CNC Lasercutter/engraver

blujeenz

Loafing since 2013
LV

Awards
Feeling chuffed with myself as I finally got my cnc machine finished that I started back in 2015.

I had issues with the hand cut acryllic gantry sides causing tolerance problems with tracking so I set aside 2 weeks to recut the perspex and tweak everything just so.

I'm now happy with the way its running and seeing as decent power lasers(3W) are hard to come by in SA, I've played around using it as a plotter with a 3D printed pen holder.

A closer look at the electronics, arduino uno and cnc shield v3, 2 x drv8825's and nema 17's (m1717). The cable chains were printed off Thingiverse, looks good and neatens the wiring.
IMG_4190.JPG

Top down view, just finished the "tulip tosser" by Banksy which took 13min.
The work area is slightly larger than A4, 330mmm X 220mm.
IMG_4194.JPG

Feeling chuffed with myself as I finally got my cnc machine finished that I started back in 2015.

I had issues with the hand cut acryllic gantry sides causing tolerance problems with tracking so I set aside 2 weeks to recut the perspex and tweak everything just so.

I'm now happy with the way its running and seeing as decent power lasers(3W) are hard to come by in SA, I've played around using it as a plotter with a 3D printed pen holder.

A closer look at the electronics, arduino uno and cnc shield v3, 2 x drv8825's and nema 17's (m1717). The cable chains were printed off Thingiverse, looks good and neatens the wiring.
View attachment 137781

Top down view, just finished the "tulip tosser" by Banksy which took 13min.
The work area is slightly larger than A4, 330mmm X 220mm.
View attachment 137782
Sjoe @blujeenz ! That's incredible!

And to think I was feeling proud of myself when I polyfiller'd a whole in the wall last weekend.

This is amazing @blujeenz
How long does it take to complete that "drawing"

Back