Cancer after 6 years of vaping.

Thanks guys. I love SA and don't want to diss it ever but we are now so glad to be in Portugal in this time of crises.
Portugal is at the forefront of the most up to date cancer treatments in the world. The IPO Oncology Hospital in Porto where my wife is been treated was the first hospital to use the Radio Surgery method with great success.

Sorry to bant but I must praise this hospital. It is a government hospital so treatment is free of charge. They even supply my wife with food during her treatments. Hell....Lamb shanks, roast potatoes and veggies. For free. I have to go out to the canteen to buy the same for €3.00. What a bargain.

All special soaps to use beforehand and creams and gargling stuff is supplied for free. They even gave her a gown and slippers for free. There is even a hostel where she could stay for free with 5 meals a day (Porras eat 4 small meals a day and 1 big one) with transport to the hospital and back. I could have stayed with her but no food so we declined. No 7 weeks of MacBurgers for me.

The system is all automated and after your team of docs determine your treatment and dose of radiation and chemo, the electronic system takes over.
You will get emails every day with times and where you must go for the next day. This could be nursing, treatment, ENT etc. Every dept has a kiosk machine that prints out your day events for the day and even the future events as it may change.
The doctors have no control of this as it is automated from start. They expect you when you insert your card into the kiosk upon arrival.
Fantastic that you went all out on getting the best treatment for her! Much better than even the private hospitals here from the sounds of it.

Thanks guys. I love SA and don't want to diss it ever but we are now so glad to be in Portugal in this time of crises.
Portugal is at the forefront of the most up to date cancer treatments in the world. The IPO Oncology Hospital in Porto where my wife is been treated was the first hospital to use the Radio Surgery method with great success.

Sorry to bant but I must praise this hospital. It is a government hospital so treatment is free of charge. They even supply my wife with food during her treatments. Hell....Lamb shanks, roast potatoes and veggies. For free. I have to go out to the canteen to buy the same for €3.00. What a bargain.

All special soaps to use beforehand and creams and gargling stuff is supplied for free. They even gave her a gown and slippers for free. There is even a hostel where she could stay for free with 5 meals a day (Porras eat 4 small meals a day and 1 big one) with transport to the hospital and back. I could have stayed with her but no food so we declined. No 7 weeks of MacBurgers for me.

The system is all automated and after your team of docs determine your treatment and dose of radiation and chemo, the electronic system takes over.
You will get emails every day with times and where you must go for the next day. This could be nursing, treatment, ENT etc. Every dept has a kiosk machine that prints out your day events for the day and even the future events as it may change.
The doctors have no control of this as it is automated from start. They expect you when you insert your card into the kiosk upon arrival.

Wow !! That is just amazing treatment

Any update for us ?

Wow !! That is just amazing treatment

Any update for us ?
Long story.
Ended up renting a holiday flat in Porto next to the hospital so my wife could stay with me. Three weeks into her treatment she could no longer swallow food due to the radiation to the throat. They inserted a feeding tube into the stomach through which I had to pump 5x 500ml special high protein concoction per day plus 2L of water.
Two weeks later she became confused and delirious and would not allow me to feed her more than 2X 200ml per day and very little water. She lost so much weight and became dehydrated and had no idea where she was.

She got booked in as an inpatient where she developed pneumonia that led to cardiac arrest. Four doctors and many nurses fought for 30 mins to revive her due to a blood clot in the heart.
She was moved to intensive care room where she lay in a coma for 3 days and hooked onto so many sophisticated machines that I could hardly see her through the wires, tubes and pipes.

She slowly improved over 4 weeks and was then moved back to the general ward where she has been for 3 weeks. She cannot walk by herself but can speak and eat a little. They are looking for a rehabilitation clinic for her where she is to remain for a further 3 months.

Of the planned 33 radio therapies she had 27 and due to her condition they had to stop all cancer treatment but hopefully it was enough. If the treatment nearly killed her and the treatment is aimed at the tumor then the tumor must have gotten very sick indeed.

Long story.
Ended up renting a holiday flat in Porto next to the hospital so my wife could stay with me. Three weeks into her treatment she could no longer swallow food due to the radiation to the throat. They inserted a feeding tube into the stomach through which I had to pump 5x 500ml special high protein concoction per day plus 2L of water.
Two weeks later she became confused and delirious and would not allow me to feed her more than 2X 200ml per day and very little water. She lost so much weight and became dehydrated and had no idea where she was.

She got booked in as an inpatient where she developed pneumonia that led to cardiac arrest. Four doctors and many nurses fought for 30 mins to revive her due to a blood clot in the heart.
She was moved to intensive care room where she lay in a coma for 3 days and hooked onto so many sophisticated machines that I could hardly see her through the wires, tubes and pipes.

She slowly improved over 4 weeks and was then moved back to the general ward where she has been for 3 weeks. She cannot walk by herself but can speak and eat a little. They are looking for a rehabilitation clinic for her where she is to remain for a further 3 months.

