Vaping and Tummies

I know a guy who gets the runs whenever he vapes white chocolate. Who really knows how these things work...
I just want to sh!t myself when I see some of the gear and juice prices

But then it enters the bloodstream and circulates through the body. The weaker or should I say sensitive organs might suffer the wrath of the mysterious cloud

Point taken.

Thanks peeps for all the valued feedback! Will certainly consider all of it. For those that mentioned IBS, please advise what treatment options were prescribed or do you take? I would also not rule out stress because my daily 9-5 being a professional/private banker certainly does come with a motherload of stress.....

On a sidenote, I did mix a batch of max VG (13/87) and it does seem to be much better on the tummy, so PG could also contribute?

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk
I’m sure you could see this coming. Are you sure it’s not from the cookies? :p
upload_2021-3-14_6-38-36.jpeg

Thanks peeps for all the valued feedback! Will certainly consider all of it. For those that mentioned IBS, please advise what treatment options were prescribed or do you take? I would also not rule out stress because my daily 9-5 being a professional/private banker certainly does come with a motherload of stress.....

On a sidenote, I did mix a batch of max VG (13/87) and it does seem to be much better on the tummy, so PG could also contribute?

hi thanks for the info on the max VG

Saying that you are not ingesting the chemicals is true, however it is still entering the blood and lymph system which in turn services every single part of your body

See extract below:

But what about skin penetration?
Let me be clear: propylene glycol is one of the ingredients that penetrates skin but “absorption through the skin is minimal.” Since PG itself is safe to ingest (it’s either excreted in the urine or it breaks down in the blood to form lactic acid, which is naturally produced by your body, toxicity isn’t really an issue. The only cases where PG getting into the blood stream caused a problem occurred when PG-containing creams where applied to large areas of burned skin. That makes sense since burned skin would be missing the outer protective layer. In these cases mild lactic acidosis and serum hyperosmolality were observed. There are certainly no problems when low levels of PG are applied to healthy, intact skin.

and I am just using PG as an example. If it can penetrate skin then it surely will pass through the alveoli and into the blood stream.

Different concentrations will have a differing reaction. Maybe max VG will constipate you.
And as suggested, I have been very constipated the last couple of days

Anyone else have a niggly tummy that vaping aggravates? I have even made some lifestyle changes like switching from normal to rooibos tea, to avoid the caffeine, and switched to vaping 5mg, down from 12mg, unflavored to assess if the flavors or nicotine aggravate it but still no joy After vaping my tummy gets really angry and most times I have to visit the loo. It's difficult to describe, it's pain, cramping, indigestion, funny noises, all combined. Just remembered , I also burp a lot after vaping it also seems to happen in bouts, flaring up for a good while and then for a looong time it's OK again?

Then again, besides vaping, most other activities also upset my tummy.....drinking tea, eating, wearing undies too tight, etc etc etc I currently use alkaline powder and omeprazole daily but doesn't really seem to help?

Maybe some of the medically minded can weigh in here? IBS? Functional Dyspepsia? (Dr Google )

I have some of the same issues now for over a month. And it also feels vape related. Some days I cant even vape. it burns my throat, taste funny etc. And this is juices I vaped for years, same nic etc.
Even went to Dr two weeks ago as I struggled to breathe, they did all kinds of tests and could not find problem, so again I'm back to thinking its vape related.
A client of mine also started having problems. He is an old man and went back to ciggies and within a day felt better.

Edit
Since I joined this forum you often see people all of a sudden selling all their stuff and saying medical reasons. Unfortunately they never came and told us what problems they were experiencing. Maybe scared of the backlash.

Last edited:
IBS or doctor speak for we have no idea what is wrong but your stomach hates you...

Have had it for years now and there is no pattern or help.

On youtube I saw that Vaping with Vic has a vid that talks about his problems with his intestine. He mentions IBS and Crohn's and his interaction with his Drs.

No mention at all of a link with vaping.

@Spongebob I've just come across something interesting - a claim that VG and PG affect the gut. Read here.

The researchers exposed gut cells directly to vapour. How exactly does this mimic real-life usage?

This is the reverse of one of the oldest jokes in the book: for all the good those suppositories did, I should have stuck them up my arse.

