Ceramic coils and compatible tanks

SunRam

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
So it looks like ceramic coils are going to make a huge comeback in 2016. The Vaperesso Ccell is already going strong and available locally and here's some more to look forward to. Whether it's safer/more harmful, who knows?

Here's a couple I could find, not all brand new on the market though:

http://www.digicig.co.za/shop/iciga-bdc-pro-ceramic-clearomizer/
http://freemaxvape.com/index.php?c=product&id=49
http://www.vapeston.com/product-detail/vapeston-ceramikas-tank/
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/smow...ank-series-smowell-hatrick?forceNoSplash=true
http://spinfuel.com/hygeia-ceramic-wick-tank/

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Seems a lot of the complaints of ceramic coils thus far is the snail pace juice wicking.
I found that my trick of submerging acommercial coil in juice and then pulling a vacuum, extracted all the air out of the cotton wick material, allowing the juice to fill the previous air spaces, resulting in a completely juice saturated coil.
No dry hits or burnt out coils as a first time Cubis user.
No 10 min or overnight soak, just vac and go.

IMO this will be a great diy wick saturate work-around for all commercial coil heads not just the Cubis ones and it can only improve the present method, ceramic coils included.
From my other post, http://www.ecigssa.co.za/cubis.t19057/page-2#post-320276

Using a syringe to pull vacuum on a kanthal clapton coil head for the Cubis, take off needle and hold the tip closed with your finger.(for those users not experienced in the DIY arts):)
coil-vac-jpg.44718

Seems a lot of the complaints of ceramic coils thus far is the snail pace juice wicking.
I found that my trick of submerging acommercial coil in juice and then pulling a vacuum, extracted all the air out of the cotton wick material, allowing the juice to fill the previous air spaces, resulting in a completely juice saturated coil.

IMO this will be a great diy wick saturate work-around for all commercial coil heads not just the Cubis ones and it can only improve the present method, ceramic coils included.

Using a syringe to pull vacuum on a kanthal clapton coil head for the Cubis, take off needle and hold the tip closed with your finger.(for those users not experienced in the DIY arts):)
coil-vac-jpg.44718

Interesting observation @blujeenz, got myself some Atom gClaptons for Mini Subtank recently and their instructions for priming a new coil are very precise. Saturate wick through airholes, close off any intake and and pull through atty for 5 seconds and repeat 4 times before attaching atty to mod. Needless to say I completely ignored this advice, but your post would seem to confirm what they are indicating. Shall give it bash next time I replace coil.

coil-vac-jpg.44718
Say what?? Ummm. Could you make a video?

Interesting observation @blujeenz, got myself some Atom gClaptons for Mini Subtank recently and their instructions for priming a new coil are very precise. Saturate wick through airholes, close off any intake and and pull through atty for 5 seconds and repeat 4 times before attaching atty to mod. Needless to say I completely ignored this advice, but your post would seem to confirm what they are indicating. Shall give it bash next time I replace coil.
That pulling through the atty is basically drawing out the air and allowing the vac to pull in the juice.
Same procedure that Dwaine Adkins uses in his cubis coil prep.

@Nightwalker sorry man dont do videos, but a sketch is being crafted as your reply. :)

Say what?? Ummm. Could you make a video?
If you have ever played with a syringe, pulling out the plunger creates a loud pop due to vacuum.
Air rushes in to fill the vac creating a pressure wave on your eardrum which you perceive as... pop!
Now put the coil into the syringe, cover the top of the coil with juice, hold tip closed and vac out the air, stands to reason the juice will fill the spaces remaining behind by the evacuated air.
If you manage to pull the entire plunger out and dump juice and coil onto the floor, then you will need parental supervision. :D

sketch_56b4dfbf72c87.png

If you have ever played with a syringe, pulling out the plunger creates a loud pop due to vacuum.
Air rushes in to fill the vac creating a pressure wave on your eardrum which you perceive as... pop!
Now put the coil into the syringe, cover the top of the coil with juice, hold tip closed and vac out the air, stands to reason the juice will fill the spaces remaining behind by the evacuated air.
If you manage to pull the entire plunger out and dump juice and coil onto the floor, then you will need parental supervision. :D

View attachment 45034
Pic says 1000 words. I understand now. Shot bud

Ceramic tanks all the way. The Target tank is unreal.. :) Haven't vaped a traditional wicked tank since.

