Coil's crafted by hand

Thank you for the input what's the specs of the build for the hadaly? I need to do something new in it.

On the claptons/fused/aliens I would love to learn about them as they are going to be my next venture as soon as I get a drill. Would you consider creating a thread like this one for them? I realy want to keep this one to coils that do not require a drill...

I am really hoping that someone tried something else than these 3 and can share something new with us lol

Only a pleasure, awesome thread btw

For the hadaly try
(Mech) ni80 26ga parallel 3mm 5wrap 0.3ohm

Once installed, strum until you have a hairs gap between each strand

Very responsive, warm but not hot, superb flavour

For regulated i would just add another wrap

Regarding the fancy coils, with respect i think guys like @KZOR and @Clouds4Days are far more qualified and experienced .

Only a pleasure, awesome thread btw

For the hadaly try
(Mech) ni80 26ga parallel 3mm 5wrap 0.3ohm

Once installed, strum until you have a hairs gap between each strand

Very responsive, warm but not hot, superb flavour

For regulated i would just add another wrap

Regarding the fancy coils, with respect i think guys like @KZOR and @Clouds4Days are far more qualified and experienced .

Thanks man seems like I need to get 26g ni80. @KZOR has some awsome tutorials in https://www.ecigssa.co.za/kzors-vids-cape-vape-meet-some-juice-and-squonk-refilling.t31189/

I am a huuuuuge fan of the parallel coil.
It gives un-parallel-ed flavour.. Cannot have enough of it.
I just built a ni80 3mm 8WRAP coil! Thats 16 wraps on each side:pesas:. Just to match performance against the 5wrap.
I would recommend every builder give parallel builds a try

Howsit guys.
Good thread @Friep .

I am currently running 3 builds:
1-Clapton KA1 (26*32) in my everyday tanks (Griffin 25 and VGOD RDTA)-Simple 3mm ID with about 6 wraps-good flavour,not too warm-all in all,a winner.
2-Twisted 24 ga KA1 with a 3mm ID and 5 wraps in my MASON24 RDA-used mainly for cloud chasing and it has done me proud thus far-only con is that it gets extremely hot.
3- Parallel 22ga with 24ga KA1 in my BUDDHA 30mm RDA-running 3mm ID with 7 wraps-also used for cloud chasing and its also a winner.Found that theres less heat than the twisted but slightly less cloud density as well-though the loss in density is very slight.

I am a huuuuuge fan of the parallel coil.
It gives un-parallel-ed flavour.. Cannot have enough of it.
I just built a ni80 3mm 8WRAP coil! Thats 16 wraps on each side:pesas:. Just to match performance against the 5wrap.
I would recommend every builder give parallel builds a try

Been there, done that. Doesn't beat the flavor of a fused clapton.

Twisted in a tick?
(Less than a minute after the third attempt)

Try get ahold of a pair of twisting pliers

Method:

1)Either fold a single strand of wire or if combing two different strands take both and secure them in a bench vice or any clamp will do
2) Secure the ends in the jaws of the pliers
3) While squeezing the pliers slide the silver sleeve back, thus locking the jaws in place
4) Now pull the pliers towards you, straightening the strand
5) Now just support the pliers with either hand and and pull the knob back with the other, causing the pliers to magically turn in mid air :eek:
6) Repeat step 5 until the strand is as tight as you desire

24299A1F-B0B7-48FA-8A51-E20AFF8F2969.jpeg

Last edited:
Twisted in a tick?
(Less than a minute after the third attempt)

Try get ahold of a pair of twisting pliers

Method:

1)Either fold a single strand of wire or if combing two different strands take both and secure them in a bench vice or any clamp will do
2) Pull the strand tight and squeeze the end in the jaws
3) While squeezing the pliers slide the silver sleeve back, thus locking the jaws in place
4) Now just support the pliers with either hand and and pull the knob back with the other, causing the pliers to magically turn in mid air :eek:
5) Repeat step 4 until the strand is as tight as you desire

View attachment 112779

Now this thing looks handy thanks @Smoke_A_Llama

Found this one a while ago haven't tried it.
The sleeper build:

Dont understand why you would do this maybe if someone has done this they can give some feedback.

The idea seems to build a duel coil that from a single strand of wire. If that makes sense not building two separate coils.

Found this one a while ago haven't tried it.
The sleeper build:

Dont understand why you would do this maybe if someone has done this they can give some feedback.

The idea seems to build a duel coil that from a single strand of wire. If that makes sense not building two separate coils.

My guess is that it helps when you have a deck with posts with small holes which can prevent you from installing large coils due to limited space for the legs, also maybe it can ensure that the current will travel through both coils at a shorter time = quicker firing ( which to me is negligible but I am known to be wrong quite often)

Last edited:
Thought I would bump this page with my first ever fused claptons!!!

24ga*2 wrapped with 40ga -All kanthal at 3mm ID-Coming in at 0.12ohms.

Proud moment!

Attachments

• fused claptons 1.jpg
    fused claptons 1.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 76
  • fused claptons 2.jpg
    fused claptons 2.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 79
Thought I would bump this page with my first ever fused claptons!!!

24ga*2 wrapped with 40ga -All kanthal at 3mm ID-Coming in at 0.12ohms.

Proud moment!
Build me a paar cloud chasers there man hahaha... awesome stuff oupal! Looks great at a first attempt, maybe I must get me the Daedalus tool also

Thanks @RenaldoRheeder and @Jengz .

@Jengz remind me before the next meet up and I'll hook you up with a powerful set of coils.

@antonherbst -You were right sir,the Daedalus really is a brilliant machine.
With just one view of @KZOR 's video , I have become a pro.Really looking forward to trying out his staggered fused clapton build soon.

PS.Building all these coils really uses alot of wire,wow! :eek:

Thanks @RenaldoRheeder and @Jengz .

@Jengz remind me before the next meet up and I'll hook you up with a powerful set of coils.

@antonherbst -You were right sir,the Daedalus really is a brilliant machine.
With just one view of @KZOR 's video , I have become a pro.Really looking forward to trying out his staggered fused clapton build soon.

PS.Building all these coils really uses alot of wire,wow! :eek:

Great to hear that you also found it easy. And yes it does use alot of wire but it is sk worth it.

Happy coil wrapping and looking forward to seeing the clouds.

Back