CSMNT. | Cosmonaut RDA Build Thread

I'd like to see how the wicks are seated in dual coil configuration if anyone is up for the task...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see how the wicks are seated in dual coil configuration if anyone is up for the task...

Ill post a pic today for you

Not sure what this alien build is called but it came out nice. Also took a few pics of how i wick the CSMNT with a dual build.
View attachment 87954 View attachment 87955 View attachment 87956 View attachment 87957 View attachment 87958 View attachment 87959 View attachment 87960 View attachment 87961 View attachment 87962

Awesome build and thanx for that wicking pic... so the coils basically get pulled away from each other and hang slightly off the build deck.. almost velocity style wicking in the end... I've been doing almost the same thing, except with shorter wicks just touching the deck, but I just wanted to make sure I'm getting the most out of the CSMNT.

so this is where i am at... gasphase Ni80 fused series dual claptons at 3mm ID coming in at 0.095ohm

I'm vaping at 195W and the heat isn't overwhelming... I do, however, feel that I need to remove one of the coils as 195W on a 220W mod isn't ideal.

View attachment 86973 View attachment 86974

Awesome stuff bro, where did you get those coils, or the wire?

Not sure what this alien build is called but it came out nice. Also took a few pics of how i wick the CSMNT with a dual build.
View attachment 87954 View attachment 87955 View attachment 87956 View attachment 87957 View attachment 87958 View attachment 87959 View attachment 87960 View attachment 87961 View attachment 87962

My gosh @KZOR
Those coils look wicked
Like a scene from a science fiction movie

Whats the vape like? And the ohms? And what power you vaping it at?

where did you get those coils, or the wire
Took 2 x 34ga wires and simultaneously claptoned a 26ga SS. Then i removed the clapton getting a spring which i stretched. Switched the direction of the drill and alien claptoned 2 x 28ga SS strands. Wire i bought from Lightning Vapes in the US.

Untitled.jpg

Whats the vape like? And the ohms? And what power you vaping it at?
Vape is great. Coming in at 0.4 Ohms and vaping at 55W.

Last edited:
Awesome stuff bro, where did you get those coils, or the wire?

Speak to jake @throatpunch he hooked me up and he knows what fits where nicely as well.

I wake up every morning faced with one of the hardest decisions in my life.........am I rocking the CSMNT or GOON today? hahahaha, First world problems, I know, but it really is difficult to decide between the two.

Demon Killer V2 Aliens,

Amazing looking coils @PistolJay
If you cant decide between CSMNT or Goon, why not just rock them both ? With different flavours...

The wife and babies were out of town yesterday so I rebuilt the CSMNT with dual staple staggered fused claptons ID 3mm and wicked as per the pics so graciously provided for me above... Buils came in at .16ohm and man was i pleased with myself!!

Thanx guys for the wicking tips

This build is amazeballs.... I too rock the CSMNT on a green minikin

I have noticed something weird though, and still trying to figure out why. After a while I start getting dry hits. Upon inspection, all looks good, everything is still juiced up nicely and looks okay. I decided to change my wick for good measure. As I tugged on the one end of the wick to pull it out, half of it just fell out effortlessly, the same happened on the other side of that same coil and again on both sides of the 2nd coil. Its almost like the wick disintegrates from the center of the coils. Its happened to me 3 times now. When I wick my coils, I pull the cotton through with some resistance but its neither super tight or super loose. Its weird...

I have noticed something weird though, and still trying to figure out why. After a while I start getting dry hits. Upon inspection, all looks good, everything is still juiced up nicely and looks okay. I decided to change my wick for good measure. As I tugged on the one end of the wick to pull it out, half of it just fell out effortlessly, the same happened on the other side of that same coil and again on both sides of the 2nd coil. Its almost like the wick disintegrates from the center of the coils. Its happened to me 3 times now. When I wick my coils, I pull the cotton through with some resistance but its neither super tight or super loose. Its weird...

That has happened to me in my other devices occasionally. Not sure if its the tightness or looseness of the wick or the juice involved. Seems to only happen with NET tobaccoes. It shreds the wicks.

What cotton are you using? And what juice?
What power are you vaping at on this?

It could be the length of the coils... too many wraps and too much heat down the middle of the coil could be causing the wick to dry out too fast in the middle of the coil... try thinning out the tails of the wick so it wicks faster and also take a few more seconds between puffs.

That has happened to me in my other devices occasionally. Not sure if its the tightness or looseness of the wick or the juice involved. Seems to only happen with NET tobaccoes. It shreds the wicks.

What cotton are you using? And what juice?
What power are you vaping at on this?

Okay so I'm not the only one. Funny enough, It has only happened to me in the CSMNT, The only thing I do differently with regards to wicking, is wick like GrimmGreen does. So wick ends pointing up, slide the cap on, and then push the wick ends down on either side.

I use Cotton Bacon V2 for wick, if i had to think back to what I was vaping each time, Once was with Mustard Milk, Once was with Cuprian Mint Choc Ice Cream, and once with HoneyDew Bubble Tea. I'm using the current setup on the cricket ii, so adjust to taste in series, not 100% sure on wattages.

It could be the length of the coils... too many wraps and too much heat down the middle of the coil could be causing the wick to dry out too fast in the middle of the coil... try thinning out the tails of the wick so it wicks faster and also take a few more seconds between puffs.

What you're saying makes sense, like I said in my reply to Silver, I'm using the current setup on the cricket ii, so adjust to taste in series. So maybe I just need to bring it down a notch. I have the same build in the Goon which I swap out on the cricket, but I think because of all the holes for the airflow, It helps cool things down a bit more between toots. IDK:) But ill try what you suggested

Had some fun last night with the CSMNT... cloud chasing obviously as the kids are away for a while

8fad2bd9b9c451e68b9cf3c07209fa6c.jpg

7281af4f633ae61685726195c50d16b4.jpg

It can take heat. Properly. It can handle fat wire. Properly. If it gets hot, build lower. If it is washy for Flavour, center your build. Running this 20g dual build and it is happiness all the way. Getting oodles of Flavour and clouds that sure belong outdoors.
image.jpeg

looks killer with a Kryten chuff. Goon Killer IMO just not as forgiving with coil setting that's all.image.jpegimage.jpeg

Back