Firstly flavour has never been better for.. This thing wicks amazingly well and preforms best at the 40W mark (which in turn bring brilliant battery life).. The clouds are above average and I never get dry hits. So it wicks efficiently.. Coils lasts around 1.5 weeks for me. I expected more, but that's what I get..

I really cant recommend ceramic enough, and this definitely is the future.. You need to try it. If you do get the tank please be sure to prime it though, ceramic needs more priming then traditional coils.

Also don't worry about the Target kit, the kit is not really necessary, the mod itself is nothing special. Its the tank is where the magic happens.

I can vouch for the tank and coils, it really is superb. Like @Gizmo said, very clean taste and I find the coil very resilient. If you get a dry hit on an empty tank, you don't sit with that funky burnt cotton taste like you get with the traditional coils. Just fill and vape away for some more clean tasting vapor. I'm on my second week with the ccell coil at 35W and so far so good with 10ml/day going through it.
Also don't worry about the Target kit, the kit is not really necessary, the mod itself is nothing special. Its the tank is where the magic happens.

I'm sure Vapeking does

The vendor/administrator who started singing its praises maybe.

I dont usually comment on these things, I thought i would give advice and my personal opinion.. The coils for the Target also work in the Atlantis, Triton and Ijust/ Melo tanks. Multiple vendors sell the Target coils.

I dont usually comment on these things, I thought i would give advice and my personal opinion.. The coils for the Target also work in the Atlantis, Triton and Ijust/ Melo tanks. Multiple vendors sell the Target coils.
These coils only work in those tanks ? Not sure if you can answer this, but is Target a brand of tank and coils ?

Thanks for the personal feedback @Gizmo I appreciate it.

Do you need a temp control mod for the coils, or will it work on a stock iJust kit as it fits in the tank?

Thanks for the personal feedback @Gizmo I appreciate it.

Do you need a temp control mod for the coils, or will it work on a stock iJust kit as it fits in the tank?
Edit: It will work on the iJust battery, no temp control needed. That is if you use the 0.9 kanthal coil. These coils are available in TC Ni200 as well.

Last edited:
These coils only work in those tanks ? Not sure if you can answer this, but is Target a brand of tank and coils ?
It's a mod from Vaperesso, called the Target Mod. It comes in a kit with the Target Mod, the Target tank, a kanthal coil and a Ni200 coil. You can buy the tank separately. The coils are called Ccell coils, and are available in 0.9 ohm kanthal and 0.2 ohm Ni200. The Ccell coils fit in all the tanks @Gizmo mentioned and probably the Herakles plus as well. I'm using a kanthal Ccell coil in a Triton2 tank and a iJust tank. Vapes beautifully.

How are you guys managing 35-40W? I have a CCell 0.9 Kanthal coil in my iJust2, I can't push it over 20w or it's dry hit city. Initially I just let the coil stand for about 30 min in the tank to saturate but that didn't seem to work so I took the coil out and vacuumed it in a syringe wow, so many bubbles :eek: ), a little better, I can now take longer draws but still can't go above 20W. Any ideas?

How are you guys managing 35-40W? I have a CCell 0.9 Kanthal coil in my iJust2, I can't push it over 20w or it's dry hit city. Initially I just let the coil stand for about 30 min in the tank to saturate but that didn't seem to work so I took the coil out and vacuumed it in a syringe wow, so many bubbles :eek: ), a little better, I can now take longer draws but still can't go above 20W. Any ideas?
Do you know what's wrong with your coil maybe, but I'm easily getting 30w, but mostly using it at 27.5W. And I don't like warm vapes particularly, but that seems to be my sweet spot with these. Have you tried a new/different coil?

Do you know what's wrong with your coil maybe, but I'm easily getting 30w, but mostly using it at 27.5W. And I don't like warm vapes particularly, but that seems to be my sweet spot with these. Have you tried a new/different coil?

I'm not too excited to try another coil, these things are nogal pricey. I've been poking around elsewhere on the web and found a few mentions that these CCell coils will physically fit in other tanks but are best suited to the Vaporesso, the major issue is the way the tanks are designed when it comes to wicking, the Melo2/iJust2 chimneys will cover the whole coil and limit juice flow whereas the Vaporesso has an open chimney design to allow for better wicking on their coils.

Long story short, the CCell coils may be great but they're only great in the tanks they were designed for.

Back