RBA - 2.5ID - 6 Wraps - Ni80 - 0.41Ohms - 27W on eVic VTwo Mini.

And what a painfull throat hit - no cherry flavour at all - this is feedback and not "Knocking" anything - please - is there anything you can suggest for a little easier on the throat - some what more Cherry and a little more sweeter - thank you and look forward to your soonest comments.

Copy @Rude Rudi @Andre @Soutie @Huffapuff @KZOR @RichJB @Rooigevaar

@Max, appeciate the feedback, it's been a while since I made this, deffinetaly remember the Cherry (more candy) taste and can't explain the absence of the cherry in your mix, as for throat hit, I enjoy my throat hit especially with Menthol and Tobacco's but can't recall it been "painfull" though. At the time I made this in 12mg which I still do in my Tobacco's and some Fruit/menthols recipe's.

No Problem @acorn - just made a fresh batch and toned down the Menthol and Koolada - added some CAP Super Sweet as per above and just letting it steep for a few days - will give you some feedback soon.

Near as I can figure, a drop of concentrate from a standard 10ml HDPE dropper as used by most DIY vendors is around 0.02-0.025g. It will vary according to the specific gravity of the flavour itself. But I generally find that four drops will move the scale to around 0.09g. That's a ballpark but it shouldn't be seriously out.

Hi @KZOR - The 0.2% equates to 0.05g of Menthol TFA in the mixing of a 25ml batch - 0mg Nic - @ 65/35. Somewhere I read that the weight of a drop of eLiquid concentrate is approximately 0.035g - or Menthol's Specific weight is 0.92g/ml.

So - to round of a touch - this batch's recipe could alternatively read "1 Drop per 15ml".

What do you think.

Thank You @RichJB - I re - did that Halls Cherry but somehow the scale didn't register until about the 9th drop of Menthol - I've just smelt the bottle and all I can smell is Menthol - so now it's going to be better for me to count drops for the lower percentage concentrates. Thank You and copy @KZOR

Scales have a nasty habit of doing that. When measuring such tiny quantities, I generally go by drops anyway, using the values I provided. I would add 2 drops to get to 0.05. If it doesn't register in the juice, you can always add two drops again.

Scales have a nasty habit of doing that. When measuring such tiny quantities, I generally go by drops anyway, using the values I provided. I would add 2 drops to get to 0.05. If it doesn't register in the juice, you can always add two drops again.
For anyone that is living in or near Mbay the Vape Store here are decided to stock concentrates they will launch it tomorrow. The website will only be operational tomorrow. No need to wait weeks to stock upp on a order can just pop in buy what I need. So now we have consentrates and the sea live is good

For anyone that is living in or near Mbay the Vape Store here are decided to stock concentrates they will launch it tomorrow. The website will only be operational tomorrow. No need to wait weeks to stock upp on a order can just pop in buy what I need. So now we have consentrates and the sea live is good

Attachments

• wp_ss_20170121_0015.png
    wp_ss_20170121_0015.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 32
I have had many flops when trying my own creations. But here is a nice recipe I made. My first own creation that really turned out nice, in my opinion anyway.

Have you ever had a Custard Slice made from Cream Crackers? Here is a juice that emulates this:

"Cream Cracker Custard Slice"

Amount made: 100ml
VG/PG ratio: 60/40
VG Dilutant: 43.33ml
PG Dilutant: 19ml
Nicotine, 6mg: 16.67ml (VG)
Butterscotch TFA 1% 1ml
DX Graham Cracker TFA 3% 3ml
DX Vanilla Cupcake TFA 6% 6ml
French Vanilla TFA 4% 4ml
Vanilla Custard TFA 5% 5ml
Vanilla Swirl TFA 3% 3ml

Steeping time, 4 to 6 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I have @Waine - my mom used to make me a span of this during my Boarding School days - even those Coconut Date Slices - awesome stuff - so I will be procuring those concentrates I don't have.

I have had many flops when trying my own creations. But here is a nice recipe I made. My first own creation that really turned out nice, in my opinion anyway.

