Coils and that stuff

Must say this build is much better than first one. Much better flavour and clouds. Think the bigger diameter help to do better wicking. First one I struggled to get cotton through and it was real tight, this one much looser. Think I got dry hits with first build and did not even know it, thought thats how its suppose to taste, hehe.
Now I must just get other juice, one I have is great for an hour or to but then gets to sweet

I am expressing my opinion based on the progression of posts, all in the span of 5 days, from incoherent descriptions of basic vape lingo to full-on use of experienced and technical terminology in such a remarkable short period of time. It took me about 6 months to get comfortable with same.

Just my 10c...

Well all was not born equal. It took my mechanic 6 months to try and figure out why my gearbox is leaking oil after he replaced th clutch. It took me two hours and a few youtube videos and some commoin sense to tell him how to do his job.
But with these ratio's you are mentioning, Im sure in 6months I will gladly teach you a thing or two

Anyway @thatrudeguy Since you trolling here. Tell me what is the theory behind, that everytime I refill juice in my tank, I have a leak. I only loosen that top cap thingy that you put your lips on to refill. Lol I cant seem to find a youtube video explaining that

Anyway @thatrudeguy Since you trolling here. Tell me what is the theory behind, that everytime I refill juice in my tank, I have a leak. I only loosen that top cap thingy that you put your lips on to refill. Lol I cant seem to find a youtube video explaining that

Well, I’m sure you have not YouTubed hard enough then...;)
It is called air pressure... Youtube it...:)

You see this is how nice this forum is. After just the word airpressure I know 10% more. Even without having to youtube.
I have seen that I can look straight in on top and see the coils. But now after airpressure I looked closely and see that the whole tank area is actually sealed off and only has 4 holes where the wicks are on the inside and juice cover them outside. So now I can understand that airpressure can build up in tank or maybe more like a suction effect, and as soon as you open the top it gets disturbed.
I also wonder if that is part of the workings on how juice get delivered quickly to wicks after every pull/vape?IMG_20181102_170820.jpg

Hi @Jean claude Vaaldamme. I don't think I have welcomed you to the forum yet, so first things first, welcome and I am sure you will find the answers to your questions around every corner here.

I've been reading through your thread here and I have to commend you on the fact that you are willing to ask questions when you're not sure of something. As you can see, many people here are more than willing to lend a helping hand where they can. I'm pretty new here myself, but I have to admit that I am learning everyday. Most of the more experienced people here (some of them have been vaping for 10+ years) will openly and honestly admit that they are still learning from day to day. This forum is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips, IF you know how to use it. Various individuals here have their "field of expertise", for a lack of better words, such as coils, wicking, RDA's/RTA's, batteries, mixing etc.

I have only a few pieces of advise I would like to share, they've helped me and I am sure they will help you as well:

1. ASK as many questions as possible in your journey into becoming a more experienced vaper.
2. LISTEN to the advice that this community provides. They've been vaping for longer than most and have much to offer. They are not being remunerated for their efforts to assist anyone here, they are doing it because they care and because they WANT to help. The people at your local vape shop ARE getting paid and they provided you with much worse advise and service than the guys here!!!
3. ENJOY your journey and have fun with it. Try new things and ask for advise along the way. Vaping is amazing and so is this community. Who knows, you might want to attend VapeCon 2019 and you'll get a chance to meet some of these amazing individuals. ;)

Enjoy every moment and I wish you all the best in giving up smoking for good! :thumbsup:

Ok just a update or two. I have build coils almost everyday:--P, just for the fun, to try getting better and try new things. Yesterday I build a single coil setup, but that was a fail. I think the Moonbox is to powerfull for a single coil. On my lowest power setting I could hardly press the power button then the juice sounds like its exploding inside. So today back to 2 coils. Did a 3mm diameter with 7loops. Got to .26ohm.
Still have problems with leaking(only after the second juice refill) got a new tip on youtube where you pull some of your wick throught that little holes that goes into the tank. Will see if the work.

Just another question on the batteries, as my battery thread got derailed:asz:.
My charger works with an usb, thats not the internal charger, one that I bought. Now the batteries stay cool as a cucumber while charging, but I plug the usb in at my Iphone charger and that seems to get a bit hot. Is that normal or should I get something else?

Just another question on the batteries, as my battery thread got derailed:asz:.
My charger works with an usb, thats not the internal charger, one that I bought. Now the batteries stay cool as a cucumber while charging, but I plug the usb in at my Iphone charger and that seems to get a bit hot. Is that normal or should I get something else?
I'm no expert when it comes to electronics, but you'll find that your iPhone charger delivers 1amp to a max of 2amps of power to your charger. If I'm not mistaken, your battery charger needs quite a bit more power to do its job than just a max of 2 amps. This means that your iPhone charger is working way harder than it should. You'll probably also notice that your batteries are taking quite a long time to charge. You will need to look at getting a battery charger that has either a two prong plug (delivering 5 amps, I think) or a charger with a tree prong plug (delivering 15 amps). Again, I'm no expert on the subject of electronics, so one of the other forum members would probably be able to give you beter advice.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ok another question on coils. I really try to search the forum, but the search get stuck often.
Anyway, is there some type of coil wire that give off some chemicals? Opened the moonshot that I bought from a member today and there was two fancy twisted coils in, dont know what you call it. Anyway it looked clean, not wicked, so I dry burned it. Looked for hotspots, even heatng and all that stuff. Then wicked it and filled tank. Now Im coughing with every vape, taste almost like some acid chemical. Did I wick wrong, dont think its dry hit. Or do you get types of wire that produce some chemicals

I am expressing my opinion based on the progression of posts, all in the span of 5 days, from incoherent descriptions of basic vape lingo to full-on use of experienced and technical terminology in such a remarkable short period of time. It took me about 6 months to get comfortable with same.

