Can This Work?

Morning @TylerD I see you up early

I had a thought "again" last night regarding the buttun pressing but acsident

What abouut this

b.jpg

You grind the pipe bowl down a little and make a topcap that will fit there, and make a hole in the topcap so that you press the button through the hole. The topcap s seccured down with two o-rings just to keep it tight. I think this way the buttun is also kept more into place

Morning @TylerD I see you up early

I had a thought "again" last night regarding the buttun pressing but acsident

What abouut this

b.jpg

You grind the pipe bowl down a little and make a topcap that will fit there, and make a hole in the topcap so that you press the button through the hole. The topcap s seccured down with two o-rings just to keep it tight. I think this way the buttun is also kept more into place
That is about how I will make mine, but theres no need for a magnet at the top. You can use a normal metal disc. And instaed of the O-rings you can just do 4 x magnets to keep the top on.
Did you have a look at the video I posted in my first post? Have a look. It is almost like this.

That is about how I will make mine, but theres no need for a magnet at the top. You can use a normal metal disc. And instaed of the O-rings you can just do 4 x magnets to keep the top on.
Did you have a look at the video I posted in my first post? Have a look. It is almost like this.

Very cool, i did watch some yesterday but got distracted. I watshed it now, make me wich i could work with my hands again so i could make one

@kimbo the e-pipe switch can be anywhere, some manufacturers put it on the side. I think its just easier for manufacturing and/or for looks that most put it on the top.

More Ω

I just think to have a button other than on top wll be more natural

More Ω

I just think to have a button other than on top wll be more natural

More kimbo :) - I think it all depend how you use to hold your tobacco pipe and what is most comfortable to you.

More kimbo :) - I think it all depend how you use to hold your tobacco pipe and what is most comfortable to you.

I just thought if you press the button like a mech with your pinky it will be more comfortable than sticking your thumb in the bowl

I just thought if you press the button like a mech with your pinky it will be more comfortable than sticking your thumb in the bowl

There are many ways to accomplish this, if you're interested I can send you a simple schematic diagram (using only 3 electronic components) and you can use a tiny-tiny switch.

In my first pipe attempt I tried using a mechanical lip activated switch as shown in the picture below. It didnt work all that well - got too hot at the contact point and was very uncomfortable, didn't want to scorch what is meant to kiss my wife.

I ditched that idea and fitted a simple tact switch on the side of the bowl - will take pictures of it - don't have my pipe with me. Sorry.

A simple tact switch can be combined with Johan's 3 element circuit with no problem at all - or you can use it alone without any electronics with a slight risk that it coud be fried by too much current. I havent had any problems with it at all using it without electronics.

The little red circle shows where i drilled the switch into the bowl - right where your thumb would rest - if you are right handed that is. It is recessed into the wood and cannot be activated when carrying in your pocket. Switches super easy and has a distinct "click" feeling when activated. It just works.

Switchposition.jpg

Back