Can't taste anything

Vaper's tongue? CHAIN VAPING. Just lay off for a while. Stick to low wattage on a Subtank RBA deck for a day or two, like 15 watts on a .5ohm build. Low heat, no bubbles. No cloud chasing. Slower inhale and exhale. Control the habit. Vaper's tongue is your body telling you its had enough. Listen to it.
The risk with this, when only off stinkies for a while is that you'll "crash" since you're not getting the nic hit you need. So when you do this, raise the nice level in the juice so you still get what you need. You might not tast anything but al least you wont "crash". I've crashed twice before... And hated myself afterwards for taking a stinky again...

The risk with this, when only off stinkies for a while is that you'll "crash" since you're not getting the nic hit you need. So when you do this, raise the nice level in the juice so you still get what you need. You might not tast anything but al least you wont "crash". I've crashed twice before... And hated myself afterwards for taking a stinky again...
Those days... are for Witcher's Brew Blackbird. At 12mg there is nothing better for killing that urge. One can ALWAYS taste the good tobacco juices funny enough. Always. Just load up your favourite MTL atty and strap in for a day of BLISS...

So it seems my taste buds have also gone a bit wonky on me. Can't taste much when vaping. This started yesterday.

And I received my vapour mountain juices today :( when vaping the xxx, I can only taste menthol.

Thanks @Lord Vetinari and @GreenyZA
Been vaping for past 3 days at 75 watts up so maybe that could be it. I don't know.
Vaping menthol on the cubis now at 23 watts should do the trick if that's the case.

Good luck bud. I know that sux big time. Mouth wash, whiskey and coconut oil also helped me a bit. I dont know which one dis the trick sine I tried every single advice i could find. Hahahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @Lord Vetinari and @GreenyZA
Been vaping for past 3 days at 75 watts up so maybe that could be it. I don't know.
Vaping menthol on the cubis now at 23 watts should do the trick if that's the case.
NCV's Milked for 2 days will also do the job. Don't expect to taste anything but that is kinda the point. Stuff tastes like pretty much nothing. BUT. Excellent for a palate reset. No quick fix for this. Only patience really. And prevention.

I still want to give Milked a try. Sounds like something my wife will enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very depressing. I still cant taste any of my vapes aside from menthol since Monday :(

This is very depressing. I still cant taste any of my vapes aside from menthol since Monday :(
Oh that sucks! Have you tried all the eating coffee beans, vaping pure pg, lemon juice, soy sauce, vodka tricks?

Oh that sucks! Have you tried all the eating coffee beans, vaping pure pg, lemon juice, soy sauce, vodka tricks?

I've tried many things. Swishing coconut oil, swishing lemon juice, smelling coffee beans. I think I'll try chewing some coffee beans. I dont have any pure VG, so I'll get some later.

The weird thing is that everything else is fine. I can smell and taste food, whisky, etc.

I've tried many things. Swishing coconut oil, swishing lemon juice, smelling coffee beans. I think I'll try chewing some coffee beans. I dont have any pure VG, so I'll get some later.

The weird thing is that everything else is fine. I can smell and taste food, whisky, etc.
If the whisky tastes good then there is definitely something wrong with the buds! :rofl: Such a strange phenomenon, I hope you come right.

If the whisky tastes good then there is definitely something wrong with the buds! :rofl: Such a strange phenomenon, I hope you come right.

Haha, yeah, I'm glad I can taste my whiskys at least :D Its really weird. When vaping VM XXX, I can only taste menthol.

Haha, yeah, I'm glad I can taste my whiskys at least :D Its really weird. When vaping VM XXX, I can only taste menthol.

At least the menthol is something. I find that if I don't switch up my flavors quite often, my taste buds very quickly get accustomed to something. I've been vaping custardy desserty flavors lately a lot, and I find that pretty much all of them start to taste the same after a few days. So I need to get me some menthol and fruity flavors again to mix it up. I should only last few days. Which while in the heat is terrible and feels like forever, but in hindsight its not the worst. Mine lasted 4 days before my tastes were fully back lol.. I drank a lot ore whisky during that time so maybe that helped :)

VM XXX? Okay! I get that a lot with this juice. I find that I need to re-wick quite regularly, also play with my wattage quite a lot, too low and I only get menthol, then I hit a fruity sweet-spot, then too much menthol a bit higher than that, then even higher and I get another sweet spot.