Of the planned 33 radio therapies she had 27 and due to her condition they had to stop all cancer treatment but hopefully it was enough. If the treatment nearly killed her and the treatment is aimed at the tumor then the tumor must have gotten very sick indeed.
Sorry to hear about your situation. I pray her health will improve and that the tumor is gone. Strength to you.

Long story.

Oh my ! Totally not what you expected

You'll are in my prayers, hope for a speedy recovery and hope the tumor is gone

Keep your head up and everything will be fine

Oh no, @Johnny2Puffs
Just reading that I can only imagine the pain for both of you.
Strength to your wife and prayers to you guys

Not sure if I have posted this here before but my mind is running a hundred miles a minute.

Me and wife gave up smoking 6 or 7 years ago and took up vaping. Now she has been diagnosed with throat cancer.

They say it is due to excessive smoking.
This is not cool as we rent a flat in Viana do Castelo and had to rent a holiday flat in Porto for her oncology treatment for 7 weeks. The extra expense does not matter as my wife's health is more important.
She has to do 3 Chemo's and 33 Radio therapies over the 7 weeks. A feeding tube was inserted into her stomach as she could not eat. I have to inject food into it. Not nice at all.
I am so down at the moment and thinking "how long does the body take to rejuvenate after cessation of smoking".

I am so sorry to hear this and my heart goes out to you and your wife.

Please look into cannabis treatment. It is doing wonders for my step father and others I know who have had cancer.

Long story.

@Johnny2Puffs The strength both of you have shown is an inspiration to us all I am sure.You two are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm sure the entire forum is pulling for a complete recovery. Take some solice in that you have been a rock for your wife.Good luck.

Thanks for all the good wishes guys. Much appreciated. Medical cannabis is not available here in Portugal and I have been looking for normal cannabis for weeks to make my own but I have no contacts here. Wife is willing to try it.

Shew that really is intense. I cant imagine the emotions that you had to deal with. I am glad to hear she is still alive.. I hoping for all the best for you guys.

@Johnny2Puffs
I'm shocked after reading this.
Even if you're not religious, Please allow me to say that i trust that God will be with both of you.
I really hope that you find the cannabis oil and that it improves the situation.
I believe that she will recover fully. Best of luck to you guys.

Thanks for all the good wishes guys. Much appreciated. Medical cannabis is not available here in Portugal and I have been looking for normal cannabis for weeks to make my own but I have no contacts here. Wife is willing to try it.
Just found this thread and I'm really sorry to hear about your wife, I hope things are going a bit better by now. Have you looked at ordering from the Netherlands?

Sorry for late reply. She had a PET Scan done 4 weeks ago that showed the cancer is gone. That was quite surprising as she did not complete the course of treatment.
Perhaps it was that the treatment is aimed at the cancer and she literally died from it so imagine what it did to the cancer.
Sadly, this Monday we have to go back to Porto hospital for the results of a biopsy from her tongue that the ENT found last week. She had a painful white spot on the side of her tongue but since he removed it she has no pain at all so we are not too concerned. Perhaps a canker sore? She will not go for further cancer treatment due to the trauma she went through.
Thank you for asking on her status.

Strength to you and your wife @Johnny2Puffs
My prayers are with you

Same here. So sorry to hear she has gone through this, but it seems things have worked out.

CBD and THC/THCA. Research the provider and their intentions. Too much on the market that comes from people taking advantage of the changing laws across the world. My son is on CBD (7 years old) and it makes a difference. My niece-in-law's boyfriend's dad was on his deathbed a few months back and we sourced CBD oil and THCA oil for him ... the next morning he was up and conversing.

I've lost faith in the mainstream medical industry over the past 6-7 years. Most doctors to me seem to be "Book Mechanics."
Chemo also seems to just fix the sympton. You need to change your lifestyle and health to stop it.
Although your doctors indicate the cancer is gone, I would still look at getting a canabinoid as a supplement.

Sorry for late reply. She had a PET Scan done 4 weeks ago that showed the cancer is gone. That was quite surprising as she did not complete the course of treatment.
Perhaps it was that the treatment is aimed at the cancer and she literally died from it so imagine what it did to the cancer.
Sadly, this Monday we have to go back to Porto hospital for the results of a biopsy from her tongue that the ENT found last week. She had a painful white spot on the side of her tongue but since he removed it she has no pain at all so we are not too concerned. Perhaps a canker sore? She will not go for further cancer treatment due to the trauma she went through.
Thank you for asking on her status.
Sounds like she's doing much better, we're pulling for you both.

Thanks for the thoughts. She's back to normal. Gained weight from 43kg back to 60kg. Now she only does a 6 monthly check up. :)

Thanks for the thoughts. She's back to normal. Gained weight from 43kg back to 60kg. Now she only does a 6 monthly check up. :)
Great news bud. Thanks for letting us know. Both of you remain in our prayers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thank goodness, good news update. After catching up with the thread, it was a relief to get to this part.
That is remarkable, the weight gain, I have never regained since 2011, still 50-51kg instead of 58.

Thanks so much for heads up. Needed the support. We are alone in Portugal in a non tourist city where almost no one can communicate in English.

Back