Can't taste anything

Caveman

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys, so been vaping exclusively for about a week and a half now. Since yesterday I can't taste anything, not the flavor of the juices and food and other things have a subdued taste to it. I think I may have hit the kiwi a bit much (lol) and now I have a slightly sour/bitter taste on my tongue. I've tried many things, sniffing coffee, lemon, mouthwash, brushing my teeth, I switched flavors. I saw a few other things on here i wanted to try (like the marmite). My actual question is, how long does this normally last? At least I get to burn through a bad berry juice I bought lol.. How long do you guys experience this for? if at all?

Anything from 24 hours to 2 weeks! Remember your taste senses are slowly recovering from the shock. Be patient, drink a lot of water. Vape menthol juices to taste at least something.

Damn 2 weeks... I hope its not that long.. I will have to pick up some menthol during the week if it doesn't get better. Thanks :)

Agree with @Andre

If you got some menthol juice, vape that- will work wonders.

Hey guys, so been vaping exclusively for about a week and a half now. Since yesterday I can't taste anything, not the flavor of the juices and food and other things have a subdued taste to it. I think I may have hit the kiwi a bit much (lol) and now I have a slightly sour/bitter taste on my tongue. I've tried many things, sniffing coffee, lemon, mouthwash, brushing my teeth, I switched flavors. I saw a few other things on here i wanted to try (like the marmite). My actual question is, how long does this normally last? At least I get to burn through a bad berry juice I bought lol.. How long do you guys experience this for? if at all?
I feel for you big time.... I have the exact same thing at the moment @Caveman and I have been vaping for months ;( It is the worst thing ever.. Ive ordered new juices and cant even try them out with this going on ... Mine has been three days so far , I keep telling myself cigs will taste even more disgusting than my tasteless juices.

My tongue is also sensitive .. Like I've eaten way too many Salt and Vinegar chips.. Sniff Sniff Sniff

I feel for you big time.... I have the exact same thing at the moment @Caveman and I have been vaping for months ;( It is the worst thing ever.. Ive ordered new juices and cant even try them out with this going on ... Mine has been three days so far , I keep telling myself cigs will taste even more disgusting than my tasteless juices.

My tongue is also sensitive .. Like I've eaten way too many Salt and Vinegar chips.. Sniff Sniff Sniff

My tongue has the same thing going on :(

Coconut Oil also works wonders for vapers tongue! I swear by it :D
Just put it on your (well my) tongue?

Oil pulling, also known as "kavala" or "gundusha," is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes. This action supposedly draws out toxins in your body, primarily to improve oral health but also to improve your overall health.

My tongue has the same thing going on :(

Just put it on your (well my) tongue?
Its crap.. I'm not a happy Bunny ... all these amazing flavours and I just taste.... Hmmm vapor .. with a sting lolol....

Oil pulling, also known as "kavala" or "gundusha," is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes. This action supposedly draws out toxins in your body, primarily to improve oral health but also to improve your overall health.

Damn. I will be trying this after work tonight. I wonder if I have any coconut oil left.. might have used it all in my beard oil... damn you beard..

hmmm worth a try! sounds like the quickest and most painless method I've heard yet

I swear by it :) Do it daily and have not had vapers tongue in a very long time, in fact I cant remember when last I did

when experiencing vapor tongue i just chew on some Airwaves... the strong one.. works for me

Thank-you @Stroodlepuff , I'm so doing this later.. also great as an antioxidant,Wow!! Never heard of it before :)

when experiencing vapor tongue i just chew on some Airwaves... the strong one.. works for me

I have some strong fisherman's friends at home also, will try that if I can't find coconut oil..

Might just burn your tongue more though @Caveman ?

Not sure, you might be right. I read that marmite also works, put some on your tongue. As far as I understand its not really the tongue at all so burning it some more shouldn't really matter. Since I don't have menthol maybe I can pop a fisherman's friend while vaping and make it menthol-ish like that.. lol

hmmm worth a try! sounds like the quickest and most painless method I've heard yet
I do a similar thing daily - brush my teeth with the coconut oil on my toothbrush - I can't do the oil pulling for more than 3 minutes, it tends to make me feel very nauseous. . . . I basically just dip my toothbrush in my coconute and spearmint oil mix. I use that then rince out with a mouth wash.

I do a similar thing daily - brush my teeth with the coconut oil on my toothbrush - I can't do the oil pulling for more than 3 minutes, it tends to make me feel very nauseous. . . . I basically just dip my toothbrush in my coconute and spearmint oil mix. I use that then rince out with a mouth wash.

@Wyvern no toothpaste?

For 20mins lol. That would be a great opportunity to try make someone laugh whilst having a mouthful of oil :giggle:

Back