Clyrolinx Concentrate Percentages

Mike-r

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi gents.

I know it's been posted before.

But I need a bit of a guideline on percentages I need to add when using the Clyrolinx Concentrated flavors?

I have been toying with Banana, Apple and Red Energy.

But doesn't taste 100%

Does anyone have experience with their flavors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their flavors are more accents than full spectrum. You will need to fill them out with creams or nuts etc.

There was a post in the local is lekker thread which had a lot of guideline percentages.

Tried a few flavours at 2-2.5%, dumped the one and the rest are very perfumy at those percentages. Got 2 steeping which I used at 1% in a recipe, will give some feedback when I test them.

Thanks Moon. I made a 0.5 % banana. Been trying every day. And every day it's just been better. 4 days steeping now and I'm about to say it's almost ready. Like 2 more days and we should be good to go.

I have bought alot of the concentrates and also just couldn't get the taste I was looking for. I have found that you need to use very little % wise as I have tried about 17 concentrates at 2%, 5%, and 10% (started with 10% and diluted down) and even at 2% most of them have a strong perfume taste

Last edited:
A 2c... Perfumey flavors require 2 weeks to steep if they still perfumey after that period then they no good.

These are the ones I have tried and I know some are not flavours on there own. I have tried all of them at 5% and still perfume taste. I have tried blueberry at 2% and still getting a perfume taste and strawberry milk on 2% is not to bad, strawberries and cream at 2% also not to bad, the others I really can't remember which was OK and which was still perfume as its been awhile since I have vaped them as I gave up because of the perfume taste I kept getting. I also would not recommend the watermelon as (my opinion) it is disgusting. I hope this helps you

Attachments

• 20160822_191057.jpg
    20160822_191057.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 20160822_191105.jpg
    20160822_191105.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 20160822_191113.jpg
    20160822_191113.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 20160822_191118.jpg
    20160822_191118.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 95
Another 2c... The old English toffee and the butterscotch are good @1%

A 2c... Perfumey flavors require 2 weeks to steep if they still perfumey after that period then they no good.

Also just a side note I did let them steep for about a week and still perfume and then I gave up on them. It's been about a month and a halfnow since I have mixed them up so when I get a chance I'll vape them and give you guys some feedback if they have gotten better

@Kyli3boi so glad I am not the only one getting the perfume flavour from these concentrates.

Also hesitant to use them again and not in the mood to go through a whole lot of testing again. When smelling the concentrates they smell bang on but taste nothing like you would imagine.

Watching this thread pretty close, I picked up a few Clyrolinx concentrates and mixed up a Caramel coffee flavor.

1% Brown Sugar, 1% Cream, 1% Caramel, .5% Espresso Coffee.
And a quick vape after 4 Days, Im thinking it needs to sit a while longer. Hoping that it will turn out good around 2 weeks.

After reading this thread decided to test/taste a milk tart recipe if have been working on, this time added CLY Milk tart, hoping it would make the recipe, unfortunately it has given it a weird taste .

Can't quite place my finger on what it actually tastes like. This was probably the 5 th iteration of the recipe I have made so I know the flavour profile quite well. It has been steeping for 9 days.

I have only done two Cly mixes so far: Malva Pudding at 3% mixed with FA Custard at 2%. I'm not getting any perfumey taste from that but I'm not getting any malva pudding either. It's just FA Custard dominating. The second was Milk Tart at 3% with FA Forest Mix at 2%. On this one, I don't taste the berries at all. While the milk tart is quite reminiscent of a milk tart aroma, it is also pungent, chemicaly and way too strong, probably killing the berry flavour in the process. I have added all the ingredients again (except the Milk Tart) to halve the Milk Tart concentration. I'll steep that for a day or three and see how that goes.

I've decided to start Cly flavours at 1% and increase only if there is no discernible flavour. Even at the recommended 3%, it seems some of them are miles too strong at that concentration. It will be great if all or even some of their flavours are just right at 1% because it will make DIY ridiculously cheap. But I suspect some of the flavours may be a bust and even adding a drop too much turns it from acceptable into unvapeable.

I agree with all the replies up top. Won't use their concentrate again. I've pick some e-cig FA Cream and Strawberries last night. Made a 10ml no nic last night and will vape it tonight to see how it goes. Luckily I only bought 3 flavors. So not too much school fees wasted.

Mine is still in steeping progress, made about 7 mixes if I recall correctly. Will report back when I do some testers either tonight or on Sunday night when I get back home.

I agree with all the replies up top. Won't use their concentrate again. I've pick some e-cig FA Cream and Strawberries last night. Made a 10ml no nic last night and will vape it tonight to see how it goes. Luckily I only bought 3 flavors. So not too much school fees wasted.

Fresh Cream at 1% and Strawberry Red Touch at 3% So far so good at 1 day steeping and a 5 minute hot water bath. Tastes lekke and no per-fumy taste either.
So its definitely something to do with the Clyrolinx Concentrates. Maybe the base they use inst so great.

Fresh Cream at 1% and Strawberry Red Touch at 3% So far so good at 1 day steeping and a 5 minute hot water bath. Tastes lekke and no per-fumy taste either.
So its definitely something to do with the Clyrolinx Concentrates. Maybe the base they use inst so great.

I mixed the CLY Strawberries and Cream at 3% with 2% CLY Shortbread and it is rather gross... That perfumey taste has not gone away - 3 weeks later...
I added some sweetener and a bit of plain cream but that taste just lingers...

I just mixed a batch of CLY naartjie 4% 70/30 3mg no steep just shake n Vape, it's brilliant!! Fresh, tart and thoroughly enjoyable.

Must say, not enjoying my watermelon and cherry CLY mixes at the moment. The shortbread and amaretto is promising in smell but weird tasting.
One success I do have though is my litchi mango blend. Made a batch of 70/30 with a 2% mango and 1% litchi. It is tasting the business so far. Just need to put in some back notes of coconut and some mint/menthol/Koolada and it will feel like a tropical dive holiday.

Must say, not enjoying my watermelon and cherry CLY mixes at the moment. The shortbread and amaretto is promising in smell but weird tasting.
One success I do have though is my litchi mango blend. Made a batch of 70/30 with a 2% mango and 1% litchi. It is tasting the business so far. Just need to put in some back notes of coconut and some mint/menthol/Koolada and it will feel like a tropical dive holiday.

If you use CLY Coconut be careful, it is much stronger than FA Coconut.
It is a nice creamy smooth coconut but it is quite strong. I only found this out recently when trying a recipe that had FA coconut. To get it to taste the same I had to more than half the CLY coconut to FA.

Back