CSMNT. | Cosmonaut RDA Build Thread

Nice... i love it when people seem to have all their stuff figured out. Day time vs night time set ups... Fruity vs dessert set ups... High power vs low power... Warm toasty vape vs cool summery vape.... The list goes on and on...

CSMNT here I come!!

An earned knowledge base of all the factors involved IMO is how you achieve your personal best vapes in any gear for any joose. The more you learn the easier it gets to hit a perfect vape on a first or at worst second try.

Great thread @Dietz
Its lovely when a well liked device gets its own "home" on the forum and everyone can learn from each other in one place.
Adds a lot of value. Thanks

so this is where i am at... gasphase Ni80 fused series dual claptons at 3mm ID coming in at 0.095ohm

I'm vaping at 195W and the heat isn't overwhelming... I do, however, feel that I need to remove one of the coils as 195W on a 220W mod isn't ideal.

unnamed (1).jpg unnamed.jpg

36206107e575a91f3a138840ab8c9a75.jpg

Fused 24g with 38g kidney puncher claptons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been experimenting with my CSMNT for the past few days and I have to change my initial findings a bit.

I am currently experimenting with a few different builds to see which performs better, but On my heat comment, This RDA does stay cool, If I have to compere this to my other RDAs and a few RDAs I tried at the last JHB DIY meet, it is the coolest.

The flavor is really really great on this and am sure I it will be better with Dual coil build in it, but Im still testing various single coils in it.

I can tell you this, Its the most difficult thing NOT to vape this beast! Everytime I see it I have to take a toot or two.

Demon Killer Clapton (24+32 GA) with a 24g NI80 that @Idiot did for me:
has a bit of a Ramp up, but with a few extra Watts its not an issue. Great Flavor and Cloud Production
Would this be considered a Stapled Coil?
1.jpg 2.jpg

Did another build Monday night on the advice of some friends
"For the easiest dual spaced coil, Do 1 parallel and remove them, its MUCH easier that way" they said... @Idiot

Dual 24g NI80 3mm ID 8 wrap @ 0.23
1.jpg

... and then 45 minutes later, the were separated... :-@

2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg

Ive been vaping it between 35-45W and wasn't very happy with it. Upped the Wattage Today to 55-65W and man, what a difference! I still feel that a normal (Tight wrapped) coil performs better, I cant just yet put my finder on why, but I prefer the other.

How do I figure out what Wattage range I should be using based on a specific Ohm build? is there any such a guideline?

"For the easiest dual spaced coil, Do 1 parallel and remove them, its MUCH easier that way" they said... @Idiot

View attachment 87668

View attachment 87669

View attachment 87670
View attachment 87671

Ive been vaping it between 35-45W and wasn't very happy with it. Upped the Wattage Today to 55-65W and man, what a difference! I still feel that a normal (Tight wrapped) coil performs better, I cant just yet put my finder on why, but I prefer the other.

How do I figure out what Wattage range I should be using based on a specific Ohm build? is there any such a guideline?
Hi
I use an app called vape tool. If you purchase the full app it gives you the sweet spot for each build. Using the basic version and guessing at the moment. For your build see pic.

Hi
I use an app called vape tool. If you purchase the full app it gives you the sweet spot for each build. Using the basic version and guessing at the moment. For your build see pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170308-155857.png
    Screenshot_20170308-155857.png
    172.2 KB · Views: 37
@Hakhan
Got this app, trying its recommendations. Its saying for my Build its 48.5W Sweet spot 113.1W (@ 0.27)

*Edit. Seems like it only gives a Min (48.5W) and Max (113.1W)
no sweetspot?

Last edited:
Just found another tool on android called "Vape Tools"

It seems to give recommended wattage (71.04W) as per screen below:

Vape Tools.JPG

UHM, quick question wrt the information in the picture. Why do you have 4.45V?

The 71.04W is just a calculation based on ohms law, not necessarily the sweet spot.
Well thats the voltage it automatically calculates when I click "Calculate Optimal"
Yes, thats why I said "It seems give recommended.." I wasn't quite sure about that either.

Is there a 'easy' way that you could recommend to get the recommend or Sweet spot?

Personally I think the "sweet spot" depends on your vaping style. My brother and his girlfriend like their vape HOT, so their sweetspot is a little bit higher than mine and a lot higher than my wife's.

I think it depends on what you want. So these tools, the same as steam engine, requires you to enter your "heat flux" and it will then tell you what is the "recommended" power.

Well thats the voltage it automatically calculates when I click "Calculate Optimal"
Yes, thats why I said "It seems give recommended.." I wasn't quite sure about that either.

Is there a 'easy' way that you could recommend to get the recommend or Sweet spot?

Heat Flux. That's how you find the sweet spot.

Don't ask me how's it calculated it looks like sorcery.

Quality of steel composition affects resistance greatly so the calculators are mostly theoretical.

View attachment 87668

View attachment 87669

View attachment 87670
View attachment 87671

There is a much easier way to get perfect spaced coils (dual) that'll take you 5 minutes for both. When I have time, I'll make you a quick vid.

Hi @Dietz - i find the sweet spot depends on various things. The coil type, the juice you are vaping, the device its in, the way its wicked and most importantly, your preference. Agree with @Anneries

Lovely photos by the way

Like my single coils, restricted lung hits: Demon killer Staple Staggered Fused Clapton (0.3ohm), 3mm ID, added another wrap and installed diagonally with a 2mm gap from the base. Airflow closed approx 50% for diagonal airflow under coil. Running on a Noisy V2 on parrallel. My sweet spot at the moment, great flavour with little to none ramp up.

964e988a07e0cf14f8a05d99623d1ae6.jpg

a11f455ff1ff4616d444dff5f5c9e4c9.jpg

There is a much easier way to get perfect spaced coils (dual) that'll take you 5 minutes for both. When I have time, I'll make you a quick vid.
I will be waiting ;)

Back