Can you say WOW?

Way back when gearshifts was still done the old-fashioned way

On May the 1st 1994 Tamburello took what only God could give ;(
Ayrton Senna at his very best

Now THATS racing.
I dont even watch F1 anymore. Its a bloody skylectrix

After Senna's death it wsa hard for me to watch, but I loved the Hakkinen/Schumacher duels. When Hakkinen retired I lost interest. Don't read anything wrong into this, but when my team, McLaren, signed a "windgat" like Hamilton I gave up watching. I just can't like the guy. So I only started watching again last year. Missed out on many years of racing. Quite enjoying the fight that Verstappen is bringing to Hamilton and Mercedes though, and having Ricardo in a McLaren is good for me. He brings back some of the old days' "fun factor" to the sport. I remember Hakkinen on his monocycle up and down the pit lane. Good old days.

I remember watching this move live and jumping out of my seat when Hakkinen too Schumacher after a flat-out Eu Rouge section!

I remember watching this move live and jumping out of my seat when Hakkinen too Schumacher after a flat-out Eu Rouge section!

Now THATS racing. Not the diluted excuse of GP that we have today.

When Talent shined, not the make of the car

The reason I gave up Motor(car) racing;
215799_20415819288_6216_n.jpg

226569_20415784288_7212_n.jpg

It's all good ... I not only survived, I evolved, with my life changing for the better :inlove: ... I still race off road bikes tho' :facepalm:

I never owned my own bike.
I owned a few bicycles. Always borrowed bikes.
Last week I took a buddies bike around the block. Nothing fancy just a small semi off road. He held on to the helmet and I figured you only need one if you crash anyways:D:D:D

Can't make out the written parts, but that looks hectic

I'll have to remove the newspaper from the frame in my garage to get a better pic of the text for you;)

It certainly was friggen hectic ... Bruce Kernick tried to overtake me on the inside of the original Kyalami Clubhouse corner, and slid into me, and as his wheels touched mine, he was catapulted at his, plus my speed, (that was a +-180Km/hr corner), 360Km/hr over my head, ripping off my left back suspension, (if you look carefully you'll see my left back wheel at some 45 degrees), and I went into a spin ending up on the exit line hidden by the crash barrier, Basil Mann managed to nip past me nanoseconds before the spinning happened, with the rest of the field coming around the corner and suddenly seeing me directly in front of them ... and the f#$% fest continued ...

I never owned my own bike.
I owned a few bicycles. Always borrowed bikes.
Last week I took a buddies bike around the block. Nothing fancy just a small semi off road. He held on to the helmet and I figured you only need one if you crash anyways:D:D:D
It's funny ... until you smack something :facepalm:, as I have a few times too many :rolleyes:

Back