Nah its all the flavours, not just XXX. Even the Pebbles by Glass and VM Banana cream tastes like nothing :(

Nah its all the flavours, not just XXX. Even the Pebbles by Glass and VM Banana cream tastes like nothing :(
we've all gone through this.. Promise, It will pass.. mine lasted 4-5 days.. was sooooo happy when I could finally taste my juices again .
Don't stress, its horrible but maybe get a bottle of VM Tropical ice to vape when this happens.. worked for me.

Still can't taste anything :(

I just have some VG in the Dripbox that I'm vaping now until it comes back :(

Shame @Silent Echo That Sux!!! Have you tried Tropical Ice Yet?

It really does suck! I have XXX, Banana Cream and Berry Blaze from Vapour Mountain. Haven't tried Tropical Ice yet.

Its so weird, I can smell the liquids and vape just fine. Cant taste a thing. Actually, I can taste the sweetness from the pure
vg.

It really does suck! I have XXX, Banana Cream and Berry Blaze from Vapour Mountain. Haven't tried Tropical Ice yet.

Its so weird, I can smell the liquids and vape just fine. Cant taste a thing. Actually, I can taste the sweetness from the pure
vg.
Ooooo, All good Juices :) Love VM Juices My Fav is VM4 and XXX !! :)

I really feel for you but don't stress, it does come back :)

I see you have been vaping for over a year. I don't think this is the initial vapers tongue that comes on, when your sensory glands and buds are recovering from the prolonged tobacco carnage. When I have had similar problems, it generally comes down to my equipment, and mainly coils. Try out a brand new coil and see if this helps. Another thing I have found that helps, it not staying on one device/setup for long periods of time. Introduce a dripper and/or squonker into your daily vape. When changing devices the senses love it.

Ooooo, All good Juices :) Love VM Juices My Fav is VM4 and XXX !! :)

I really feel for you but don't stress, it does come back :)
I vape VM4 in massive quantities, and I often get vapers tongue if I don't change flavours (normally a citrus) or devices.

I see you have been vaping for over a year. I don't think this is the initial vapers tongue that comes on, when your sensory glands and buds are recovering from the prolonged tobacco carnage. When I have had similar problems, it generally comes down to my equipment, and mainly coils. Try out a brand new coil and see if this helps. Another thing I have found that helps, it not staying on one device/setup for long periods of time. Introduce a dripper and/or squonker into your daily vape. When changing devices the senses love it.

I have a few devices and tanks with different flavours. I think it might be related to the fact that I only started to vape on high powered devices and tanks within the last month or so. For the year previous to that it was small devices like Twisps.

I vape VM4 in massive quantities, and I often get vapers tongue if I don't change flavours (normally a citrus) or devices.
VM4 is my absolute vavorite but yeah, I also have to switch in the afternoon for a couple of hours to something else and then Im back to it in the evening. I will never tire of it :) Mmmm that caramel.

I have one Reo which is always running with Tropical Ice from Vapour Mountain, and throughout the day I'll keep switching from whatever other flavour I'm vaping to tropical ice. This really works for me to reset the taste buds all the time. Not to mention that it's simply an awesome juice on it's own. Thanks @Rob Fisher for getting me hooked. :p

I didn't go back and read the entire thread... but @Alex hit on what I do that works very well for me. I rotate flavors all day/night, but I still have my times when I need to refresh the taste buds, clear the sinuses. So I make my own shocking "palate cleanser" liquids, keep a couple of them at a time in 14500 Reo Woodvil's for an instant fix that cleans out the olfactories with a sudden big bang. I don't like the flavor of menthol, so I use other additives to get extreme cool.

Rob sent me some Tropical Ice. I can see it getting it done too, but the taste/long aftertaste of menthol is not my thing.
(More about that and the way I get around it when I do the reviews on the 4 local SA elixir's that he sent me.)

Back