Colleague still smokes inbetween vaping...

SmokelessFire

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Ok guys and gals - need your advice here.

My colleague started vaping about 3-4 months ago.

He smoked all his life. Age 69.

His setup is a normal Kangertech Evod with 18mg juice.

He says he is not satisfied after vaping a while and then smokes a stinkie to "top up" his nic level.

Then he vapes to sustain until he smokes again. (Usually with our other colleagues who smoke)

Repeat cycle.

What could be the problem and/or solution.

I suggested he should get a more powerful device such as a vv3 or mvp2 for a better throat hit.

Or maybe up his nic juice?

Need your help.

PS. He has cut down on stinkies quite drastically since vaping.

I smoked close on 39 years and 18mg would've been way too low for me, I suggest he should get higher nicotine e-juice.

Keep an eye on the classifieds... that SVD sale today would have been perfect for him. He really should try and get an 18650 device and either a Nautilus Mini or better still a Kayfun or Russian. Yes I know it's a big step and a hassle to build coils and wicks and charge batteries but the bottom line is almost everyone who vapes will go through a journey of discovery and will end up building coils and making wicks because that's where the satisfaction rests...

Up until the point I got my Russian I was worried I may return to stinkies... but from the Russian onward I knew I would never again touch a stinky because the satisfaction levels from that point on were perfect!

Let him smoke the occasional stinky till you see a deal in the classifieds!

I would maybe also look at getting a good Tabacco flavoured juice.

In my first month the RY4 juices helped me with getting that mindset calm.

I couldn't have personally gone straight to fruit and desert juices. I need a good 18mg Tabacco like kick.

My advice... Nautilus mini on a Vision Spinner 2, simple, effective. Just upgrading the evod batteries to the VS2 will make a big difference. I wouldn't up the nic from 18mg, anything higher may be too harsh and put him off. 24mg juice is also hard to find, unless you look at Hangsen or something similar, and those juices are just icky.

Rogue, he is vaping tobacco from Liqua.

I turned him onto VM4 and Legends too. He really enjoys vm4.

But methinks he's more of a menthol guy.

Yip, I think a VV battery (MVP2 or Spinner2) with the mAN will be a good kick for him.
And do give the 24 mg a shot, it might just do the trick, especially in the beginning.

Remember that higher power vapes more liquid faster, so getting a better atty or battery might give him the kick he needs without having to go to 24mg, while giving more flavour as well.

Vaping twice the power on 12mg would be similar to 24mg for example

I also did that for the first 3 weeks when I started vaping. It willl fade, well it did for me. He will need some encouragement and some self discipline.
I smoked about 4 or 5 stinkies a week and then stopped completely after 3 weeks.
He should try and avoid smokers (while they are smoking) as much as possible for a while so that he cannot by influenced by them.

Remember that higher power vapes more liquid faster, so getting a better atty or battery might give him the kick he needs without having to go to 24mg, while giving more flavour as well.

Vaping twice the power on 12mg would be similar to 24mg for example

Bu it is cheaper to get 24mg juice than upgrade the whole kit, just my 2c

Bu it is cheaper to get 24mg juice than upgrade the whole kit, just my 2c

Agreed, but a better battery / lower ohm coils might produce a more satisfying vape ;) My point is that there are many options - from different juice to different coils to different batteries to a different atty - all at different price points.

Agreed, but a better battery / lower ohm coils might produce a more satisfying vape ;) My point is that there are many options - from different juice to different coils to different batteries to a different atty - all at different price points.

I agree with you, like you say here are options. I just think we should ask the new vapers budget for starting or to get new gear so that we know what road to recommend.

Back