Cyber Monday

All in all I'm very disappointed with this sale, all of about 6 concentrates at R20, every time I try checkout I get told that items are out of stock BUT they still show in stock on the main site, no R5 concentrates as promised which is why I probably lost out on all the other specials.

That checkout button can stay unclicked on my side now.

Yeah, I stopped filling my cart. My money can be better spent elsewhere today.

I have to agree.

Quite dissapointed and even more so that I did not spend money at the flavour mill on those cheap cheap FA concentrates.

Placed an order regardless, but VBIC, Van. custard v1 and bavarian sold out...

Ordered my VBIC, Bavarian Cream (5 of each at R19.00) and VC v1 from FlavourMill on Friday.

As a comparison I got:

55 concentrates 2 VG and 1 Nic at FlavourMill for R1873.00 (R29.15 per concentrate)
21 concentrates 1 VG and 1 Nic at Blck for R1005.00 (R39.04 per concentrate)

To be fair though I ordered VBIC, VC v1 and Bavarian from FlavourMill but had I ordered from BlckVapour I would only have been able to get 2 of each.

HAVING SAID THAT: I am grateful to both vendors for the great specials. I saved about R650 in total which is superb. In addition BlckVapour has a huge variety of concentrate and I would not be able to make the recipes I want to if it was not for their awesome selection. My buddy and I who DIY together and share costs were planning on spending R3000 this month to DIY for the holidays and we ended up getting much more bang for our buck with these two vendors having decent (for some products GREAT) specials. Margins can't be huge on these concentrates so I hope both made some decent profits.

We also need to understand that BlckVapour is a bigger operation and their running costs are likely higher than FlavourMill. In contrast FlavourMill is the new guy on the block and offering such huge discounts was probably quite a business risk. FlavourMill probably didn't run out of stock due to the fact that they probably have a smaller customer base. BlckVapour seems to have a far larger one so it's expected that they would run out of stock quicker (hence the 2 per customer limit). They did their best to ensure more customers got to make use of the specials.

Also consider that I don't think any of the other concentrate vendors had specials at all.

Thanks to @Richio, @DizZa and @Erica_TFM again.

Ah well I placed my usual monthly re-order as I always do and a bunch of other things also. I got a fair amount of extra concentrates because of the special. Sure the prices weren't great and I am a bit annoyed that I couldn't buy more than 2 of anything but hey, some money was saved. Actually I lie, I bought more things because of it lol. Anyway, off to trying to not spend more money on the Steam Autumn Sale

Also having the problem. Showing stock on site but on checkout its saying out of stock. Guess i came too late
Same here. went back for strawberry sweet, site say 1 in stock but cart say sold out

:(

As they say, you snooze you loose.

I was on the site at 08h00, got 2 of everything on special, checked out and that's it. No issues...

Thanks for this one @Richio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Damn, loaded my cart 8:00 went into a meeting, finished off now and went to check out and all the concentrates I went for are sold out, FML. Oh well next year maybe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is although i was a little disappointed after all the hype, i did manage to get what i wanted cheaper than a normal day. and i mean i was broke on friday so i cant compare black friday to this cyber monday all i have to compare it to is an average day. so yeah thank you @Richio for the specials, however i didnt see any R5 flavours, Maybe they fell into my order by mistake *wink Wink Nudge Nudge

By the time I added everything to my cart, all the items I wanted was sold out.

@Richio

Order #10014484 (placed and paid 08:10 this morning)

I see my order is still unfulfilled so I gather it is because I took the free shipping option (orders above R1000) and now the parcel is treated like normal post. Huge mistake from my side if that is the case.

1) I assume there is no way of tracking my parcel?
2) Any idea how log it would take to reach Cape Town?
3) Any possibility of paying the ekstra R75 for speedy delivery?

@Richio

Order #10014484 (placed and paid 08:10 this morning)

I see my order is still unfulfilled so I gather it is because I took the free shipping option (orders above R1000) and now the parcel is treated like normal post. Huge mistake from my side if that is the case.

1) I assume there is no way of tracking my parcel?
2) Any idea how log it would take to reach Cape Town?
3) Any possibility of paying the ekstra R75 for speedy delivery?
@KZOR...unfulfilled means still with them.all orders are tracked and even my free delivery stuff come the next day jhb to jhb. tracking numbers generally come bet 6 and 8pm

Hi @KZOR

1) I assume there is no way of tracking my parcel? Tracking details will be sent out as soon as the parcels has been collected
2) Any idea how log it would take to reach Cape Town? Normally overnight but please expect a day delay (due to the sale)
3) Any possibility of paying the ekstra R75 for speedy delivery? Free shipping is delivery via courier to your door.

I don't like to rip on local vendors, but..

@tekk.ninja
Quantities will be limited to be fair to all customers & here's a tip, there'll be few flavours at R5 which won't be up on the specials page. If you happen to see them Your luck.

:wondering: Almost tempted to report as false advertising as this statement drove quite a lot of traffic to your site. The amount stock allocated to the special was also suspect.

It was certainly not "THE BIGGEST DIY SALE EVER!!!".

Members are posting their orders under Vapemail already and mine is still unfulfilled. ???
I was probably one of the first to pay at 8:09am.
@Richio ........ sure you did not forget about mine?
Nope, mine was in at 08:10. Also still waiting. Haven't you ordered from them before? Usually get your tracking number between 7 and 9, next day delivery. Mine stays unfulfilled until I get the tracking number. These guys will be working overtime tonight.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I don't like to rip on local vendors, but..

:wondering: Almost tempted to report as false advertising as this statement drove quite a lot of traffic to your site. The amount stock allocated to the special was also suspect.

It was certainly not "THE BIGGEST DIY SALE EVER!!!".
I tend to agree with you here. I was holding back on other sales for today. I wasn't overwhelmed with the sales. I did get a few good R20 deals, but the R5 off is meh, strange tho, any other day and we would have been very happy. Because of the Cyber Monday attachment we expected more. I am not unhappy at all tho, I support @Richio 100%, he is my goto DIY vendor, but a bit better sale would have been more appropriate of the name

I agree with you 100% @Caveman. Initially I was a little irate at missing out on the sale due to looking for the R5 concentrates. Then I calmed down slightly, realized these guys have always given me great service and ended up taking advantage of the R5 off concentrates. Placed an order for what I needed and even paid full price (less R5) for the two 10ml strawberry ripes I wanted.

Blck will always be my go to.

I'm sorry, I get you guys are displaying brand loyalty based on service you received in the past, but I can't look past the fact that they blatantly lied in order to create more hype. I don't think that is OK in the least.

I'm sorry, I get you guys are displaying brand loyalty based on service you received in the past, but I can't look past the fact that they blatantly lied in order to create more hype. I don't think that is OK in the least.
Perhaps let's give @Richio a shot at explaining. It might have been a typo. If it wasn't, well, I can't defend that.

It might have been a typo. If it wasn't, well, I can't defend that.

That would be a rather convenient explanation. I'm surprised he hasn't addressed it already considering it was brought up by others this morning already. Either way it's a shame, he does deliver great service in general, but it is what it is.

Back