Custom Classic Mod

Pretty much the same... but the part that hassles me is it's really hard to clean inside... but a scotch brite pad on the exterior brings it back to life in a stunning way!

But you clean your mods every, what, 45 minutes or so? :)

How dirty could they get?

ETA: and why are you up so early, Rob, and you so late, Hank?

I was out and about the whole of yesterday and the little red dot at the top of the forum showing the number of unread messages was way too high for my liking... plus when the family wake up they will want me to get off my PC and talk to them... this is quite uninterrupted forum time! :D

Well it appears to have a decent amount of material in the tubes, which I think is the most vulnerable aspect of this type of design. With regard to accidental drops anyway.

They look stunning, thanks for all the pics @Henry Etta and @Rob Fisher

What's the cost of one if I may ask?

But you clean your mods every, what, 45 minutes or so? :)

How dirty could they get?

Not very but I love the fact I can get into every nook and cranny on my REO's and trying to clean inside a tube to my satisfaction isn't easy. But now that the Cee Cee's are off the shelf and onto the desk I think I will clean them again and set them up with new coils and give them a whirl... they have been neglected since the P67's arrived. :p

Well it appears to have a decent amount of material in the tubes, which I think is the most vulnerable aspect of this type of design. With regard to accidental drops anyway.

Yip they are bullet proof. I doubt they would hurt very much being dropped.

Holy Crap, I read this thread in anticipation, and wanted to ask the price, and then BOOM, the shock. Now back to Reomods and drool over the white P67.

About voltage drop, I have no way of testing, but I notice a difference between a Reo and a CC for sure. Ram up time is shorter, and it "hits harder". Not that big of a deal though, really, because you just adjust your build to how you like, right? That's with the solid brass neg contact. I'll let you know about the solid silver neg contact on Wednesday.
The price: yep, it's steep. When I first l looked into them, I thought, who in their right mind would spend that kind of $$ on a metal mech squonker?? I could get 2 Reos for that price. Now, I love the look of the classic Reo Grand- I like the boxy-ness and the catchcup. It's iconic. But, my hands are small, and I tried using a Grand twice, but ended up selling them both times because they weren't comfortable for me to use. I had minis for a while, but found the 18500 battery limiting, both in battery life, and amp limit. And the P67 wasn't even being talked about yet. So I wanted a durable, compact, rounded, mech with a flat top (for all sized attys). I tried a TMod, but IMO, the CC is better- smaller, lighter, and internals are more sophisticated. Better materials for the contacts, and the button press is a dream compared to the TMod. (or anything else, for that matter) So I saved up for a few months and got one. And IMO, it's totally worth it. He makes them by hand (well, with a machine) and he's a really great guy to deal with.
I only have 3 mods, and don't really plan to accumulate any more, and the CC is by far my favorite, my most used, and the one I feel like I can take with me anywhere.
All that being said, had the P67 come out before I got a CC, I might have gotten one of those instead. They look amazing.
Next up: CC maintenance...

Not very but I love the fact I can get into every nook and cranny on my REO's and trying to clean inside a tube to my satisfaction isn't easy. But now that the Cee Cee's are off the shelf and onto the desk I think I will clean them again and set them up with new coils and give them a whirl... they have been neglected since the P67's arrived. :p
I'd be interested in your comparison of the CC & P67, @Rob Fisher.

Every few days (usually in the morning when I'm refilling my juice & changing battery) I take a white eraser to the positive contact and then apply DeOxit gold. Every other week or so, I use a Scotch-bite pad on the exterior to remove oxidation & scratches (this takes only a few minutes, though I don't know if the 7068 will take longer due to it being a harder alloy). I remove the button and polish it with Mothers Mag-- pretty sure any polishing agent will work. I take the white eraser and clean off the brass negative contact and apply DeOxit gold. I actually took out the neg contact once- it is TOTALLY unnecessary, and a real PITA to get back in, so don't do it! If I notice any build-up inside the tubes, I just roll up one of the scotch-brite pads and shove it in there. A bottle brush might work as well. I take an old tooth brush and dip it in some alcohol and scrub around the magnets, wipe it off and apply DeOxit. And then finish with 2-3 coats of Renaissance Wax. The whole process takes about 15 minutes. If you're a heavy shrouder (oxidation occurs more quickly) just rub it on the Scotch-bite pad more regularly, and maybe apply more coats of wax. For me, this has kept the mod in top performance, and you could easily get by with doing this less frequently.

