Classic Wet Shaving

On Monday I used the Supermax Super stainless blade but was disappointed. The shave was not as smooth as I like it.
This morning I tried the Dorco with the same result.
I still prefer the Supermax Blue Diamond.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon and I thought it was a good time for a shave. I'm still using my Merkur Solingen from Germany and haven't tried the fancy Gillette razor because my wife will see it and hurt me so it's still hidden. I changed the blade from a Minora to a Green Super-Max SS. I far prefer the Minora... the Super Max seemed a little rough in comparison.

I also tried the sample of Rockwell Shave Cream that Jaco sent me with the last order and I must say using it was way easier than trying to lather up foam from my disc of shaving soap. I still don't get the thick lather that I see in the movies and on youtube but I guess I'm not patient enough. At least I got it halfway there today with the Rockwell cream.

The Rockwell products are go-to for me... especially the preshave oil and aftershave cream! I bloody love the smell!

I shaved first and then trimmed the beard to a number one with my beard trimming goodie... can't think of the name of it right now! And then a shower... all clean, smooth-shaven and smelling great!

With this ritual of wet shaving, I am paying more attention to keeping my beard in check and shaving way more often than I did before. I feel like an Urban Man! :)
View attachment 189256
Softer brush make epic lather or try just using the bristle tips and extra water. It work sometimes.

On Monday I used the Supermax Super stainless blade but was disappointed. The shave was not as smooth as I like it.
This morning I tried the Dorco with the same result.
I still prefer the Supermax Blue Diamond.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Still have yet to try the Supermax Blue.
Been using the shavette more than the Safety Razors of late.

Been growing the beard a little just for a change up these last 2 weeks though so only the neck area has been getting shaved.

Still have yet to try the Supermax Blue.
Been using the shavette more than the Safety Razors of late.

Been growing the beard a little just for a change up these last 2 weeks though so only the neck area has been getting shaved.
How often do you change blades on the shavette?.
My blade use is shorter, I thing it has something to do with the different angles I can use to shave on the shavette.

How often do you change blades on the shavette?.
My blade use is shorter, I thing it has something to do with the different angles I can use to shave on the shavette.

On a standard double Edged Blade snapped in half I would get around 6 shaves a half so around 12 shaves a blade.

I'm still testing out the Artist Club blades that my Feather DX shavette uses and so far I have had around 4 shaves and still going strong.

How many shaves do you get on your shavette @Resistance ?

On a standard double Edged Blade snapped in half I would get around 6 shaves a half so around 12 shaves a blade.

I'm still testing out the Artist Club blades that my Feather DX shavette uses and so far I have had around 4 shaves and still going strong.

How many shaves do you get on your shavette @Resistance ?
I got 6 out the first one and it puzzled me slightly. I could still use it but it started pulling. So I've slipped in a new blade in the shavette and on the first shave now. Second one is either tonight or tomorrow morning. If I get less or equal shaves from this one I might change brands.
Thanks for the info though

How have I missed this thread?! Ventured into Wet shaving when i started shaving my head a few years ago (ever since i got married, makes one think) nice to see others enjoying the world of wet shaving

For the past 2 shaves I have been using a Parker blade on my DE1 and it's now my favorite blade so far. After the first shave I believe the blade has "settled in" and the second shave was very comfortable, no pulling or blood!

After watching a few (a lot) of reviews I will be getting the Parker 55SL semi slant razor next week, with some Simply Bee shaving soap, looking forward to the SLANT experience - hoping it's a good choice but only one way to find out right!

How have I missed this thread?! Ventured into Wet shaving when i started shaving my head a few years ago (ever since i got married, makes one think) nice to see others enjoying the world of wet shaving

Welcome to our lil group of Wet Shaving.
Please share any wisdom you have with any products you have discovered that you think we should try.

