Can't taste anything

Since this morning my vapes started to taste funny. I though my coil is a bit dodgy and replaced it but it still tasted off. I now filled my tank woth Paulies Guava and I cant taste anything. So I stumbled across this thread and after reading it have a couple of things to try. It sucks not being able to taste anything. Will keep you all posted. ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listen to all the suggestions and do all that u can of them. When I got vapers tounge I tried nearly everything and one of them must of worked because I recovered within a week. There isn't just one thing that will help IMO, but the combo off all the tips everyone had worked. Damn all those tips are probably the ingredients that Frankenstein used. If I had been hit by lightning..

Thank you Nightwalker. Smelling coffee, taking a shot whiskey and brushing teeth didn't work. I must admit that thinking about it, my sinuses have been taking a beating during the last week and have been struggling with hectic alergies. We rescued two kittens a week ago and I'm VERY alergic to kittens. Weird thing is it's only kittens that affect me, adult cats don't. I'm going to give the coconut oil a go in the morning. We gave the last oil to our dogs this evening so I'll have to take a trip to dischem in the morning. Thank you for all the awesome advice. It helps a lot to know that I'm not alone in this and that I'm not as broken as I initially thought. Hahahaha!

I have one Reo which is always running with Tropical Ice from Vapour Mountain, and throughout the day I'll keep switching from whatever other flavour I'm vaping to tropical ice. This really works for me to reset the taste buds all the time. Not to mention that it's simply an awesome juice on it's own. Thanks @Rob Fisher for getting me hooked. :p

I have one Reo which is always running with Tropical Ice from Vapour Mountain, and throughout the day I'll keep switching from whatever other flavour I'm vaping to tropical ice. This really works for me to reset the taste buds all the time. Not to mention that it's simply an awesome juice on it's own. Thanks @Rob Fisher for getting me hooked. :p
Alex mang. Off op topic. How's VM chocolate juice? I want something yummy. Looking for a chocolate style

Hey guys, so been vaping exclusively for about a week and a half now. Since yesterday I can't taste anything, not the flavor of the juices and food and other things have a subdued taste to it. I think I may have hit the kiwi a bit much (lol) and now I have a slightly sour/bitter taste on my tongue. I've tried many things, sniffing coffee, lemon, mouthwash, brushing my teeth, I switched flavors. I saw a few other things on here i wanted to try (like the marmite). My actual question is, how long does this normally last? At least I get to burn through a bad berry juice I bought lol.. How long do you guys experience this for? if at all?
You might try a daily tbsp. of apple cider vinegar.Is said to restore taste (vapers tongue) as well as a cure for a slew of other maladies such as kidney stones.

Since this morning my vapes started to taste funny. I though my coil is a bit dodgy and replaced it but it still tasted off. I now filled my tank woth Paulies Guava and I cant taste anything. So I stumbled across this thread and after reading it have a couple of things to try. It sucks not being able to taste anything. Will keep you all posted. ;(

Man that sucks. I haven't had vapors tongue since my last bout. But I've got at least 2 different flavors I switch around during the day. Also, if you are using a drip tip that gets hot, there might be some tiny droplets that go onto your tongue, I'm pretty sure that affects it also, I changed the way I vape a bit to stop that from going right onto my tongue. Smelling coffee never did anything for me, I reckon it was the gargling with whiskey, plain unflavored juice and the coconut oil that did the thing for me. Getting a menthol is worth a shot as well. if you have some juice you regret buying, now is the best time to burn through them :)

Think of it this way...

Do you know what your home smells like inside? Do you know what your clothes smell like? ... Probably not
Our homes, clothes, etc have reasonably unique smells and you would usually notice this as you are walking into someone else's house. Your brain however has tuned out your own personal smell or else it would mask many other smells. Its the same for someone that works in a harbour or on a fishing boat, they don't get the fishy smell all day after a while.
Your brain starts to do the same with the flavours you are vaping! I find for me, strawberry is always the 1st to go and strawberry is very common in juice.

I have been fighting with Vapers Fatigue for a long time and there is only really 1 way to prevent it... switch up your flavours constantly. This is usually a problem when you first start vaping as you generally finally find a flavour you love and cant stop vaping it. At one stage I also couldn't taste anything for a about a week but this hasn't happened for a while.
The best way is to either carry a few devices filled with various flavours or if you are dripping then switch it up a few times a day.

I have also tried just about all the remedies, except the coconut oil, without success. I have found a few things that temporarily bring the taste back like peppermint oil or a glass of whiskey but it always returns after a few minutes.