Have you ever had a Custard Slice made from Cream Crackers? Here is a juice that emulates this:

"Cream Cracker Custard Slice"

Amount made: 100ml
VG/PG ratio: 60/40
VG Dilutant: 43.33ml
PG Dilutant: 19ml
Nicotine, 6mg: 16.67ml (VG)
Butterscotch TFA 1% 1ml
DX Graham Cracker TFA 3% 3ml
DX Vanilla Cupcake TFA 6% 6ml
French Vanilla TFA 4% 4ml
Vanilla Custard TFA 5% 5ml
Vanilla Swirl TFA 3% 3ml

Steeping time, 4 to 6 weeks.

Sounds delish! 22% flavour seems very high though...? I'll do a test batch and perhaps drop some %'s.
Did you make various versions and settled on this one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would like to esquire something, is it allowed to organize meetups where DIYers can taste each others creations or even organize a mixing session with a bunch of DIYers as I believe there would be much to benefit from such an event. ( Maybe I am late to the party and this already exists )

I would like to esquire something, is it allowed to organize meetups where DIYers can taste each others creations or even organize a mixing session with a bunch of DIYers as I believe there would be much to benefit from such an event. ( Maybe I am late to the party and this already exists )

It's been brought up before.

The initial comment was to do DIY classes, but after some discussion, the general consensus was more towards DIY meetups.

Just no-one has taken the initiative... yet.

It's been brought up before.

The initial comment was to do DIY classes, but after some discussion, the general consensus was more towards DIY meetups.

Just no-one has taken the initiative... yet.
This should become a thing!!! I think we should start this, if every region (East Rand myself) could have a group of some kind, that would be great. A consensus could be taken within the group on what events could be held, one month it could be mixing, one month it could be tasting or even a trade event

This should become a thing!!! I think we should start this, if every region (East Rand myself) could have a group of some kind, that would be great. A consensus could be taken within the group on what events could be held, one month it could be mixing, one month it could be tasting or even a trade event
Organise it and they will come....

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Mystic Nectar hosted one in Pretoria Fuzed Vape Lounge if I remember correctly. Quite interesting as he lets the people vote on the next flavour he adds to his collection.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

+1 for the East

paging Dr @Dietz

+1 From the East rand for me too

Sounds delish! 22% flavour seems very high though...? I'll do a test batch and perhaps drop some %'s.
Did you make various versions and settled on this one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there. I just tried this off the bat and it worked. It was that Eureka moment by accident. Yes the percentages do seem high, but these are all TFA, which are on the weak side. The reason why I shared this one was because it was really a great success. I get sick of ejuices very quickly, including my own ideas. But this is really a winner. You can reduce the percentages a bit and experiment.

Man, how badly does the First Rule suck? I was looking forward to the recipes from the First Round of Wayne's World Mixing competition, because:
1) It's pure fruits, which I don't mix much and would like to try more of, and
2) It was a max of three flavours from
3) Only the Big Five of TFA, FA, FW, Cap, Inw

With more than 160 flavours in my arsenal, I figured there'd be a bunch of new stuff I could try. Well, of the 28 recipes posted, I can make... two. Luckily, one of them is the top-rated recipe of the first round, Chapel's Deep Passion. The other is boogenshizzle's Strapplactus, which didn't make it through but did receive positive comments from the judges. So at least I should get two good recipes.

Wayne is really pushing the contestants. For the next round, they have three days to come up with a candy that emulates a real-life candy already on the market, only uses four flavours max (plus Sweetener if they want), and only uses Cap or TFA flavours. That should throw up some really good recipes which I'll again be watching closely as candies is another profile I'd like to expand. But, of course, it will be Jolly Ranchers, Hershey bars, Tootsie Rolls and other stuff we don't get here and thus have no reference for.

The chances of me being able to mix any of the recipes is almost zero. I don't have any Cap candy flavours - no Double Choc, no mints, no Marshmallow, nor Jelly Candy, Caramel, Bubble Gum, Taffy, Milk Chocolate Toffee, nada. All my Cap stuff is creams, bakeries, fruits. I wish they'd gone FW instead, at least I have some of their candies. Oh well.

Last edited:
@RichJB it sounds like you going to break your new years resolution of not buying new concentrates and cutting down on what you have.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back