Cotton bacon v2 vs cotton bacon prime

A mate of mine just buys a bag of cotton from dischem for R20 bucks

He swears by it

You will be blown away by TFC. 5 days for me. And the reason I rewick is because the coil is gunked. I'm sure tfc can go more than a week of heavy vaping.

My adv is the peppermint crisp chocolate bar clone - a coil gunker of note and I mainly stick to my rda. Used to rewick every 24 hours. Now it's 2 to 3 days.

The only issue I have with bacon prime is that it dont last long.
I rewick everyday, but theres no doubt it wicks like a beast and flavour is on point.

I also re-wick daily @Bear_Vapes I find if I get lazy and go into the second day, at about midday I start swearing at myself for not re-wicking the night before, the spitting, popping and crackling drives me crazy :). But I vape between 30 to 40ml's a day.
I don't think the question should be how often do you re-wick but rather after how many ml's do you re-wick.

I also re-wick daily @Bear_Vapes I find if I get lazy and go into the second day, at about midday I start swearing at myself for not re-wicking the night before, the spitting, popping and crackling drives me crazy :). But I vape between 30 to 40ml's a day.
I don't think the question should be how often do you re-wick but rather after how many ml's do you re-wick.
Hahaha thats true I also get lazy to rewick and end up with the crackling and spitting. I vape about 20 - 25ml per day.
I cant get over the wicking tho, its over quick dry hits are non existent cause of it.

I use cb2 exclusively and have tried cb prime but don't like it I get a strange papper tast off it, tride with the same dripper and the same juice and did not forget the cotton break in but still the same, been thinking of trying the ti fiber cotton but don't want to waste my money and is't more hype than actual vape quality?o_O
I've been using Cotton Bacon(V1 and 2) for a good long while and it does the job for me quite well .

Got Prime at VC and I hate the taste of it

Two sealed bags and one bag opened with 1 cotton removed now back in the cupboard.

Back to V2

Send from this side of the screen

Got Prime at VC and I hate the taste of it

Two sealed bags and one bag opened with 1 cotton removed now back in the cupboard.

Back to V2

Send from this side of the screen
Does the taste stay around for long? I ask because I also get it, but it goes away fairly quickly, maybe 3-4 hits and it's gone. Also not a major fan of it, but prime in a squonk works really well so I've learnt to live with it for a few hits.

Taste in my RDA'S stayed even after leaving it for a day while i used other devices that had V2 cotton in.

Taste in my RDA'S stayed even after leaving it for a day while i used other devices that had V2 cotton in.
That is odd. When you say you left it for a day, do you mean you just wicked it then left it without vaping it? Like I say, in my squonker (Dead Rabbit SQ) it normally goes away after a few hits, but it doesn't go away on it's own, it needs a few good hits. Pity this is happening because this cotton is actually really good imho, it wicks like a beast. Hope you come right.

That is odd. When you say you left it for a day, do you mean you just wicked it then left it without vaping it? Like I say, in my squonker (Dead Rabbit SQ) it normally goes away after a few hits, but it doesn't go away on it's own, it needs a few good hits. Pity this is happening because this cotton is actually really good imho, it wicks like a beast. Hope you come right.

Wicked and vaped it a couple of times. Filled up the juice port and left it.Tried again and still not happy.

Owell I'm having a bad week with wicking ......

So the Prime wicks like crazy.
I do get more of a cottony taste during the breaking period than with v2, but i simply juicy it up, pulse the mod a few times and juice the wick again before putting my atty together. That's all it takes for me.
I like to stuff my coils tightly and fluff out the tails quite a bit. I find that with the prime, the cotton breaks at times when pulling it through the coil. If you pack it too loosely, however, you get spitback like crazy..
All in all, not as easy to wick as V2, but the wicking speed is awesome. I even tested it by wicking my coils in my athena and not wetting/priming the coils. I just squonked twice in total and the wick and coils were saturated completely.

I know the thread Title is CB V2 or Prime but TFC is not only the wicking material of choice but the preferred nesting material for the yellow weaver :)
IMG_1800.jpg IMG_1804.jpg
I put the remains of my wicking session down and was gone in minutes. Tried to get a pic but the bugger was to quick.

Curse this thread :eek:

Rewicked with prime after reading it and the for the first time its had a funny taste :confused:

Back