Can vaping certain flavours aggravate heartburn???

Spongebob

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
So this is for the more medically minded/more experienced vapers??? I suffer with constant heartburn/indegestion daily and take 40mg of Nexiam for this daily, which is also one of the reasons my GP recommended i quit smoking!!! I have the hernia around the windpipe too (mantelvliesbreuk) although still very small So i swallowed the camera to check (all 100% ok inside), checked for gallstones, also all clear so doc says the nicotine in the ciggies activate the peptides in the tummy which then in turn causes excess acid that pushes up and causes the heartburn

Now my question to the more experienced guys is, does vaping certain flavours/strengths or different vaping styles also cause/aggravate the heartburn?!!

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

So this is for the more medically minded/more experienced vapers??? I suffer with constant heartburn/indegestion daily and take 40mg of Nexiam for this daily, which is also one of the reasons my GP recommended i quit smoking!!! I have the hernia around the windpipe too (mantelvliesbreuk) although still very small So i swallowed the camera to check (all 100% ok inside), checked for gallstones, also all clear so doc says the nicotine in the ciggies activate the peptides in the tummy which then in turn causes excess acid that pushes up and causes the heartburn

Now my question to the more experienced guys is, does vaping certain flavours/strengths or different vaping styles also cause/aggravate the heartburn?!!

Our juice also contains that stuff. I've also suffered a lot of times when still on the ciggies, it had been a lot less now with vaping but some days it still flares up. Not sure if a specific flavour is to blame as I change frequently and tend not to revisit a flavour. Granted I vape a lot less than some of the guys around here.

Citrus flavors give me heartburn, i am on Losec for heartburn and i only get it when i vape citrus flavors

For me anything more than 5ml of something like double apple and I get heartburn like clockwork.
Thats I try stay away from sour fruity vapes. Don't know if anyone else can relate but definitely for me

In most cases heartburn is not caused by too much acid but rather a lack of stomach acid, what comes up is not acid but rather undigested food. You need to take a serious look at your diet. Getting in more spices like cayenne pepper, cinnamon, turmeric and ginger will help in most cases, also apple cider vinegar works wonders.

In most cases heartburn is not caused by too much acid but rather a lack of stomach acid, what comes up is not acid but rather undigested food. You need to take a serious look at your diet. Getting in more spices like cayenne pepper, cinnamon, turmeric and ginger will help in most cases, also apple cider vinegar works wonders.
Spot on, a doctor me the same thing, weird, aint it? I always thought it was too much acid...

@BumbleBee so in other words vape more juice with Cinnamon Danish Swirl haha
lol, hey if it works then who am I to argue :p

But seriously, after changing to a high fat low carb diet we as a family have eliminated so many ailments including some pretty serious "acid reflux", it was so bad that I couldn't sleep lying down. What we thought we knew about heartburn was totally wrong. Gaviscon, Rennies etc only treat the symptoms, you need to find the cause and eliminate that. Causes are 9 times out of 10 gluten, carbohydrates and sugar.

Spot on, a doctor me the same thing, weird, aint it? I always thought it was too much acid...
What's weird is that a doctor told you that, they're usually all to happy just writing a prescription for treating the symptoms. Stick with that doctor ;)

Ok? Now im intrigued.... so taking the meds everyday actually aggravates the problem instead of alleviating it???? as the meds lower the amount of acid in the tummy???

I would also like to know more abt the diet mentioned???

Does that also mean my newfound strawberry and watermelon flavours that i like so much are out???

I had heart burn when I vaped too much Orange flavour, doesn't seem to happen when I vape lemon creams though so perhaps it depends on other factors as well (or it was coincidence at the time).

Anyway I did sone reading and yes vaping certain flavours does seem to agrevate heart burn for some. This is all anecdotal though, haven't found any actual published research. Orange flavour seemed to be a common suspect.

Ok? Now im intrigued.... so taking the meds everyday actually aggravates the problem instead of alleviating it???? as the meds lower the amount of acid in the tummy???

I would also like to know more abt the diet mentioned???

LCHF, google it ;)

Lchf???

This is true LCHF: Basics. The abbreviation stands for Low Carb High Fat and the very simple basics are to minimize the carbs in your food and try to exchange the energy to fat instead. The protein should (or could) stay roughly the same.

Guys? I've found that vaping minty or menthol flavours aggravates my heartburn but i so like them for the "icy" kick or hit it gives in the back of the throat are there any other flavours i can try with a nice throat hit? Maybe something with a peppery flavour or something similar?

Guys? I've found that vaping minty or menthol flavours aggravates my heartburn but i so like them for the "icy" kick or hit it gives in the back of the throat are there any other flavours i can try with a nice throat hit? Maybe something with a peppery flavour or something similar?

FA (Flavour Art) has a concentrate called "Flash hit enhancer", which is supposed to add throat hit. Have not seen that available locally though. Another option is to just vape higher nic. And do follow @BumbleBee's advice re the LCHF diet - it has totally weaned me from Nexiam.

FA (Flavour Art) has a concentrate called "Flash hit enhancer", which is supposed to add throat hit. Have not seen that available locally though. Another option is to just vape higher nic. And do follow @BumbleBee's advice re the LCHF diet - it has totally weaned me from Nexiam.
18+ months so far and not a single hint of heartburn, not even once! And we're eating some pretty spicy foods.

Vaping Red Hot Cinnamon Peppermint Lime Coffee Menthol? Bring it on :p

I have noticed cinnamon flavours do enhance throat hit a bit

@Spongebob, LCHF=Atkins diet=Hunter gatherer diet=Caveman’s diet if

I’m not totally wrong. I can post it for you here but not tonight.......I need to dig it up first.
Not Atkins, Atkins=High Protein
High Protein=Liver Damage

LCHF=Low Carb High Fat

Not Atkins, Atkins=High Protein
High Protein=Liver Damage

LCHF=Low Carb High Fat
i.e. Banting or the Tim Noakes diet
I have also seen how well Golden Paste (turmeric, coconut oil, ground pepper) works. I successfully treat my horses and doglets, one with an extremely sensitive tummy, together with apple cider vinegar and ceyenne pepper. Good muti that.

Back