Calling all mixers

kimbo

Flavor Junky
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi

I need some advice please. Here is the problem i have.

When you cook and the food is spiced just right but there is still something short, just to give it that little linger on the tongue you add a few drops of vinegar and bob's your uncle

What do you add to juice to get that same effect?

My NET is very nice now, i just need that little something to let it stick on the tongue after you exhale.

Hi

I need some advice please. Here is the problem i have.

When you cook and the food is spiced just right but there is still something short, just to give it that little linger on the tongue you add a few drops of vinegar and bob's your uncle

What do you add to juice to get that same effect?

My NET is very nice now, i just need that little something to let it stick on the tongue after you exhale.

I don't really know kimbo, but I might be mistaken, but read somewhere that mixologists use a couple drops of saline solution for that exact reason. Sure the fundies will come to your resque soon.

I have used 1% ethyl maltol in all my mixes for past 6 weeks. I believe this reduces the flavour a tad but really smooths out the final result. So I am near 20% of flavouring in all my juice now. I can attest to this and my friends are vaping my juice and they say it's good. :D

Jip 1 or 2 drops of vinegar per 10ml of a tobacco juice makes it "pop" just a bit more so does a drop or 2 of lemon juice will give a bit more tang in fruit mixes. I believe a few drops of saline solution also helps with mouth feel but haven't tried it yet. As @capetocuba mentions EM is a must have in your mixing box to knock the edges off a rough mix.

@capetocuba, please kindly share where I can get the ethyl maltol
Candy floss flavour is normally mostly EM. I got mine from @Oupa. A little bottle lasts quite long as I add 2 drops per 10ml of juice. @drew from valley vapour also sells EM if I'm not mistaken. You can try getting EM crystals to dissolve in PG yourself from chem companies but them you need to buy kilograms of the stuff.

I put 10% in bottle and add 90% PG, warm up on stove top in boiling water, a good shake and bob's your auntie.

Ooooh sorry :blush:. I am referring to ethyl maltol in crystal form. 10% by volume. I am no professor, but its an "eyeball" measurement.

10ml of ethanol, in 17ml of propylene glycol. Got this from Google

I can see that 500gram will last a wile

@capetocuba, please kindly share where I can get the ethyl maltol
Skyblue vaping sells it in crystal form. in PG you can get about 12.5% solution if you stir a lot, and apply a small amount of heat.
from this 12.5% solution, you can use 1 drop per ml of net. then use the resulting net at 10-15% in final mix.

no i don't. if you do just ad less or get the filtered cider vinegar. i got some wine vinegar that i am going to try in my next juice

Back