Only medicine allergies and beestings

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
I have some of the same issues now for over a month. And it also feels vape related. Some days I cant even vape. it burns my throat, taste funny etc. And this is juices I vaped for years, same nic etc.
Even went to Dr two weeks ago as I struggled to breathe, they did all kinds of tests and could not find problem, so again I'm back to thinking its vape related.
A client of mine also started having problems. He is an old man and went back to ciggies and within a day felt better.

Edit
Since I joined this forum you often see people all of a sudden selling all their stuff and saying medical reasons. Unfortunately they never came and told us what problems they were experiencing. Maybe scared of the backlash.
I've been vaping 100%PG juice for about a month. Tobacco seems to be the best flavour because it hides the hospital tase to an extent. Most of not all the symptoms I had disappeared almost instantly.(in about two days) I knew what my issue was I just refused to acknowledge it because there wasn't much choice when buying VG. And as for going back to smoking... You'll feel better the first few days ,but that's just the first few days. All the other days that the chemical build up starts getting worse and starts affecting you and you wonder why did I start smoking again. So PG it is for me

@Spongebob
Fixed your thread title for you. Sorry, just couldn't look at that word anymore. It was haunting me in my sleep....lol

In relation to vaping and allergies. Perhaps a PG allergy but the symptoms are different? Small doses of either PG or VG won't trigger the allergy. But remember this is an allergy and not the actual Ingredient being harmful in any way. PG, VG and concentrate are very safe food grade products by themselves. Nicotine at the diluted levels we vape it are as safe as drinking a cup of coffee. And why vaping is 95% safer than smoking!

https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2017/02/vapers-pg-allergy-sensitivity.html

Me personally? I've had problems with nasty diverticulitis flare ups (same as IBS) all my life regular hospital admissions the lot. Since I've started vaping 4 years ago it's completely absent. My reasoning? Being a heavy ex smoker and getting tons of chemicals thru cigarettes it weakens the immune system and the same chemicals also spreads thru your body system and undoubtably causes mayhem with your health. Not so since vaping. Stress and IBS goes hand in hand. As does IBS and incorrect diet.

Last edited:
I've been vaping 100%PG juice for about a month. Tobacco seems to be the best flavour because it hides the hospital tase to an extent. Most of not all the symptoms I had disappeared almost instantly.(in about two days) I knew what my issue was I just refused to acknowledge it because there wasn't much choice when buying VG. And as for going back to smoking... You'll feel better the first few days ,but that's just the first few days. All the other days that the chemical build up starts getting worse and starts affecting you and you wonder why did I start smoking again. So PG it is for me
Am I reading correctly? 100% PG juice?

ok, coming back to this, I have been vaping unflavored for a while now and the tummy is a 100 times better :CHUKKLING: but as soon as I vape flavored it acts up again, so what's up with that??? :O so it seems the flavor additives upset my tummy? Does anyone know of a natural way to flavor juice? Unflavored can become a bit boring??? :facepalm: like maybe adding a drop of lemon juice to a bottle of unfavored or something similar?:wave1:

ok, coming back to this, I have been vaping unflavored for a while now and the tummy is a 100 times better :CHUKKLING: but as soon as I vape flavored it acts up again, so what's up with that??? :O so it seems the flavor additives upset my tummy? Does anyone know of a natural way to flavor juice? Unflavored can become a bit boring??? :facepalm: like maybe adding a drop of lemon juice to a bottle of unfavored or something similar?:wave1:

Let us know if you try it!

Challenging!

Try unsweetened flavoured juice.

Is it all and any flavours like fruit and desserts and tobaccos or a particular one?

I personally tend to avoid desserts because I’m allergic to peanuts and in a lot of desserts and coffees they put an ingredient called AP (acetyl pyrazine) which is a natural nut derivative and it affects my tastebuds and I taste nothing pretty soon.

Is it all and any flavours like fruit and desserts and tobaccos or a particular one?

I personally tend to avoid desserts because I’m allergic to peanuts and in a lot of desserts and coffees they put an ingredient called AP (acetyl pyrazine) which is a natural nut derivative and it affects my tastebuds and I taste nothing pretty soon.

@Paul33 If it initiated an allergic response that could be medically dangerous, couldn't it? I've come across two (I think) coffees, which had warnings on the bottle about nut allergies. One would think that all juice which contains acetyl pyrazine should contain a warning.

Back