Just my 10c...
Because not everyone is daring, willing to learn and make a ton of mistakes before they get there. Progress is made by the ability to learn and if you can learn stuff quickly, why not?

Like me, I'm cautious because I don't want a mod blowing up my face or waste my juice mixing supplies. I might not ask a lot but I do read a lot and some people assume that they need to give me a class room lecture on stuff.

Don't judge the book by its cover before you read it.

I'm no expert when it comes to electronics, but you'll find that your iPhone charger delivers 1amp to a max of 2amps of power to your charger. If I'm not mistaken, your battery charger needs quite a bit more power to do its job than just a max of 2 amps. This means that your iPhone charger is working way harder than it should. You'll probably also notice that your batteries are taking quite a long time to charge. You will need to look at getting a battery charger that has either a two prong plug (delivering 5 amps, I think) or a charger with a tree prong plug (delivering 15 amps). Again, I'm no expert on the subject of electronics, so one of the other forum members would probably be able to give you beter advice.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Just to chuck in my two cents on this matter.

iPhone chargers should deliver between 1 and 2 amps and the USB standard voltage is 5V which will give you between 5 to 10 watts of charging power. It's really up to the Mod (it's charging chip that is) to take what it wants from the charger and if the Mod is capable of accepting 2Amps (10Watts) from a charger that can deliver that, then expect a fair amount of heat from both pieces of hardware.

Some Mods say thay can "Fast Charge" and looking at the specs of that so called "Fast Charge", it just means they will take up to 2 amps, or that is what I've seen on Mods so far.

This is very different from the Samsung (and Other Manufacturers) "Fast Charging" Cellphone tech - That is a different animal and I wish to not bore you with the tech stuff any further, but if you plug your mod into a charger that has a lightning bolt and "Fast Charge" written next to it, it probably will not charge your batteries any faster than a regular charger without those markings. I bring this up here because I have had so many try to convince me otherwise and a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. Also be careful of tricky marketing slogans like "QC2.0" is "Quick Charge 2.0 Amps" in the world of most Vape Mods. "QC2.0" is "Qualcomm Version 2.0" in the Cellphone industry. They are different.

Lithium-ion batteries a pretty nasty things, but they pack a punch in a small form factor so the world loves to use them in all sorts of gadgets.If you charge them too fast, they might pop. You need to rely on the External Charger's or Mod's Charging Management Chip to charge the batteries in the safest possible manner. These batteries don't like too much heat either.

Instructions that came with my Asmodus Mod recommends an external charger. Its charging management chip will only accept 1 Amp from a charger (Asmodus playing it safe) and if you were to charge that way it will take around 6 hours to fully charge 2 x 18650's with a 3000mah capacity.

I hope this helps and is not too confusing.

iPhone chargers should deliver between 1 and 2 amps and the USB standard voltage is 5V which will give you between 5 to 10 watts of charging power. It's really up to the Mod (it's charging chip that is) to take what it wants from the charger and if the Mod is capable of accepting 2Amps (10Watts) from a charger that can deliver that, then expect a fair amount of heat from both pieces of hardware.

Some Mods say thay can "Fast Charge" and looking at the specs of that so called "Fast Charge", it just means they will take up to 2 amps, or that is what I've seen on Mods so far.

This is very different from the Samsung (and Other Manufacturers) "Fast Charging" Cellphone tech - That is a different animal and I wish to not bore you with the tech stuff any further, but if you plug your mod into a charger that has a lightning bolt and "Fast Charge" written next to it, it probably will not charge your batteries any faster than a regular charger without those markings. I bring this up here because I have had so many try to convince me otherwise and a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. Also be careful of tricky marketing slogans like "QC2.0" is "Quick Charge 2.0 Amps" in the world of most Vape Mods. "QC2.0" is "Qualcomm Version 2.0" in the Cellphone industry. They are different.

Lithium-ion batteries a pretty nasty things, but they pack a punch in a small form factor so the world loves to use them in all sorts of gadgets.If you charge them too fast, they might pop. You need to rely on the External Charger's or Mod's Charging Management Chip to charge the batteries in the safest possible manner. These batteries don't like too much heat either.

Instructions that came with my Asmodus Mod recommends an external charger. Its charging management chip will only accept 1 Amp from a charger (Asmodus playing it safe) and if you were to charge that way it will take around 6 hours to fully charge 2 x 18650's with a 3000mah capacity.

Thanks. I checked my charger, it is an external charger but it use an usb. But it say input is 2amp. I think Iphone is 1amp, so yesterday I used Samsung tablet's charger that says 2.1amp, it was still hot but not as much and charhged much faster

I made a twisted coil last night, with the 24ga I have and build two coils with it. I seriously think newbies should rather start with that. It was so much easier to work with and to build a coil.
IMG_20181109_105951.jpg

See, I told you I'm no expert on the topic! :D

Thanks. I checked my charger, it is an external charger but it use an usb. But it say input is 2amp. I think Iphone is 1amp, so yesterday I used Samsung tablet's charger that says 2.1amp, it was still hot but not as much and charhged much faster
Sorry for the confusion, but by external charger I meant something like this, not the plug-in USB power adapter type.

Glad you got sorted.

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion, but by external charger I meant something like this, not the plug-in USB power adapter type.

Glas you got sorted.
Yes thats how I understood I have this charger, it works with a usb cable, took is specificly so I can use it while camping or fishing and charge from car, and not to have to use the mod internal charge
images.jpeg
Thanks I think the problem was the Iphone charger. Google say Iphone only 1amp and Ipad charger 2amps. So with the Samsung tablet charger that is 2.1amp its much better and faster

Last edited:
Back