Cape Town - month end meets

Saturdays can definitely work. Have been with you to the club @KZOR definitely an incredible place to have a meet! Would be great if you could pull something together!

If possible I'm in. From Saldanha.

@Braki I don't drink, so if you guys want to have a few (or more) toots I'm willing to fetch you in Saldanha, provided we return in daylight. I'm not too crazy about night-driving.

I will go chat with management tomorrow but if numbers are less than 30 there should be no charge since they make their money from the bar.

I would say the numbers should be less than 30, otherwise the group is just too big.

Or come through to Yzerfontein. We can go to The Diner (good food) and we can sit outside where they allow vaping and there are many tables
Thats a good option too. Hardly one and half hour drive from cape town.

@Spyro I assume you've discussed this meet with Admin? Apparently you HAVE TO get their OK first, particularly if there are vendors involved. When one of the forumites wanted to organise a small meet, with no vendors, there was a bit of a hiccup with Admin and it never got off the ground.

@Spyro I assume you've discussed this meet with Admin? Apparently you HAVE TO get their OK first, particularly if there are vendors involved. When one of the forumites wanted to organise a small meet, with no vendors, there was a bit of a hiccup with Admin and it never got off the ground.

Nope, had no clue that was a requirement. Seems like the most ridiculous rule though.

If there are more than 30 people it can always be moved to a park or something.

Nope, had no clue that was a requirement. Seems like the most ridiculous rule though.

If there are more than 30 people it can always be moved to a park or something.

@Spyro please contact Admin. They really do need to know about this Believe me - I'm speaking from recent experience.

[USERGROUP=3]@Admins[/USERGROUP], any rules and regulations?

@Spyro please contact Admin. They really do need to know about this Believe me - I'm speaking from recent experience.

And it doesn't matter whether it's held at a club, or in the park, or even at someone's home. Admin needs a heads-up before you go ahead with any arrangements

And it doesn't matter whether it's held at a club, or in the park, or even at someone's home. Admin needs a heads-up before you go ahead with any arrangements

Okay, I got it... Thanks.

We are more than happy for you guys to do a vape meet in CT especially if it's ECIGSSA members... yes we do like a heads up... and you have to promise to show us all pics and give us feedback! Wish we could be there with you guys!

We are more than happy for you guys to do a vape meet in CT especially if it's ECIGSSA members... yes we do like a heads up... and you have to promise to show us all pics and give us feedback! Wish we could be there with you guys!
Thanks so much Uncle Rob!

Yzerfontein also good for me.
We have a conservation centre at Grotto Bay which can be hired for R250 for the day. Braai facilities and hall. So we should be sorted for the next 3 meets

This is fast becoming a bigger event than the official annual vapecon, lol. I think an event where the organiser books a spot where slap chips and cold beer is readily available and the rest rsvp and show up should more than suffice. Going bigger and trying to cater for so many tastes and preferences just spells trouble and complications.

I bet @Spyro has already made a duck and is heading for the hills as we speak.

Regards

This is fast becoming a bigger event than the official annual vapecon, lol. I think an event where the organiser books a spot where slap chips and cold beer is readily available and the rest rsvp and show up should more than suffice. Going bigger and trying to cater for so many tastes and preferences just spells trouble and complications.

I bet @Spyro has already made a duck and is heading for the hills as we speak.

Regards

You've outted me!

I don't think catering is necessary. Louis has kindly offered to speak to the club owners as he's a well established member. Either we can bring our own food and braai or alternatively folks can buy food from the restaurant.

I think for a first meet this would be a great place - for the next time round we can organise something different.

I'm sure we could even convince a vendor to host a meet for us some time or another. Not too sure why this only seems to happen with "product launches"

I don't mind where we meet or what we do, so long as there's food available or I can bring my own. If not I get very hangry and believe me, when that happens you don't want to be near me. If any of you ever met my brother he would tell you, "Just feed her and she'll be OK"!

You've outted me!

I don't think catering is necessary. Louis has kindly offered to speak to the club owners as he's a well established member. Either we can bring our own food and braai or alternatively folks can buy food from the restaurant.

I think for a first meet this would be a great place - for the next time round we can organise something different.

I'm sure we could even convince a vendor to host a meet for us some time or another. Not too sure why this only seems to happen with "product launches"
I hope there is a @KZOR juice bar on tap haha!

You've outted me!

If a vendor hosts a meet for us, wouldn't they expect something in return i.e. sales? After all, that's why they have product launches. Whereas if we invite a vendor to attend our meet, we're under no obligation.

If a vendor hosts a meet for us, wouldn't they expect something in return i.e. sales? After all, that's why they have product launches. Whereas if we invite a vendor to attend our meet, we're under no obligation.

Well, sales aren't garenteed at a juice launch. What's the difference? It was just an idea anyway.

Back