Chalice Coil

Genosmate

Reo's For me
LV

Awards
@Marzuq asked me to post this here,(big thanks for asking because I couldn't find my camera and I finally discovered how to take close ups with an iPhone) a pic of the only coil I've found that works for me.
I tried both ugly coils and micro's mounted between the posts and also mounted like a conventional single coil (in say an RM2).They all resulted in gurgling and the dreaded mouthful of juice.
Big thanks to @Andre because thats where I got the idea,I called it a sort of chimney coil Andre called it a slanted coil,this ones wrapped around a 2.7mm drill bit 1.04 ohms and I purposely did'nt pre tension the wire or close up the coils too much.
IMG_0347.jpg

@Marzuq asked me to post this here,(big thanks for asking because I couldn't find my camera and I finally discovered how to take close ups with an iPhone) a pic of the only coil I've found that works for me.
I tried both ugly coils and micro's mounted between the posts and also mounted like a conventional single coil (in say an RM2).They all resulted in gurgling and the dreaded mouthful of juice.
Big thanks to @Andre because thats where I got the idea,I called it a sort of chimney coil Andre called it a slanted coil,this ones wrapped around a 2.7mm drill bit 1.04 ohms and I purposely did'nt pre tension the wire or close up the coils too much.
View attachment 21976
nicely done @Genosmate and thanks for posting. i will give this build a go in my tobh but as dual coils.

@Genosmate What RDA is that? :)
It is the Chalice III, only available in bottom feed. Here is a full picture:

6GiNlKY.jpg

nicely done @Genosmate and thanks for posting. i will give this build a go in my tobh but as dual coils.

So this, but slanted towards the center post:

kQYmh9y.jpg

Please report back on how it works, pics would be amazing too :p I was planning on going plain vertical on mine next...

Gurgling and juice in your mouth?
1) You inhale too hard
2) You most likely oversaturate the wick and atty

Gurgling and juice in your mouth?
1) You inhale too hard
2) You most likely oversaturate the wick and atty
or you underwicked and are flooding the deck. Your build will probably leak

I must say though, the slanted coil is a nice idea, especially for a squonker

Back