Coil's crafted by hand

Thank you @Humbolt .

From the time i sit down,to setting it all up,to finishing-a shot/string of wire takes me between 10-15 mins (depending on whether my son wants to sit and 'help' me :D).

I've ordered wire from @Vapers Corner and will be trying different builds soon-but these are amazing.Good flavour and decent cloud.Well worth it.

10 - 15 minutes is really not bad at all.
Thanks for sharing, need to give this a go myself.

Only a pleasure, awesome thread btw

For the hadaly try
(Mech) ni80 26ga parallel 3mm 5wrap 0.3ohm

Once installed, strum until you have a hairs gap between each strand

Very responsive, warm but not hot, superb flavour

For regulated i would just add another wrap

Regarding the fancy coils, with respect i think guys like @KZOR and @Clouds4Days are far more qualified and experienced .

ooh - that sounds good, and doable. I have all the equipment at home, including the hadaly, so i'm going to give it a try! thanks

pleasure man. what brand of wire are you using. I learnt last night that the wire i'm using is chinese crap, and that there is better quality out there?

I am currently using UD kanthal wire.
On this I've used 2*24ga for my core and 40ga to wrap.

I really want to move on to kidney puncher but my budget is really tight as of late-thus I am reduced to ordering small spools of wire.

PS.I was initially going to use ni80 which most people recommend,but I personally feel that Kanthal wire 'lasts' longer even though it heats up slower than nichrome.
Personal preference i guess...

10 - 15 minutes is really not bad at all.
Thanks for sharing, need to give this a go myself.

It really isnt,and you dont even feel the time because its so much of fun.

I messed up my first 3 attempts because I wasnt putting my 'clapton' wire into the mouth of the drill,but once I youtubed @KZOR 's video it was all smooth sailing.

ooh - that sounds good, and doable. I have all the equipment at home, including the hadaly, so i'm going to give it a try! thanks

Hi bud, is it for a mech? start out with a 6 wrap, you can always remove a wrap later :)

Since using silver contacts and 30amp cells I find 5 wraps a touch too hot, you have to squonk every 2/3 toots

Best regards

Just did a video on where i use the daedalus pro to make larger framed staples for a customer (26ga borders, 8x0.4 ribbons and 38ga clapton).
Just to show that it can also be done. :)
Will upload to youtube in about 40min so hope you are subscribed. :)
Subscribed!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Just did a video on where i use the daedalus pro to make larger framed staples for a customer (26ga borders, 8x0.4 ribbons and 38ga clapton).
Lol I am not very tech savvy but will get subscribing buddy.

Where do you get your wire from by the way?The costs of wire are killing me.

My first and last, almost perfect coil. I enjoy building but it takes too much time and patience

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180227-130334.png
    Screenshot_20180227-130334.png
    823.9 KB · Views: 74

What does this ohm out at @KZOR? My go to Frame is 2x26ga\6x0.4mm\36ga Ni80 - a Dual coil build settles at 0.1 after dry burning :facepalm:
I'm hoping your Frame has a higher resistance as 0.1ohms isn't for everyone..

I agree every builder should try them once. Please attach a picture of the mixed one if you have one. The mixed wire where both 26g? I want to try different gauges struggle to get them into a rda with a clamp one catches and one misses causing a lot of frustration and a terrible vape think you call them staged coils.
Tried this last night for experimental purposes...not enjoyable at all. The staged heating to begin with is an impractical idea in my opinion.

Second one twisted coils:
View attachment 108931
Method:

My method: I use two screwdrivers loop the wire over one and fasten the loose ends to the other one but one screwdriver between your legs while sitting and turn the other end.

Pros:
Increased surface area.
Nice and flavorful vape.
Doesn't use alot of wire.

Cons:
Might result in bleeding fingers with lower gage wire.
May have some spitback.

Loop the wire, put the loop through the clip (thing that keeps it in your pocket) of a pen, clamp other end with pliers. Roll the pen down your thigh until wire breaks. No more bleeding fingers.

Found this one a while ago haven't tried it.
The sleeper build:

Dont understand why you would do this maybe if someone has done this they can give some feedback.

The idea seems to build a duel coil that from a single strand of wire. If that makes sense not building two separate coils.

This helps with even heat distribution.

Vapehyper is not that expensive r100 for 100ft ni80 40ga
Throatpunch- 130m (426 feet) 36g ni80 R170.

Yes, I ran out of wire about 45min ago so I am replying to every single post to keep my sanity....plus I've been coiling for like 2 weeks now so I'm pretty much an expert. :D

The slentre braid:
images-8.jpg
IMG-20180428-WA0002.jpg
IMG_20180427_234621.jpg
Basically one braides around core wire.
Tips I picked up:
The core wire goes through the loop.
Use something light to keep the cores parallel like masking tape or a bit of glue from a glue gun stick.
Gardening gloves are too thick to braid 34ga feel the burn...

Hope to see some more of these and maybe hear some other tips and expiences.

Back