At the moment I'm loving Uncle John's Clean Cotton shave soap.
If you love the scent of clean linen you will love this stuff.
Got it through River Valley Tradding off BidorBuy

20200219_214230.jpg

For the past 2 shaves I have been using a Parker blade on my DE1 and it's now my favorite blade so far. After the first shave I believe the blade has "settled in" and the second shave was very comfortable, no pulling or blood!

After watching a few (a lot) of reviews I will be getting the Parker 55SL semi slant razor next week, with some Simply Bee shaving soap, looking forward to the SLANT experience - hoping it's a good choice but only one way to find out right!

If you looking for something more a aggressive and want a super smooth shave in as few passes you will love a slant.

My Merkur 37c slant is my favourite Safety Razor easy, I rate it even better than the Feather AC-D2 safety razor, not in terms of quality but in shave preference I would choose the Slant all day long.

Have a look at the Merkur I would also looking at the Parker 55SL but the Merkur is slightly more aggressive than the Parker which is what I wanted.

If you looking for something more a aggressive and want a super smooth shave in as few passes you will love a slant.

My Merkur 37c slant is my favourite Safety Razor easy, I rate it even better than the Feather AC-D2 safety razor, not in terms of quality but in shave preference I would choose the Slant all day long.

Have a look at the Merkur I would also looking at the Parker 55SL but the Merkur is slightly more aggressive than the Parker which is what I wanted.
I'm mostly only doing 1 pass per shave as it looks good and my skin doesn't really appreciate the cross and against the grain shaving. According to the reviews the Parker will be perfect for me only doing 1 pass and Jaco sent me photos of the DE1 next to the Parker and the handle length is much more suited for my gorrila sized hands haha.

I'm mostly only doing 1 pass per shave as it looks good and my skin doesn't really appreciate the cross and against the grain shaving. According to the reviews the Parker will be perfect for me only doing 1 pass and Jaco sent me photos of the DE1 next to the Parker and the handle length is much more suited for my gorrila sized hands haha.

If its because of the size check the 39C it has a barber pole handle (slightly larger) but with the same head as the 37C Slant.

Sorry not trying to change your mind I'm just super happy with mine that's why I am puntting the Merkur Slants.

https://www.bundubeard.co.za/products/merkur-39c-barber-pole-slant

Screenshot_20200220-130753_Opera.jpg

If its because of the size check the 39C it has a barber pole handle (slightly larger) but with the same head as the 37C Slant.

Sorry not trying to change your mind I'm just super happy with mine that's why I am puntting the Merkur Slants.

https://www.bundubeard.co.za/products/merkur-39c-barber-pole-slant

View attachment 190493
Thank you @Clouds4Days , I have looked at the Merkurs but sounds to me like it might be a bit too aggressive maybe. This journey (addiction)is NOT so different from getting new vape gear and I'm sure if the Parker doesn't do the job I will simply HAVE to get the Merkur and then maybe a Futur etc etc etc etc... hahaha

Thank you @Clouds4Days , I have looked at the Merkurs but sounds to me like it might be a bit too aggressive maybe. This journey (addiction)is NOT so different from getting new vape gear and I'm sure if the Parker doesn't do the job I will simply HAVE to get the Merkur and then maybe a Futur etc etc etc etc... hahaha
There's always next month;)

Oh yes definitely always a next time.
There are a few razors I still want to try myself mainly the Rockwell 6C and the Parker 69CR which comes with two heads, a closed comb and open comb head.

https://www.bundubeard.co.za/collections/safety-razors/products/copy-of-parker-69cr-safety-razor

Shave Mail..
Got my new brush today, wanted to try a harder hair so went with a Semogue Boar brush.

Will report back the difference between this and badger. May take a while to break it in though I've heard.

20200221_190411.jpg

Last edited:
Ooooohhhh that's a nice brush you have incoming. :)

Prepare to be blown away ;-)

I figured I had to get a Badger Silvertip... the more I research the more I realise that's the one! Can't wait because all I have is the El Cheapo brush I got with my starter kit. :)

Back