DirtyD

Vapeoholic Carfanatic
LV

Awards
So I decided after having the first Mage RTA for a little over 2 months, its time for the new one , the GTA :cool::cool: I still kept my Mage RTA though, its the old faithful and best tank ever and I cannot go a day without it :h:

Got mine on Saturday and must say with a 4 wrap SS 316 Fused Clapton 3mm ID , 55w and 250 degress TC mode on a Minikin V2 its a dream.

Had struggles with the previous build , it was a 3mm 22ga kanthal with a little bit too much cotton in... Cotton bacon in the new build , just enough, awesome !

Still struggling to only focus on the GTA, as the RTA is calling me the whole time and asking me to take a drag from him :nod::nod:

All I can say is, the GTA gets quite thirsty with a fused clapton build but with the SS TC control its a little bit better . Build deck is huge and awesome, perfect for big single coil builds. GOOD quality machining and product overall, the driptip is easier to loosen from the tank than on previous RTA (can actually grip the driptip and turn it off with ease ) .

Also, a big plus one is you can interchange the driptips on the GTA and RTA, that means you can sort of change the taste or where the vapour is directed at (RTA driptip being more direct).

I put my custom resin driptip from the RTA on my GTA and the GTA's standard driptip on the RTA, perfectttt :):)

Hope you enjoyed the mini review, looking forward to @Rob Fisher 's review on this little beast.

Let me know what you think if you also own one >:)

Pics to follow this sentence
:DREVIL:

FPyBDGD.jpg

1LGSYly.jpg

kNreSBj.jpg

0ItEPLe.jpg

y1Rma1t.jpg

Mage life :smirk::smirk::smirk:
qW0cz48.jpg

Mage GTA arrived this morning... quick build (as always a Ni 80 24g 7 wrap 3,5mm 0.62Ω) and wicked with Cotton Bacon.

Non standard drip tip so epic fail... the vape is pretty damn good... as for the rest of the review that will have to come after I have spent some time with it... filling the tank was an issue and the gap for the juice to flow down into the well underneath appears to be really tight and you can see the trapped air bubble at the wicks... the build quality is a LOT better than the first Mage I got and they appear to have sorted out thier quality control issues. The tank looks good!

The flavour is top notch... I think my wick tails may need a bit of trimming and that may be why I have the air bubble below... more in a few days.

MageGTA 001.JPG MageGTA 002.JPG

Lay the tank on it's side and broke the air lock... now the tank is full!
Mage GTA 001.JPG

And building in it was reasonably easy Rob?

Yip it was @Stosta... the post are quite wide, to accommodate big builds I'm sure, so my little 3,5mm Ni80 coil had pretty long legs but after squeezing and a bit of strumming the coils were just fine!

Yip it was @Stosta... the post are quite wide, to accommodate big builds I'm sure, so my little 3,5mm Ni80 coil had pretty long legs but after squeezing and a bit of strumming the coils were just fine!
It's a really good-looking tank too, has the nice clean lines that I think always look so neat. Pity about the DT, but maybe the flavour can justify a custom request to @hands !

It's a really good-looking tank too, has the nice clean lines that I think always look so neat. Pity about the DT, but maybe the flavour can justify a custom request to @hands !

Yes it is a good looking tank... however the non standard drip tip is a real deal breaker for me because my lips now touch the whole tank and I don't smaak that one bit... added to that it suffers from a real air bubble issue... you actually have to lie the tank on it's side for the air bubble to escape and let the juice flow down... but this may be a wicking issue and I will try it later with thinner tails...

The flavour is indeed first class! :campeon:

maybe the flavour can justify a custom request to @hands !

The problem is the drip tip has threads so a custom @hands drip tip isn't an option either. Not sure how long the threads in the plastic (Delrin) drip tip will last either.

Last edited:
OK let's rewick the Mage GTA with less tail... I'm sure my last tails were too thick in the juice channel.

There is TONS of space for large coils... I prefer simple Ni80 Coils with the result that the legs are a little long but the flavour is really good!
MageGTAWick1.jpg MageGTAWick2.jpg

Fluffed the wick and trimmed the tails by half...
MageGTAWick3.jpg MageGTAWick4.jpg

Filling was a little easier this time but still there that that really annoying air bubble at the bottom...
MageGTAWick5.jpg

Lying the tank on the side I'm able to get rid of the air bubble...
MageGTAWick6.jpg MageGTAWick7.jpg

After getting rid of the air bubble I can now fill the tank all the way... see how much more juice is needed once the air bubble has been sorted...
MageGTAWick8.jpg

Nothing wrong with the clouds or the flavour!
MageGTAWick9.jpg

The bubbles thing would probably irritate me, I like the look and build deck and don't mind that drip tip but all in all I think I may still rather go for another serpent 25 or the merlin mini

Great posts and photos @Rob Fisher
Thanks for documenting and sharing!

I must say the flavour is on par with the SM25! Very nice flavour!

I love the draw on mine, and as you say Uncle Rob, awesome flavour. Filling is a bit more fidly than the SM25. Tilt the tank slightly to the side as you fill @Rob Fisher, then as juice fills the base it pushes air out as it comes back up the other side

I love the drip tip, but am very carefull when screwing the top back on and also see this threading as a weakness. Im sure the Mage resin tips will also be available for these

I love the draw on mine, and as you say Uncle Rob, awesome flavour. Filling is a bit more fidly than the SM25. Tilt the tank slightly to the side as you fill @Rob Fisher, then as juice fills the base it pushes air out as it comes back up the other side

Yip I do do that... but as you vape you have the same air bubble issue... outstanding flavour but too many issues for this tank to make it into an ADV for me... :confused::(

Not one that I have found @daniel craig... other than lying the tank on it's side and letting the air bubble escape.
Do you think it's kind of like the airlock issue with the ceramics? I've been using mine and after a while there was still juice in the tank but the cotton was dry.

It could also be because of the small gap between the glass and the chamber/chimney which doesn't allow thick juice to flow through.

Do you think it's kind of like the airlock issue with the ceramics? I've been using mine and after a while there was still juice in the tank but the cotton was dry.

It could also be because of the small gap between the glass and the chamber/chimney which doesn't allow thick juice to flow through.

Nope it's a different issue and you are spot on with your second reason... and I use 50/50 juice so the thicker juices will be even more of an issue.

I also got dry vapes this morning while the tank had plenty of juice in it... I just am obsessed with clearing the air bubble now and the vape has been beautiful ever since... but the bubble is driving me to drink!

The question is if you don't turn it to get rid of the bubbles do you get a dry hit? I know that no juice to the wicks will cause but does it get to that point without intervention?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

The question is if you don't turn it to get rid of the bubbles do you get a dry hit? I know that no juice to the wicks will cause but does it get to that point without intervention?

Yes you will get a dry hit if you don't pay attention to the bubble... I did this morning and had to rewick... and that's another issue... you can't really rewick without losing all your juice in the tank. :confused:

Back