Classic Wet Shaving

Hot towel or hot steamy facecloth held onto problem area before shave works wonders.
After shaving warm facecloth no soap and wipe areas two or three times.

As for after shave.
Nivea face cream with a few drops of aftershave. Rub between the hands and then onto shaved areas.
This takes longer to rub into your face,but masage it in till it disapears.

Now you need shaving facecloths too.lol

Lekker shave this evening and no rash :party:

I did something right :-D
All I changed was-
1.I used a pre shave soap before hand. (Softens the hairs and helps razor glide over skin to prevent friction)

2.I used my new 37C slant Razor (which cuts more like a guillotine when cutting the hairs)

3.I used a Feather Blade (sharper blades)

4.I cut my neck area WTG (with the Grain) first which is upwards for me.

Now I got a winning combo but would still like to determine what was the winning trick.

Next shave will use a Normal Safty Razor and use everything else and technique as this evening and see if no rash appears again.

View attachment 186860
Point# 4 might have helped.shaving up towards the chin.

Point# 4 might have helped.shaving up towards the chin.

I think it also might have been this.
Alot of us dont pay attention to the direction of beard growth.

What I will do is shave with exactly the same equipment as on my previous shave and just change the direction as I did today and see if the rash doesnt appear.

I think it also might have been this.
Alot of us dont pay attention to the direction of beard growth.

What I will do is shave with exactly the same equipment as on my previous shave and just change the direction as I did today and see if the rash doesnt appear.
Also on the next occasion before you shave. keep your shaver under extremely hot water. Or pour boiling water into your cup with the shaver inside and wait till the water cools a little. It kills off the nasty's that acuminate after using it.

Also on the next occasion before you shave. keep your shaver under extremely hot water. Or pour boiling water into your cup with the shaver inside and wait till the water cools a little. It kills off the nasty's that acuminate after using it.

I usually just rinse her under Hot water but I think your way will be much more hygienic @Resistance , will stick the razor in with the brush soaking next time.
Thanks for the tip.

Hi @ShamZ I picked one on my last order and slight improvement but .

I think one issue I have and only picked up recently is the bottom part of neck hairs grow upwards so I have been shaving ATG (Against the Grain) instead of WTG (With the Grain) on that part of my neck because of the direction my hair grows.
My neck also grows up, go WTG and apply alum, I'm sure it would be better

Ive ordered 1 today. Cant wait to try it. Ive heard it does amazing stuff on ones skin.
The alum does burn, but if it burning too much you are either applying too much pressure when shaving or going against the grain.

But enjoy the burn, it's fun lol. Wash off with cold water once done.

Oily bits of your face really benefit from a nice alum rub as well. Even if it's only for a while

The alum does burn, but if it burning too much you are either applying too much pressure when shaving or going against the grain.

But enjoy the burn, it's fun lol. Wash off with cold water once done.

Oily bits of your face really benefit from a nice alum rub as well. Even if it's only for a while

I enjoy that burn too :-D
I feel it more on the sensitive areas (neck).

30hrs to go till the next shave...

This is worse then watching grass grow :worried:
You guys are lucky, to stay clean shaven I needed to shave daily. Sometimes twice of there was an evening function.

Now as I am just doing upper cheek and neckline I have to shave every second day or else it looks terrible, but I could still shave daily.

Its not as fun as you imagine...

30hrs to go till the next shave...

This is worse then watching grass grow :worried:
Placed an order for this baby today:
D1318EE4-FF48-4726-9E84-3501C9876A08.png
Waiting till Friday to get it is like watching grass grow while drying paint.

Actually its a pity i did not see this one before ordering the other one that has also not yet arrived.

Also hav a question. How does one use an “alum?” Stone?

Regards

Placed an order for this baby today:
View attachment 186939
Waiting till Friday to get it is like watching grass grow while drying paint.

Actually its a pity i did not see this one before ordering the other one that has also not yet arrived.

Also hav a question. How does one use an “alum?” Stone?

Regards

That's one hell of a nice looking safety razor. Dont forget to post your shave mail... i have major fomo right now :-D

The alum block is very easy to use, after your shave rinse your face with water then just rinse the Alum block under hot water for couple seconds (2-3) and proceed too rub the block over the shaved areas and enjoy the burn ;-)

Once you rubbed it for a couple of seconds (30) then just rinse the block again and pack away.

