Can anyone help with an ice cream base that taste like icecream?

TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. CAP Sweet Strawberry. Done. For interest sake some TFA Vanilla swirl, and TFA Smooth for mouth feel.

Oooh... I personally like aroun 4 percent VBic, 2 pecent Vanilla Swirl, 4 to 6 percent Strawberry, and for mouth feel around 0.25 percent TFA Smooth. Add 2 percent sucralose and thank me later hehehe... EDIT: 3 days steep for first taste done in 7

Thats a lot of muting waiting to happen right there 3 creams PLUS 2 Ice creams wow a tad excessive and a tad too complex for an ice cream IMO

@KZOR, just a quick question: for FA Sweet Cream, you mean Fa (TFA)? Generally, which Sweet Cream would you recommend - TFA, Cap or FW? I don't have one atm and want to get a versatile and good one as I don't want all three. My gut says TFA but I am open to suggestion.

@KZOR, just a quick question: for FA Sweet Cream, you mean Fa (TFA)? Generally, which Sweet Cream would you recommend - TFA, Cap or FW? I don't have one atm and want to get a versatile and good one as I don't want all three. My gut says TFA but I am open to suggestion.

I like them in this order: FW / TFA / CAP - but they're all good and have different uses.

If I was only getting one, probably FW, although there are more recipes that use TFA.

Thanks, @method1. Do they generally sub quite well or should one be wary of throwing the taste off? I've heard Wayne saying that the VBICs sub quite readily, I'm hoping it's the same for Sweet Cream.

Thanks, @method1. Do they generally sub quite well or should one be wary of throwing the taste off? I've heard Wayne saying that the VBICs sub quite readily, I'm hoping it's the same for Sweet Cream.

Hmm.. well for subbing I've found FW or even CAP does generally work when TFA is required, but they definitely each put their own spin on things. Usually doesn't ruin a recipe - which is a successful sub I suppose :p

I find the less you complicate recipes, the better they turn out. I normally just split into 2, 3 or 4 ingredients depending on what I am looking for.
I find a lot of concentrates are now doing "rounded/full" flavour profiles. For example, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. It has vanilla nuance, creaminess, sweetness and body all-in-one.
With this said, a great starting point is good 'ol Fizzmustards Strawberries and Cream http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/104221/Mustard Milk - Simple Strawberries and Cream

Back