Classified Suggestion Box

RevnLucky7

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
EDIT: Please drop all your suggestions on the Classifieds can be improved in here.

Would the mods be kind enough to open move all closed sales to an archive in here and close down the threads for no further inquiries please.

Just think it would help keep things organized.

Cheers

Last edited:
Done, Gizmo please check if ok - first time I created a new node and forum. Will move some of the other there as well.

All advertisers in the classies, please post on your thread when you want it to be closed/moved to the archives. Threads older than 3 months will be archived, unless you instruct otherwise.

I see that there are a lot of threads where the goods for sale have been sold.
is there not a way to have the post marked as sold or something..or is it the responsibility of the Poster to edit their own post.?

Yes, the poster should post asking for the thread to be closed. I do from time to time close some if items all seem to be sold. Will visit soon.

Items to be posted must include

- description
- price
- reason for selling

Most of the items I have viewed these questions keep coming up in the thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Agreed - pictures are important as is a full description

The reason for selling is also something that most people want to know.

I agree fully with @Tornalca's list above.

Hi there, hope I'm not suggesting something that's already in place, but could the classifieds be sorted by location?

Not technically possible at this stage... but we have added it to the "Wish List".

What about a iTrader rating system, where after a deal you can give positive/negative rep with a comment. The system works well on SAGamer

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

What about a iTrader rating system, where after a deal you can give positive/negative rep with a comment. The system works well on SAGamer

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

Agreed, but that reminds me. Need to ask their mods how you can submit a rating without supplying the thread link (not required). On carb it's required.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

would it be possible to add a search feature specific to classified sales. if we make our ad subject descriptive enough this will make it alot easier for people to find exactly what they are looking for within the classifieds sections. possibly add a drop down that gives you an option to search the whole site or just the classifieds section when you click search

would it be possible to add a search feature specific to classified sales. if we make our ad subject descriptive enough this will make it alot easier for people to find exactly what they are looking for within the classifieds sections. possibly add a drop down that gives you an option to search the whole site or just the classifieds section when you click search

Click on search, then advanced search. Scroll down to classifieds section and select it. You can also select multiple forums by holding select when you click

awesome. been scratching using tapatalk and could not find this option. thanks for the quick tutorial

Messages on pricing should be done in PM?

Not only to avoid low blows (is there a button for this)
But also it keeps things simple

Then it would be more like a silent auction than a classified sale

All negotiations and questions must be posted on the sales thread and NOT by PM. Communications may only be taken to PM once the sale and price has been agreed upon on the open forum and payment/collection details need to be given.

I copied this from another forum. There were quite a few times I was interested in an item and it was sold via pm.

All negotiations and questions must be posted on the sales thread and NOT by PM. Communications may only be taken to PM once the sale and price has been agreed upon on the open forum and payment/collection details need to be given.

I copied this from another forum. There were quite a few times I was interested in an item and it was sold via pm.

if guys adhered to the classified rules this would be avoided altogther. once item is sold thread should be closed or requested to be closed by an admin.

when it comes to classifieds alot of members overlook the rules. i get the feeling admins and mods will be coming down alot harder on offenders as more complaints arise

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but how about 2 new review sections. One for buyer and one for seller? Had great experiences with all my transactions and would like somewhere that I can mention that these buyers were great to deal with.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but how about 2 new review sections. One for buyer and one for seller? Had great experiences with all my transactions and would like somewhere that I can mention that these buyers were great to deal with.
i like this idea and i 2nd the motion

Hi guys - I like the suggestions above

I.e. that communication takes place on the open thread so that everyone knows what is going on.

And also a buyers and sellers "review" thread.

But just remember, the Classifieds section is a value add to this forum. It's a free resource. So it needs to be used with care. The Admins & Mods donate their spare time to helping out on the forum. We cannot watch everything all the time and step in at every point when something goes wrong. The members need to put in the effort too and use it correctly.

Also, when the item is sold, the seller needs to make a post to say it has been sold. Sometimes this is not happening.

Back