Last edited:
My second order arrived just in time for second shave with the DE2. Man i love this razor.
Its now even better with the alum stone burn and then soothing honey after shave balm afterwords

My second order arrived just in time for second shave with the DE2. Man i love this razor.
Its now even better with the alum stone burn and then soothing honey after shave balm afterwords

That's fantastic to hear.
Love using the after shave balms, leave my skin feeling so soft and fresh.

If anyone orders from Jaco again, you must try the rooibos body soap. Jaco sent me a sample and i tried it out. I usually HATE perfumed body soap, but this is intoxicating

If anyone orders from Jaco again, you must try the rooibos body soap. Jaco sent me a sample and i tried it out. I usually HATE perfumed body soap, but this is intoxicating

I was actually looking at their body soaps and shampoo last week. Will be sure to grab some to try on next order.

Thanks for the heads up @SmokeyJoe .

What soaps/cream have yous all tried that you liked?
I think this may help people in the future to choose a soap or cream.

I've tried the Palmshave cream when I bought my first kit, it's ok to start off with but once you try some of the other stuff I find it to be my least favorite.
I also find it dries up quicker on the face than the others I have tried.
images-13.jpeg

Then the other 2 I have tried and enjoyed both equally as much as they both have a really nice scent and lather up beautifully is the "bundubeard" soap sandalwood scent
and the "On the berg" soap.
You honestly cant go wrong with either of these two.
I did find staright out the tin/box the "on the berg" is slightly easier to lather up as it is a softer soap.
IMG_0433_large.jpeg
IMG_2639_large.jpeg

All these soaps/creams are available through Bundubeard and others if you so please.

Placed my order after overnight cut off time so I was not expecting this waiting for me when I got to work this morning.
B6146BB3-A2CC-410A-8766-B3B3C39DB5D2.jpeg A08A9FCB-F8E7-455E-BC5D-FFA314565E3C.jpeg D24EAA6F-080A-43B4-8C38-5FA44684C311.jpeg 26117924-72DD-43BA-9B37-84058F3C9F1A.jpeg 17B8B06C-58D9-4EFA-8D1D-5DA1B354F47A.jpeg 0EB41892-4707-475D-9564-757A725C3C59.jpeg 5EB26761-D864-48DE-8880-F916598F1503.jpeg
What a beauty! Complimentary shaving soap is the cherry on top of this sweet experience of top notch service.

I did not shave this morning, expecting to give the razor a good workout tomorrow evening as I only expected to get it during the course of Friday.

Will see if I can last the day without having a shave at work, I’m so tempted.

More feedback later.

Regards

Placed my order after overnight cut off time so I was not expecting this waiting for me when I got to work this morning.
View attachment 187012 View attachment 187013 View attachment 187014 View attachment 187015 View attachment 187016 View attachment 187017 View attachment 187018
What a beauty! Complimentary shaving soap is the cherry on top of this sweet experience of top notch service.

I did not shave this morning, expecting to give the razor a good workout tomorrow evening as I only expected to get it during the course of Friday.

Will see if I can last the day without having a shave at work, I’m so tempted.

More feedback later.

Regards

Bundubeard delivers once again, there customer service for me personally (and from what I've seen on this thread) has to be one if not the best in the online industry.

That is one beautiful Razor @Raindance cant wait to hear how your experience with her goes.

Taking bets now....
My money is @Raindance shaves before the end of the day :-D

We are having a lot of fun thanks to @Clouds4Days and Bundubeard! I'm now getting into trouble from my wife for getting involved in another thing that keeps me ordering from online shops.

@Clouds4Days if you bump into my wife don't tell her it was you that got me Classic Wet Shaving because you will get hurt! ;-)

I'm now getting into trouble from my wife for getting involved in another thing that keeps me ordering from online shops.

@Clouds4Days if you bump into my wife don't tell her it was you that got me Classic Wet Shaving because you will get hurt! ;-)

Oh no.... :O you suppose to keep these things secret Uncle @Rob Fisher .
Now I can never go to KZN again :-D

I want to order another bunch of goodies, Is it fine if I tell my wife you pif'd it too me Uncle Rob :-D
I will tell Jaco on his note he must just state "Enjoy all these free goodies, love Rob Fisher" :-D

Last edited:
Back