I'd be interested in your comparison of the CC & P67, @Rob Fisher.

I haven't used my CC Mods for a while... but now they are off the shelf I will give them a once over and wick them up for a test drive.

Cory is brilliant to deal with and has a passion for his mods... his skills are awesome and every single CC is important to him and just the way he shows the production to each and every person every step of the way makes it really special. I guess the one thing missing is a way to turn the mod off while in your pocket or handbag... how do you handle that @Henry Etta?

I am still using my CC each day.... It is exceedingly responsive. Love it paired with a Thump that Rob gave me. I always use dual coils and at this stage am using a dual Stainless 28g 6 wrap setup. Fires nicely albeit with a slight lag.

It's all about the feel in my hand. I love it!

I haven't used my CC Mods for a while... but now they are off the shelf I will give them a once over and wick them up for a test drive.

Cory is brilliant to deal with and has a passion for his mods... his skills are awesome and every single CC is important to him and just the way he shows the production to each and every person every step of the way makes it really special. I guess the one thing missing is a way to turn the mod off while in your pocket or handbag... how do you handle that @Henry Etta?
I haven't really worried about locking it at all yet... I only had an issue with that once with a Woodvil-- because of the side fire button. Mostly my mod is sitting upright in a pocket or bag with no real chance of it auto-firing. But with hiking/camping/biking season coming up, I may have to revisit. My first thought is to just put a piece of cardboard or a small oring in between the button & battery. Not the best solution, but it would work.
My 7068 arrives tomorrow!!

I haven't really worried about locking it at all yet... I only had an issue with that once with a Woodvil-- because of the side fire button. Mostly my mod is sitting upright in a pocket or bag with no real chance of it auto-firing. But with hiking/camping/biking season coming up, I may have to revisit. My first thought is to just put a piece of cardboard or a small oring in between the button & battery. Not the best solution, but it would work.
My 7068 arrives tomorrow!!

As I recall, you ended up with melted backpack on your atty (a Stumpy?) and melted atty on your backpack.

Congrats on the imminent 7068. We simply must get pics and a review!

As I recall, you ended up with melted backpack on your atty (a Stumpy?) and melted atty on your backpack.

Congrats on the imminent 7068. We simply must get pics and a review!
I did. I thought I had locked the woodvil, but I guess I didn't lock it quite enough... melted the a hole in my bag and got a nice goopy coating of nylon on my new stumpy. Sent the woodvil in to Rob and the Stumpy back to Tom. All better in a week.

7068 arrived Wednesday, and haven't put it down since. It's not noticeably lighter than the 6061. I weighed them, and I think it's only about .2 grams lighter. The finish seems smoother- not sure if it has anything to do with the material, or if Corey just worked extra hard on this batch. So far, the shrouding seems about the same as the 6061 (I didn't put any wax on in order to test it... just today I noticed some very light beginnings of the shroud). It does seem quite a bit less susceptible to light scratches- there are exactly none, even after carrying it to work with me three days in a row. I bet it would weather a drop on concrete much more gracefully than any other material Corey offers. The solid silver negative contact is really nice. I notice a difference even with my .6ohm build on my NarDa. I haven't bothered with the Scotch-Brite yet, so I don't know how much more difficult it'll be to refinish it. I do think I'll pick up some fine grit Bear-Tex pads, because this really fine brushed look is so nice. All in all, I think it's worth the extra $50, just based on the scratch resistance. And Corey is selling the silver negative contacts for $20, which is a great deal for a really nice upgrade. I'll post some pics up maybe tomorrow, when there's hopefully some sunlight. It'll be impossible to capture this finish, though.

CeeCee #1 and #2 came off the shelf and had a major pit stop with Scotch Brite and a new coil and wick in the Cyclones. CeeCee #1 is rigged with Tropical Ice and I'm just toying with what to load up on CeeCee #2.
CeeCee 001.JPG CeeCee 003.JPG

CeeCee #1 and #2 came off the shelf and had a major pit stop with Scotch Brite and a new coil and wick in the Cyclones. CeeCee #1 is rigged with Tropical Ice and I'm just toying with what to load up on CeeCee #2.
View attachment 49506 View attachment 49507

Oh the FOMO on my side :-(
Now I feel like I need to add a CeeCee to my devices as well, even though it is probably very very similar to a T-Mod.

Back