Good luck... its horrible but it will pass

Alex mang. Off op topic. How's VM chocolate juice? I want something yummy. Looking for a chocolate style

Hi @Nightwalker , what does "mang" mean?
Seen this word a few times on here but cannot figure it out
Please enlighten me

Hi @Nightwalker , what does "mang" mean?
Seen this word a few times on here but cannot figure it out
Please enlighten me
Friend; pal; buddy; bro
Yo, what up mang?

Hey mang!

Also

This is how Tony Montana says MAN, but in a comradery/get outta my face way.
ju tink I a communiss, Mang....uh?

ju tink I wanna live ing some f*cking caige, mang....uh?

who da f"ck u tink put dis togetta, uh?
ME, dass who, mang !!

Friend; pal; buddy; bro
Yo, what up mang?

Hey mang!

Also

This is how Tony Montana says MAN, but in a comradery/get outta my face way.
ju tink I a communiss, Mang....uh?

ju tink I wanna live ing some f*cking caige, mang....uh?

who da f"ck u tink put dis togetta, uh?
ME, dass who, mang !!

Ah ok
Didnt know about that

From scarface. Cmon mang. Hi watchit! Its a classic. And say hello to his little friend
59482998.jpg

Very happy to help @Alex! :b1:

That sounds good, I need to try Tropical Ice :D

I'm experiencing a bad case of vapers tongue so here I am current sitting swirling coconut oil I'm my mouth. I'll post the results of this a little later

Ok so after about 15 minutes of swirling it in my mouth I have to say that flavour has improved. I'd say it's about 30% better but I think I'll continue doing this everyday for while and see how it goes. Another thing I notice is that you salivate a lot while swirling it in your mouth. I spat out 3 times as much as I put in so maybe that has something to do with it?

Ok so after about 15 minutes of swirling it in my mouth I have to say that flavour has improved. I'd say it's about 30% better but I think I'll continue doing this everyday for while and see how it goes. Another thing I notice is that you salivate a lot while swirling it in your mouth. I spat out 3 times as much as I put in so maybe that has something to do with it?

Glad its working for you, even only at 30%. The coconut oil worked for me too, but yeah, it creates a lot of saliva and you spit out much much more than you put in initially. I couldn't last for more than 5 or 6 minutes. It just got too much, and the taste is not the best

Only thing I found that kills Vapers tongue is thoroughly brushing your teeth and tongue with a strong menthol toothpaste, rinse with water, then chew on about ten coffee beans as long as possible before rinsing and washing it down with two glasses of water. Tastes disgusting but after that it's like your tongue is in HD mode

I find, just like @ShaneW, that switching up flavours often works best. I noticed this trend with DDD.
DDD is one of my favourite juices and I always have a bottle on hand. I started to notice that the flavour was begining to taste very bland, anyone that's used DDD knows it's anything but bland. So I figured it must be vapers tongue :(
I tried the coconut oil, wife only uses it for frying - it's a banting thing apparantly, as we have that. I did notice a small difference but nothing major.

The eureka moment came when I decided to leave the DDD alone and drip some litchi and menthol DIY juice I had. The litchi and watermelon flavours were on point. So now I knew it wasn't vapers tongue and dripped some DDD. Flavour was back and I was happy again. Now when ever I feel vapers tongue coming on I just switch up juices to something with a strong flavour profile preferably different to the ones I can't taste. In my messing around I found that menthol flavours works well for me. I'm no fan of menthol juices but I'll vape anything if it works.

I think it's as shane said, your brain filters out scents or smells that your frequently exposed to. I'm not sure if the brain does this so the constant scent doesn't drive you crazy or just to irritate me when I'm enjoying a juice..... I suspect the latter...

for me by the end of 3 ml I cant taste the flavour anymore, I have 4 tanks in rotating changing flavours 2x a day and alternating from one day to the next. Recently I starting taking apple cider vinger to help with a health condition that seems to improve the taste of things. Kinda wakes the taste buds up with a kick to the nuts. staying well hydrated is key, often I'll sip a glass of water between vapes

I always thought this vapers tongue thing was a myth or mind over matter.
Until today...
Its flippin shyt.
So far I've gargeled mouth wash, rinsed my mouth with coconut oil, rinsed my mouth with coffee, drank coffee, had a shot of whiskey and now vaping menthol.
Hopefully tomorrow I will be as good as new.
I will update tomorrow if this thread helped, but thanks vapers for at least giving me some sort of hope for now.

Hang in there big guy. Mine went away after about 48 hours of pure hell. At least it gave me a chance to burn some bland juice I didnt care for! #SilverLining

Vaper's tongue? CHAIN VAPING. Just lay off for a while. Stick to low wattage on a Subtank RBA deck for a day or two, like 15 watts on a .5ohm build. Low heat, no bubbles. No cloud chasing. Slower inhale and exhale. Control the habit. Vaper's tongue is your body telling you its had enough. Listen to it.

Back